What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 6 vs Cowboys @ 1300SMILES Stadium

Who will win? Round 6: Cowboys v Wests Tigers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2017 - Round 6
North Queensland Cowboys v Wests Tigers
1300SMILES Stadium, Townsville (TICKETS)
Saturday 8 April 2017

Gates 5pm / NYC 5:15pm / NRL 7:30pm

NQL-17teamlist.jpg

1. Lachlan Coote 2. Kyle Feldt 3. Javid Bowen 4. Kane Linnett 5. Gideon Gela-Mosby 6. Michael Morgan 7. Johnathan Thurston 8. Patrick Kaufusi 9. Ben Hampton 10. Scott Bolton 11. Gavin Cooper 12. Ethan Lowe 13. Jason Taumalolo
Interchange: 14. Kalyn Ponga 15. John Asiata 16. Coen Hess 17. Shaun Fensom 18. Sam Hoare 20. Corey Jensen 21. Blake Leary 22. Ben Spina

WST-17teamlist.jpg

1. James Tedesco 2. David Nofoaluma 3. Jamal Idris 4. Kevin Naiqama 5. Moses Suli 6. Mitchell Moses 7. Jack Littlejohn 8. Aaron Woods 9. Matt McIlwrick 10. Ava Seumanufagai 11. Josh Aloiai 12. Chris Lawrence 13. Elijah Taylor
Interchange: 14. Tim Grant 15. Sauaso Sue 16. Michael Chee-Kam 17. Jacob Liddle 18. Kyle Lovett 19. Joel Edwards 20. Justin Hunt 21. Junior Tatola

REF-2017-RED.png

Referees: Grant Atkins, Chris Sutton
Sideline Officials: Belinda Sleeman, Nick Morel
Video Referees: Luke Patten, Jason Robinson

NYC Round 6
Cowboys v Wests Tigers at 1300SMILES Stadium, Sat 5:15pm

ISC QLD Round 6
Pride (Cowboys) v Blackhawks (Cowboys) at Barlow Park, Sat 5:30pm
Capras (Titans) v Cutters (Cowboys) at Browne Park, Sat 6:40pm

ISP NSW Round 6
Wests Tigers v Mounties (Raiders) at Leichhardt, Sat 3pm​

Last edited by a moderator:

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
God this is going to be f**king messy.

Drastic changes are needed but won't help.
Firstly, don't go to Tedesco every f**king time.

I'm tempted to go look at the data, but I reckon he'd go close to having more hit ups than any other fullback.

Time to start making changes. New centres, no Naiqama, a solid defender at five eighth (not to be used as a five-eighth in attack), get some size and versatility on the edges and some size on the bench.

They've got nothing to lose and have a new coach to impress. They'd go well if given plenty of time and opportunity.

It's all drastic and highly debatable I know, but we can't rely on the current lot to get the job done after successive weeks of insipid performances.

1 - Tedesco
2 - Nofoaluma
3 - Heleta
4 - Suli
5 - Jacobs
6 - Lawrence
7 - Moses
8 - Woods
9 - McIlwrick
10 - Felise
11 - Sue
12 - Marsters
13 - Taylor

14 - Aloiai
15 - Tatola
16 - Grant
17 - Littlejohn

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
In addition to my last post, we also need to know what sort of quality our depth is and whether we've been using depth players over better ones all season so far.

Tiger05

First Grade
MU - I know we are a mess but that team is worse than what we have now. Sue is so much better in the middle. I don't think he can play on the edge.

Lawrence at 6 is a good idea.

1 - Tedesco
2 - Nofoaluma
3 - Suli
4 - Idris
5 - Hunt
6 - Lawrence
7 - Moses
8 - Woods
9 - McIlwrick
10 - Ava
11 - Chee-Kam
12 - Sironen
13 - Taylor

14 - Aloiai
15 - Sue
16 - Grant
17 - Littlejohn

Shredder

Juniors
I like lawrence at 6.
Hes D is better than any of our backs - he runs decent lines and we have noone else....

simmo05

Bench
Naiquama has to go. Its the only game i get to got to, if i see him on the field im going to give it to him all game.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I know Sue is better in the middle. But we need to improve immensely on the edges against the cowboys.

Cowboys run all their attacking plays on the edges. Not in the middle.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
MU - I know we are a mess but that team is worse than what we have now. Sue is so much better in the middle. I don't think he can play on the edge.

Lawrence at 6 is a good idea.

1 - Tedesco
2 - Nofoaluma
3 - Suli
4 - Idris
5 - Hunt
6 - Lawrence
7 - Moses
8 - Woods
9 - McIlwrick
10 - Ava
11 - Chee-Kam
12 - Sironen
13 - Taylor

14 - Aloiai
15 - Sue
16 - Grant
17 - Littlejohn
No way is Bayley Sironen ready for the NRL.

Clifferd

Coach
God this is going to be f**king messy.

Drastic changes are needed but won't help.
Firstly, don't go to Tedesco every f**king time.

I'm tempted to go look at the data, but I reckon he'd go close to having more hit ups than any other fullback.

Time to start making changes. New centres, no Naiqama, a solid defender at five eighth (not to be used as a five-eighth in attack), get some size and versatility on the edges and some size on the bench.

They've got nothing to lose and have a new coach to impress. They'd go well if given plenty of time and opportunity.

It's all drastic and highly debatable I know, but we can't rely on the current lot to get the job done after successive weeks of insipid performances.

1 - Tedesco
2 - Nofoaluma
3 - Heleta
4 - Suli
5 - Jacobs
6 - Lawrence
7 - Moses
8 - Woods
9 - McIlwrick
10 - Felise
11 - Sue
12 - Marsters
13 - Taylor

14 - Aloiai
15 - Tatola
16 - Grant
17 - Littlejohn

Teddy had 27 hit ups on the weekend. That's absurd.. I'd be telling him to knock it back to around 15

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member

f**k.

What are our centres and back rowers doing. Thats crazy

Front-Rower

First Grade
Teddy had 27 hit ups on the weekend. That's absurd.. I'd be telling him to knock it back to around 15

RTS had 24 runs this weekend and Mick Gordon 21. Whilst I agree 27 is a bit much I truly believe it's because they just throw the ball to him to make something happen in the opposition 20. It goes to show there is no plan to any attack apart from the ball out the back.

Tiger05

First Grade
No way is Bayley Sironen ready for the NRL.

He probably isn't but we need a forward who can play on the edge. Sue & Aloiai can't seem to play on the edge. I'd put MCK there and Lawrence to me is fine on the edge as well.

If Lawrence goes to 6 we lose an edge forward but at least we can some grunt in the middle.

Clifferd

Coach
Idris 11

Naiqama 10 (all ineffective mind you)

Lawrence 6

Seriously for 80 minutes they should all be around 14-15

Aloiai (57 minutes) 11

I'd say Teddy did all the work for those bludgers too.

Nofoaluma 20

Suli 14

BuffaloRules

Coach
Lawrence at 6 is not a bad idea but it wont happen...

I don't think they can persevere with him in the starting back row...

His hit ups are just fodder and he often is driven back which kills the go forward....( although he is not on his own there...)

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Lawrence at 6 is purely to help the right side defence and keep it in place and constantly contracting infield. He slides well.

For Rowdy to play @6 Mosses will have to play both sides of the ruck which he seems reluctant to do,in defence it could work but i would also hide Moses on the wing in defence similar to what the cows do with JT.