What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 7 vs Knights @ Scully Park

Who will win? Round 7: Wests Tigers v Knights

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle Knights 13+

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tigerm

First Grade
I have only seen the highlights, we have won a few in a similar fashion, so not the end of the comp for us. But maybe consider swapping Nofo & Thompson? Just think Nofo is to good a ball runner to leave out.

Leigh Howlett

Juniors
Crikey, why are the Knights our Bogey team?, we always struggle to beat them, one loss against them 2 years ago cost us a spot in the Finals, it was their only win all freakin' year!.

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
Crikey, why are the Knights our Bogey team?, we always struggle to beat them, one loss against them 2 years ago cost us a spot in the Finals, it was their only win all freakin' year!.
Hey, credit to the Knights. They played a quality game and targeted our edges well. It's a wake up call that can be worked on, better now than late in the season.

Clifferd

Coach

I congratulated Knights fans on their forum and they replied back saying it was their best win in the last 5-6 years. Not trying to discredit their win but we were terrible yet only lost in the last couple mins

I still think this is only a minor hiccup, and hopefully a reality check for the boys

Front-Rower

First Grade
Too many bogey men in their side who always seem to aim up against us like SKD, Pearce, Sio, Guerra..it’s amazing how we make these ordinary players look like world beaters...oh and that rushing in from the edges, nofo I’m looking at you son

Knights deserved the win,we were flat from the start and our line speed was ordinary in defence,Our attack still isn’t great but leading with 10 minutes to go we seemed hesitant and fearful in knowing how to finish the game off,failing to bang over a field goal when up by 6 or putting it into the in goal or touch came back to bite us.

Clifferd

Coach
I like Nofo but you can’t carry a winger that continually lets more tries in then he scores.

The ole saying, you can score as many tries as you want but if you’re letting in more than you score, it’s pointless

Can’t believe it finally took a team like Newy to exploit our weakness. Other than our wingers I don’t think we should be panicking a lot though

Vozzy

Juniors
Better team won was 5 tries to 3. Our forwards got beaten for the first time this year it's hard to maintain intensity for so long they didn't lose through lack of effort they would not have taken them lightly they were just a bit flat. Kinda like the warriors against broncos then the dragons against warriors it's easy after a hard 6 weeks to be flat for a week. Nofo came off his wing easy to blame him but I though forwards got sucked in causing us to be short outside. The second try to Sio Nofo had no choice to come in he had 3 guys running at him.

Good thing is we lost and still in top 4. I want eels to win this week so they get that win. Otherwise they will be more desperate then last time. If they win then we will lift intensity for them.

Last edited:

Crazyperpman

Juniors
The effort was there as always but it was a pretty ordinary performance. Our edge defence was absolutely exposed, I think this is the first time this season another team has taken us seriously and gone in with a game plan specific to the Wests Tigers. Last night we made Ken Sio look like a god damn international winger.

Benji was great, especially in defence. Brooks had a few dodgy kicks but one average performance can be forgiven after his start, just dont want him to slip into his old ways of gifting 7 sets when we need to maintain pressure.

All teams lose games and get outplayed, but the successful teams respond and rarely lose two in a row. Regardless of how Parra go this weekend I expect a real foot on the throat effort next week where we dominate in every facet.

Tiger Ted

Bench
We will know a heck of a lot more re our side being the real deal re a finals contender at 6pm next Sunday against a desperate parra.

It was back to tigers of old re a no. of facets.We were exposed on our edges, made an avg winger look great, we lost the middle, Brooks gets tackled on 5th tackle at critical part of game when all he had to do was grubber kick ball into in goal & we win, we snatch loss from jaws of victory.

Btw I’m not sold on ET.He is a deadset powder puff in attack who tends to do to much sideways running.ET & MWZ r unfortunately 2 of IC’s favourites & I’ve no doubt IC looks at these powder puffs with rose coloured glasses but we won’t ever win a comp with these kind of players in our NRL team.

simmo05

Bench
We were just doing our annual 'make Pierce look like A Johns so he gets picked for the Blues' trick we have been doing for a decade.
It was a bit of a wake up call for the team. Should have won it, even after playing so badly. A couple of things i couldnt quite grasp though, the knights should have had someone in the bin for a profesional foul, the last penalty was not a penalty, and Pierce reeling out of a tackle clutching his pec, and going off for a hia. Without any interchanges left, they should have had 12 on the field in the final stages. And im pretty sure his replacement put in the kick for the last try.

SKD moved well off the mark and the WT got penalised for it,sure enough they score in the next set.The ref was ordinary but so were we and even more so for not closing it out.

Clifferd

Coach
Doesn’t matter anymore but bill Harrigan came out on the radio and said tigers were dudded again. Said SKD should’ve been told to play the ball on the mark or deemed as a knock on

Clifferd

Coach
We will know a heck of a lot more re our side being the real deal re a finals contender at 6pm next Sunday against a desperate parra.

It was back to tigers of old re a no. of facets.We were exposed on our edges, made an avg winger look great, we lost the middle, Brooks gets tackled on 5th tackle at critical part of game when all he had to do was grubber kick ball into in goal & we win, we snatch loss from jaws of victory.

Btw I’m not sold on ET.He is a deadset powder puff in attack who tends to do to much sideways running.ET & MWZ r unfortunately 2 of IC’s favourites & I’ve no doubt IC looks at these powder puffs with rose coloured glasses but we won’t ever win a comp with these kind of players in our NRL team.

That was probably ETs worst game for us since he joined, but I can’t fault him just coming back injured and generally the whole team on the night was bad apart from a 15 min period after half time

Tiger Ted

Bench
Doesn’t matter anymore but bill Harrigan came out on the radio and said tigers were dudded again. Said SKD should’ve been told to play the ball on the mark or deemed as a knock on
Yep SKD obviously milked the penalty & to rub salt in the wounds he scores the winning try.The refs r total fkn morons.Its not rocket science identifying. when a player is attempting to milk a penalty.Even in English premier league from what I saw in a Liverpool v Everton match a few wks ago a player was penalised for trying to milk a penalty.Its time nrl refs started to employ common sense in policing the ruck !

Front-Rower

First Grade
Wasn’t ET let go by Cleary at Penrith? Didn’t fit in with his structures out there or something from memory

Tigerm

First Grade
Are you blokes serious? We lost by 2 pts, its a loss, but nothing more, it happens. Expect to rectify this next game FFS? If not,well so be it.