What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 7 vs Roosters @ McDonald Jones Stadium

Who will win? Round 7: Knights v Roosters

• Newcastle Knights 13+

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle Knights 1-12

• Draw after Golden Point

• Sydney Roosters 1-12

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Apey

Staff member
Lamb is in a difficult position. He should be in u20s/NSW Cup but instead he's taking on an absurd amount of responsibility relative to his current abilities, thanks to the Mullen saga. Not just Mullen, he of course also has a pot plant as halves partner. He has been okay in patches but at the moment he's way too average for the position he's been put in. Jeez it'd be nice for us to produce someone half as good as Nathan Cleary eh?

I think the only way Hodkinson could do any less is if he started missing all his conversions.

Pedge1971

First Grade
Lamb is in a difficult position. He should be in u20s/NSW Cup but instead he's taking on an absurd amount of responsibility relative to his current abilities, thanks to the Mullen saga. Not just Mullen, he of course also has a pot plant as halves partner. He has been okay in patches but at the moment he's way too average for the position he's been put in. Jeez it'd be nice for us to produce someone half as good as Nathan Cleary eh?

I think the only way Hodkinson could do any less is if he started missing all his conversions.

Do u really think Cleary in the same position as Lamb would be doing what he is now?

Lamb was bloody good today and he missed a few but he is no longer a turnstile, he puts his body on the line and made some tough 1:1s today.

I think his general game management can improve with a better spine taking pressure off him.

Hardcore_Fan

Juniors
You know we are cursed when hodkinson needs stem cells injected into his knees to be able to walk and literally never looks like picking up an injury and then you have a guy like kostjaysn getting a career ending throat injury at training and buhrer getting an 8 week foot injury at training.

Knight76

Juniors
I just hope the poor guy is f**king ok mate. Footy takes a back seat.

I really feel sorry for Rory. He took the step to leave the cows and head on to a new challenge. Comes to a struggling club only to cop an elbow in the throat in training and now possibly, never talk properly again, and never breath properly again.

He must be in a world of hurt mentally along with his family.

Glendale

Juniors
The more it goes on the more I think missing out on Jack Bird could be the best thing that's happened to us. We need an organising half with a kicking game.

On another note what a good signing Sio has been. Everything we needed in a winger.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
I know the mood around here is pretty sour at the moment (and with good reason) but I just want to point out a couple of positives from last night.

- The boys are trying their guts out, we're at least getting our money's worth from that perspective.

- The crowd last night was unreal, getting 21k+ to watch a team with just one win on the board is phenomenal in this day and age. I went last night because I believe in turning up and supporting the team through thick and thin and it looks like 21,000 others feel the same way. Absolutely commendable effort from the fans!

- Our outside backs are looking really solid. The wingers were taking some pretty difficult bombs and were making great metres bringing the ball out of our own end. And our centres are looking good as well, the try that Dane set up was a beauty and Pete is going pretty good too I think, running and tackling hard.

- The enthusiasm in the kick chase is pretty good, we put the roosters under a heap of pressure early on in the sets and if the kicks had been better we may have come up with a few repeat sets.

It feels like slim pickings trying to find positives at times but at least there were a few elements of good stuff there last night.

Hardcore_Fan

Juniors
Our crowds are great.

If we are a top 8 team we get 21k every week. If we are a top 4 team we would average high 20s with numerous 33k
Sellouts I'd say.

Glendale

Juniors
All our backs last night made over 100m. Sio and Ross 200+ and Gagai 150+. Only one forward, Sione, cracked the ton. That's the difference. You've got to believe with some actual props and actual halves, this team will be winning games.

Hardcore_Fan

Juniors
Yeah I don't have any problem with our back 5 so far. Even Elliot I think has been strong and im confident that when he's on the park he will get a job done for us. He's improving each game and I'd say would be our fastest player.

perverse

Referee
Yeah I don't have any problem with our back 5 so far. Even Elliot I think has been strong and im confident that when he's on the park he will get a job done for us. He's improving each game and I'd say would be our fastest player.
Yeah, I've been immensely impressed with Elliot. He's not a gun, but he's proven to be a pretty safe pair of hands.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
Yeah, I've been immensely impressed with Elliot. He's not a gun, but he's proven to be a pretty safe pair of hands.

The thing that has surprised me the most about Elliot is he's been pretty good defensively. He has made a couple of crucial tackles in the last few weeks. Made a try saver last night after a linebreak and also chased Mbye down last week which was impressive. Also his work in cleaning up kicks has been pretty safe, he diffused a couple of dangerous grubbers last night along with a few bombs with a bit of pressure on him.

He doesn't do much on kick returns and his footwork isn't good enough to beat most defenders 1:1 but he's at least playing at his best every week which is what we need, even if his best isn't all that good. Ultimately I don't expect him to be in our top 17 next year but he's at least a serviceable replacement for any of the back 3 positions when our inevitable injury crisis happens.

Johns Magic

Referee
Yeah I've been happy with Elliott. Trying, can't put the blame on him. His first game sucked but since then he's at least held the fort.

Spot On

Coach
Must agree with you gents. Big shout out to Elliott - he has steadily improved each week. The back 5 have been f**king excellent for us. Doing the job for our forwards as well.

Latest posts