What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 8 vs Bulldogs @ ANZ Stadium

Who will win? Round 8: Wests Tigers v Bulldogs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tigerm

First Grade
I'm laughing now thinking how bad Taylor was. f**k he was as dumb as the traitors that want their masseuse and life coach to tend to their every need.

In all seriousness I liked Potter but IC seems heaps better than him. He is handling the media well. He is getting the team performing much better than what they have and fixing on-field and I think now off-field issues as well.

I wonder how many of our problems were just due to having JT as our coach.

Ted - I also have been concerned that Brooks is an NRL level half. IC gets in and all of a sudden Brooks is leading the team around. Brooks made some mistakes and he needs to improve but he went well. I liked what IC said in the press conference as well - he said something like "that play will give him some confidence".

I've always liked Brooks. He doesn't deserve to have his reputation tarnished as being in any way associated with the traitors at our club right now.
I reckon it's a good coaches dream to land a gig with a basket case like we are (were) as the only direction is up, this enhances his reputation. I think this happened with Sheens, if you recall he was booted out of the Cows and landed here & then he found some good players here and the rest is history, just hope IC doesn't go the same way in the end as him though.

Last edited:

Tigerm

First Grade
This guy is a legend isn't he. He is just always putting in. He did throw the worst pass of all time yesterday. He thought he was Benji for a second and tried the flick pass. It was beyond ordinary.
Just as long as he doesn't kick on the 3rd when we are attacking;)

Tiger05

First Grade
I reckon it's a good coaches dream to land a gig with a basket case like we are (were) as the only direction is up, this enhances his reputation. I think this happened with Sheens, if you recall he was booted out of the Cows and landed here & then he found some good players here and the rest is history, just hope IC doesn't go the same way in the end as him though.

IC to me seems better than Sheens. Sheens had these Sheenius ideas all the time. In stating that we always had attacking plays and when we had the cattle we were good.

I thought it was interesting hearing I think it was ET talking and he was talking about our attack. Taylor always talked about defense but it was dumb. ET talked about attacking but not putting our defence under too much pressure.

I think Taylor just had rigid ideas but he couldn't coach what was in front of him. So our defence is shit but Taylor decided the way to improve defence was to basically have these rigid game plans that wouldn't change. Taylor had this up and in defence that wasn't working. It might be theoretically the best defence but when you have players like Nofo and Naiqama it wasn't working. Then he played the same attacking plays - sweep the ball out the back to Tedesco and hope he scores - all the time and other teams worked it out.

IC comes in and tries things and they are working. We've looked a lot better.

Tiger05

First Grade
05 its still early days. Sheens was also outstanding when he took over.

He was great. IC has been so impressive though. To me Potter was decent but probably average. Taylor was terrible. So IC is getting compared to guys that weren't good and in some ways were terrible. It makes him look better than what he is.

Tiger05

First Grade
Potter inherited a significant amount of crap and didnt get board support to fix it.
I think hes been very hard done by.

I agree with what you are stating. I think he would have done the job but for some reason he didn't get the right support.

Shredder

Juniors
Mate - whether we like it or not - Potter and JT were both scapegoats for the board.

Whether either of them could have made it is irrelevant now -

We ended up with the right coach.