What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 6 vs Bulldogs @ McDonald Jones Stadium

Who will win? Round 6: Knights v Bulldogs

• Newcastle Knights 13+

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

• Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs 1-12

• Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs 13+

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2017 - Round 6
Newcastle Knights v Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs
McDonald Jones Stadium, New Lambton (TICKETS)
Friday 7 April 2017

Gates 3:30pm / NYC 3:45pm / NRL 6pm

NEW-17teamlist.jpg

1. Brendan Elliott 2. Ken Sio 3. Dane Gagai 4. Peter Mata'utia 5. Nathan Ross 6. Brock Lamb 7. Trent Hodkinson 8. Jack Stockwell 9. Danny Levi 10. Josh Starling 11. Sione Mata'utia 12. Jamie Buhrer 13. Mitchell Barnett
Interchange: 14. Sam Stone 15. Anthony Tupou 16. Joe Wardle 17. Daniel Saifiti 18. Jaelen Feeney 19. Luke Yates 20. Jacob Gagan 21. Jacob Saifiti

CBY-17teamlist.jpg

1. Brad Abbey 2. Brett Morris 3. Josh Morris 4. Brenko Lee 5. Marcelo Montoya 6. Josh Reynolds 7. Moses Mbye 8. Aiden Tolman 9. Michael Lichaa 10. James Graham 11. Josh Jackson 12. Greg Eastwood 13. David Klemmer
Interchange: 14. Sam Kasiano 15. Danny Fualalo 16. Adam Elliot 17. Raymond Faitala-Mariner 19. Craig Garvey 20. Matt Frawley 21. Francis Tualau 23. Reimis Smith

REF-2017-YELLOW.png

Referees: Adam Gee, Gavin Reynolds
Sideline Officials: Jeff Younis, Adam Reid
Video Referees: Jared Maxwell, Luke Patten

NYC Round 6
Knights v Bulldogs at McDonald Jones Stadium, Fri 3:45pm

ISP NSW Round 6
Canterbury v North Sydney (Rabbitohs) at Belmore, Sat 3pm
Penrith v Newcastle at St Marys Leagues, Sat 5pm​

Last edited by a moderator:

Swarzey

Bench
Can we win? Yeah

Will we? Nah

Wouldn't be surprised if off the back of an encouraging performance we shit the bed big time and get smacked.

Rudderriffic

Juniors
This game could be the canary in the coal mine of our season. If we sustain the effort from this week we have a decent shot, and it would show growing resilience within the squad. If not, strap in for another year of the same.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
This is a game that I'll be genuinely filthy about if we lose.

We are playing at home against a team with a terrible attacking record with halves that are almost as uncreative as ours and arguably with a worse kicking game. If we defend our goal line like we did against the sharks then we should be able to keep them to 1-2 tries which will put us right in the mix.

Then we just need to be good enough to take our opportunities in attack and I believe we'll have plenty of chances. If we can break down their defensive pattern with some offloads and give our backs early ball then I think we can win it!

Haffa

3 of these 6pm KO's in 4 weeks?! Then another 3 later in the year.

We will probably end the season with 4 more.

It's wose than the 530 Saturday KO.

Knight76

Juniors
Rubbish timeslot. I have to leave work two hours early to get home, then get to newy to watch.

Anyway, as above. I will be dirty if we lose this one. I was dirty with losing last week as Cronulla were not putting us away, yet we were still handing them the game on a platter.

The dogs is very, very winnable.

Who is the ref?

Pedge1971

First Grade
Rubbish timeslot. I have to leave work two hours early to get home, then get to newy to watch.

Anyway, as above. I will be dirty if we lose this one. I was dirty with losing last week as Cronulla were not putting us away, yet we were still handing them the game on a platter.

The dogs is very, very winnable.

Who is the ref?

Dunno. But our luck would be for the NRL to Henry us out of it.

Surely with the concussion protocols and his age Sione won't play. Wouldn't be surprised if he needs to take a few weeks off.

Hopefully Rossdog is fit.

perverse

Referee
I don't know about being filthy if we lose, but I do think we're a real chance of a win here. If we can handle the Dogs in the middle, we can certainly get up. Their backline isn't overly creative.

Hardcore_Fan

Juniors
Sione only couldn't come back as he had to have 2 HIAs in the one game. He passed the first HIA so he wasn't concussed for that one, he could very well have passed the second HIA but due to the rules was not allowed back. I didn't think his head knocks were that bad.

Glendale

Juniors
It is a concern he seems to be getting a lot of then though. Tackle technique definatley needs to be worked on.

macavity

Referee
Sione only couldn't come back as he had to have 2 HIAs in the one game. He passed the first HIA so he wasn't concussed for that one, he could very well have passed the second HIA but due to the rules was not allowed back. I didn't think his head knocks were that bad.

He had the wobbly boot walking off the second time.

Yosh

Coach
We've lost by 1. We've lost by 4 and 6. I'm gonna put us on losing by 2 or 3 points this weekend.

Hardcore_Fan

Juniors
I like the make up of our team this week. Looks like stockwell has been rewarded with his decent form with a starting spot.

Wardle has continued to impress me and is named on the bench as is tupou.

hopefully Ross passes whatever fitness test he needs to do, in suprised gagan is still named on the extended bench after his performance on the weekend.

What I do like is, none of our forwards are dropping their game enough to push Jacob saifiti back into the team. Basically means that Jacob will really need to step it up to get his way back in which is good motivation for him, also keeps everyone else on their toes.

Still Nutty

Juniors
Match officials:

Referee: Adam Gee. Assistant referee: Gavin Reynolds. Sideline officials: Jeff Younis and Adam Reid.

:cool: No Henry Perenara has to be a bonus!!!