What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 8 vs Bulldogs @ ANZ Stadium

Who will win? Round 8: Wests Tigers v Bulldogs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I did the FMD thing when the run on 13 was announced but Edwards certainly through that back at me. Well done and WT Unity, yes that makes sense, if he has to be in the 17, have him start.

With Idris back, it gives the team Chee Kam a spot on the bench and .......... someone drops off.

The thing that got me more than the win was the reaction of the players and that certainly includes 'the three' in regards to the win but their interaction with their team mates. They were happy for the win for sure but gee, they looked very happy for each other, THEIR club, THEIR jersey and I wonder, their coach ?

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Brooks has had the shackles removed, playing fully fit, given control of the side and allowed to play whats in front of him more.

He will improve under Cleary. Every man and his dog, especially in the media thought he was the first player the club should have released. But even if he plays no worse than that for every game here on in, we've picked up a bargain priced halfback.

Shackles removed for sure and very happy for him.

Brooks run metres 109 v Moses 47, so he was in charge today and so he should have been.

Tackle wise, great to see the centres doing their bit, Chee-Kam 16 and Suli 13 and in the forwards, Taylor 50, Lawrence 28 & Edwards 31

Vic Mackey

Referee
Brooks has always looked better when he is running the team. He seems a quieter kid and Moses is able to dominate him in calling for the ball. Today it seemed Cleary instructed the ball to go to him more and it did wonders for his game.

Vic Mackey

Referee
I did the FMD thing when the run on 13 was announced but Edwards certainly through that back at me. Well done and WT Unity, yes that makes sense, if he has to be in the 17, have him start.

With Idris back, it gives the team Chee Kam a spot on the bench and .......... someone drops off.

The thing that got me more than the win was the reaction of the players and that certainly includes 'the three' in regards to the win but their interaction with their team mates. They were happy for the win for sure but gee, they looked very happy for each other, THEIR club, THEIR jersey and I wonder, their coach ?

Edwards does nothing with the ball but the right side defence seemed more settled with him there. May have just been that that the dogs attack is crap but for now he should keep his spot starting.

MCK definitely on the bench, I would put Liddle back to nsw cup for now. He will be our long term 9 but for now McIllwrick is our performing him and I think he could play 80.

Clifferd

Coach
Edwards does nothing with the ball but the right side defence seemed more settled with him there. May have just been that that the dogs attack is crap but for now he should keep his spot starting.

MCK definitely on the bench, I would put Liddle back to nsw cup for now. He will be our long term 9 but for now McIllwrick is our performing him and I think he could play 80.

Weird for once I actually don't mind Edwards in the team lol...

'Tis is what I hope for Cronulla

1. Tedesco
2. Nofoaluma
3. Idris
4. Suli
5. Naiqama
6. Moses
7. Brooks
8 Woods
9. Mcillwrick
10. Seumanifangu
11. Edwards
12. Lawrence (c)
13. Taylor

14. Chee Kam
15. Aloiai
16. Sue
17. Felise/Tatola (looks like Grant will be gone)

Tiger Ted

Bench
Weird for once I actually don't mind Edwards in the team lol...

'Tis is what I hope for Cronulla

1. Tedesco
2. Nofoaluma
3. Idris
4. Suli
5. Naiqama
6. Moses
7. Brooks
8 Woods
9. Mcillwrick
10. Seumanifangu
11. Edwards
12. Lawrence (c)
13. Taylor

14. Chee Kam
15. Aloiai
16. Sue
17. Felise/Tatola (looks like Grant will be gone)
If Idris is fit & Brooks can replicate y'days performance we can win this.We r due to win one @ the beloved LO.

It isn't going to happen but I'm dreaming of a win @ Leichhardt followed by Teddy announcing he's remaining with us.He is as west as they come.it would b very unbecoming for teddy to b playing for the bondi effluent !

Btw when I said it isn't going to happen I wasn't referring to not winning @ LO I was referring to teddy re-signing !

Clifferd

Coach
If Idris is fit & Brooks can replicate y'days performance we can win this.We r due to win one @ the beloved LO.

It isn't going to happen but I'm dreaming of a win @ Leichhardt followed by Teddy announcing he's remaining with us.He is as west as they come.it would b very unbecoming for teddy to b playing for the bondi effluent !

Btw when I said it isn't going to happen I wasn't referring to not winning @ LO I was referring to teddy re-signing !

It seems the confidence has changed with you ted in a more positive manner....new coach at the helm makes a ton of difference, and it's obviously paying off on the field too

Tiger05

First Grade
Cleary makes a huge difference to this side. I've always thought the squad is decent. We have some issues but they aren't massive issues.

If we could have retained the traitors and bought a player or two we could be pushing as a top team in the comp over the next couple of years.

Tiger Ted

Bench
If we are rebuilding this year, i would like to see chee kam starting in the back row.
It's a real Achilles heel for us our very inadequate depth in the 3/4's.We need to loosen the purse strings & go for a shopping spree for quality backs.

Tiger05

First Grade
If we are rebuilding this year, i would like to see chee kam starting in the back row.

I reckon we can know have a decent back row. I like Lawrence. Chee-Kam looks good. McQueen will I think do the job. You can even add Idris to that list if he doesn't regain some speed.

ET to me is a great player and gets the lock position.

I'll be honest and state that back row is not going to intimidate any teams unless Idris is there and fit and firing but Josh Jackson doesn't intimidate anyone and he is a really good player. That backrow can do the job. If we have good players elsewhere on the park we can be competitive.

Tiger05

First Grade
It's a real Achilles heel for us our very inadequate depth in the 3/4's.We need to loosen the purse strings & go for a shopping spree for quality backs.

We really need outside backs now don't we. We need another gun winger like Nofo to cart the ball up as well. These guys are like extra forwards.

Tiger Ted

Bench
It seems the confidence has changed with you ted in a more positive manner....new coach at the helm makes a ton of difference, and it's obviously paying off on the field too
Yep Cleary has unequivocally stamped his mark on the train wreck in rapid time.He ticks all the boxes & is a breath of fresh air to what has been a very sombre atmosphere at tiger town thanks to our admin & Pascoe not having the nous & balls to stand up to the insidious grub Isaac moses !

... and Geez it's good to not have to listen to the constant pathetic drivel spouted by the paranoid imbecile J Taylor !

We deserve a team to represent us with honour grit & pride after the perpetual shit we've been subjected to for so long.

There r many reasons y I'm extremely confident about our revival as a formidable force in the nrl & they all have to do with the influence of IC & for me one thing in particular that gave me enormous delight because I've been massively critical of him & that was the all round performance by Brooks y'day.This kid has been a massive disappointment but there's no doubt as he displayed y'day that he is more than capable of holding his own in the nrl.Hes an introverted humble kid who may have just needed a shrewd even-tempered mentor & highly accomplished man manager like IC to finally realise his potential.

Tiger05

First Grade
I'm laughing now thinking how bad Taylor was. f**k he was as dumb as the traitors that want their masseuse and life coach to tend to their every need.

In all seriousness I liked Potter but IC seems heaps better than him. He is handling the media well. He is getting the team performing much better than what they have and fixing on-field and I think now off-field issues as well.

I wonder how many of our problems were just due to having JT as our coach.

Ted - I also have been concerned that Brooks is an NRL level half. IC gets in and all of a sudden Brooks is leading the team around. Brooks made some mistakes and he needs to improve but he went well. I liked what IC said in the press conference as well - he said something like "that play will give him some confidence".

I've always liked Brooks. He doesn't deserve to have his reputation tarnished as being in any way associated with the traitors at our club right now.

simmo05

Bench
I reckon we can know have a decent back row. I like Lawrence. Chee-Kam looks good. McQueen will I think do the job. You can even add Idris to that list if he doesn't regain some speed.

ET to me is a great player and gets the lock position.

I'll be honest and state that back row is not going to intimidate any teams unless Idris is there and fit and firing but Josh Jackson doesn't intimidate anyone and he is a really good player. That backrow can do the job. If we have good players elsewhere on the park we can be competitive.
ET is a f**king weapon, hard as nails. They did a closeup of him before the game and his head was busted up campion style. Definitely my type of player!

Tiger05

First Grade
ET is a f**king weapon, hard as nails. They did a closeup of him before the game and his head was busted up campion style. Definitely my type of player!

This guy is a legend isn't he. He is just always putting in. He did throw the worst pass of all time yesterday. He thought he was Benji for a second and tried the flick pass. It was beyond ordinary.