What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 7 vs Roosters @ McDonald Jones Stadium

Who will win? Round 7: Knights v Roosters

• Newcastle Knights 13+

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle Knights 1-12

• Draw after Golden Point

• Sydney Roosters 1-12

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2017 - Round 7
Newcastle Knights v Sydney Roosters
McDonald Jones Stadium, New Lambton (TICKETS)
Friday 14 April 2017

Gates 3:30pm / NYC 3:45pm / NRL 6pm

TV: Fox League

NEW-17teamlist.jpg

1. Brendan Elliott 2. Ken Sio 3. Dane Gagai 4. Peter Mata'utia 5. Nathan Ross 6. Brock Lamb 7. Trent Hodkinson 8. Jack Stockwell 9. Danny Levi 10. Josh Starling 11. Sione Mata'utia 12. Jamie Buhrer 13. Mitchell Barnett
Interchange: 14. Sam Stone 15. Anthony Tupou 16. Joe Wardle 17. Daniel Saifiti 18. Jaelen Feeney 19. Luke Yates 20. Jacob Gagan 21. Jacob Saifiti

SYD-17teamlist.jpg

1. Michael Gordon 2. Daniel Tupou 3. Joseph Manu 4. Blake Ferguson 5. Shaun Kenny-Dowall 6. Luke Keary 7. Mitchell Pearce 8. Jared Waerea-Hargreaves 9. Jake Friend 10. Isaac Liu 11. Boyd Cordner 12. Mitchell Aubusson 13. Aidan Guerra
Interchange: 14. Kane Evans 15. Zane Tetevano 16. Ryan Matterson 17. Connor Watson 18. Paul Carter 19. Lindsay Collins 22. Jayden Nikorima 23. Sio Siua Taukeiaho

REF-2017-YELLOW.png

Referees: Gavin Badger, Chris James
Sideline Officials: Adam Reid, Jon Stone
Video Referees: Jared Maxwell, Ben Galea

NYC Round 7
Knights v Roosters at McDonald Jones Stadium, Fri 3:45pm

ISP Round 7
North Sydney (Rabbitohs) v Wyong (Roosters) at North Sydney Oval, Thu 6:30pm
Blacktown Workers (Sea Eagles) v Newcastle at Lottoland, Sat 12:40pm (FOX)​

Last edited by a moderator:

Joel-22

Juniors
1.Brendan Elliott
2.Nathan Ross
3.Dane Gagai
4.Pete Mata'utia
5.Ken Sio (what an astute signing - ultimate professional)
6.Brock Lamb
7.Trent Hodkinson
8.Jack Stockwell
9.Jamie Buhrer
10.Josh Starling
11.Sione Mata'utia
12.Joe Wardle
13.Mitch Barnett

14.Danny Levi
15.Anthony Tupou (he's doing some great stuff)
16.Pauli Pauli
17.Luke Yates

Both Saifitis need a rest. They've look like scared boys out there most of this season. They just need to run hard and get their body in a position to make good upper body contact.

Can you imagine if they played with the same physicality as Sione? I'd go as far to say they'd be serious contenders for a spot in the NSW squad

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
I would be ok with that team.

Unfortunately I feel like it's going to be the same old story this Friday... We will try hard and have our opportunities but ultimately we'll be outgunned by a side who turns their chances into points. Roosters by 18

Noname36

First Grade
Can you imagine if they played with the same physicality as Sione? I'd go as far to say they'd be serious contenders for a spot in the NSW squad

Sione is a different player. 99% of kids of their experience level aren't ready or mature enough to maintain that level of physicality week in week out.

They don't need comparisons. Sione also has a year extra experience and struggled his second season too.

I'd give the twins some time in NSW cup too but only to re-energise them - through no fault of their own. Do people seriously not understand the magnitude of what those two (especially Daniel) have been required to do?

Joel-22

Juniors
Sione is a different player. 99% of kids of their experience level aren't ready or mature enough to maintain that level of physicality week in week out.

They don't need comparisons. Sione also has a year extra experience and struggled his second season too.

I'd give the twins some time in NSW cup too but only to re-energise them - through no fault of their own. Do people seriously not understand the magnitude of what those two (especially Daniel) have been required to do?

FTR I am their biggest fan. They're both capable of greatness but they need a spell. I don't disagree with anything you've said. I would like to see a little more aggro in them however. It was there in spades last season but it appears to have disappeared this season. Give them both a few weeks playing big minutes in Cup to reset and bring them back. They're kids, I'm confident they'll bounce back and reach their potential

Glendale

Juniors
Hopefully Rory is back this week to add some much needed experience and composure to the spine.

Saifitis have got second year syndrome. Very common. Would like to drop them but don't know who for. Pauli probably needs a few more games in reggies.

Pedge1971

First Grade
Cannot see us getting anything other than a credible loss here. Roosters will come out blazing after their lacklustre effort in Brisbane last week.

macavity

Referee
They have a point to prove after two on the trot.

We are going to start flagging soon - busting your arse to lose games you should win gets deflating.

Expecting a tough night.

Spot On

Coach
Not as deflating as being pumped by 40 every week though Mac. We're not being absolutely torn to shreds week after week like last season.

If anything, they should be motivated knowing they are a much better unit (so far) this season. They are close. Very close. The law of averages would tell us that we will have to have a change of luck sooner or later regarding refereeing 50/50 calls. But we need to maintain the energy and enthusiasm we've shown thus far.

I hope they can continue to build every week. I know they'll get thumped from time to time, but it's important they limit those blowouts as much as possible.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
If by "ambush them" you mean:

Go toe-to-toe with them for 30 mins, concede a couple of soft tries just before half time then turn up deflated after the break and spend all second half defending our goal line, then mount a somewhat spirited but error riddled late comeback to lose by 6 - 12 points so that the media can say how brave we are and how we're heading in the right direction?

In which case yes we will ambush them.

Caped Crusader

Juniors
If by "ambush them" you mean:

Go toe-to-toe with them for 30 mins, concede a couple of soft tries just before half time then turn up deflated after the break and spend all second half defending our goal line, then mount a somewhat spirited but error riddled late comeback to lose by 6 - 12 points so that the media can say how brave we are and how we're heading in the right direction?

In which case yes we will ambush them.
Nooooooooo I meant we'll ambush the Roosters team bus with an IED on the way up the M1...

Joel-22

Juniors
1.Brendan Elliott
2.Nathan Ross
3.Dane Gagai
4.Pete Mata'utia
6.Brock Lamb
7.Trent Hodkinson
8.Jack Stockwell
9.Jamie Buhrer
10.Josh Starling
11.Sione Mata'utia
12.Joe Wardle
13.Mitch Barnett

14.Danny Levi
15.Anthony Tupou (he's doing some great stuff)
16.Pauli Pauli
17.Luke Yates

Both Saifitis need a rest. They've look like scared boys out there most of this season. They just need to run hard and get their body in a position to make good upper body contact.

1.Brendan Elliott
2.Nathan Ross
3.Dane Gagai
4.Pete Mata'utia
6.Brock Lamb
7.Trent Hodkinson
8.Jack Stockwell
9.Danny Levi
10.Josh Starling
11.Sione Mata'utia
12.Joe Wardle
13.Mitch Barnett

14.Sam Stone
15.Anthony Tupou
16.Pauli Pauli
17.Luke Yates

mozza91

Coach
1.Brendan Elliott
2.Nathan Ross
3.Dane Gagai
4.Pete Mata'utia
6.Brock Lamb
7.Trent Hodkinson
8.Jack Stockwell
9.Danny Levi
10.Josh Starling
11.Sione Mata'utia
12.Joe Wardle
13.Mitch Barnett

14.Sam Stone
15.Anthony Tupou
16.Pauli Pauli
17.Luke Yates
That team is literally a strong NSW Cup standard side on paper with 1 or 2 exceptions. If we can go close it'll be a great effort.