What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 8 vs Eels @ ANZ Stadium

Who will win? Round 8: Eels v Wests Tigers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BuffaloRules

Coach
Well... another two point loss which is frustrating.... unlike last week though it just felt that they weren’t going to win this one..

Seems without Packer this team is not all that much...

Can’t understand why old mate Godinet started the game and gets more minutes although Liddle wasn’t great either...

Also.. want to give some love to Lawrence who hasn’t been a favourite of mine in the past... the bloke is playing above his weight this year and trying his guts out.... I do worry about him longer
term though as he is getting absolutely smashed every week...

Where to from here?

gordsy

Juniors
As well as the mistakes and Benji channeling the kicking of Mitchell Pearce in Origin I noticed that neither Liddle nor Godinet ran from dummy half much today. It's something we need to get better at.

Tiger Ted

Bench
What’s old is new again.Its back to normality at concord.Terrible ball control shit kicking game & appalling defence close to line to gift parra easy tries.

Impressive debut from Fonua.Thompson was his usual fabulous self.Also liked Grants carries.He ran with surprising vigour.

I don’t think we will ever c that incredible kicking game at brooky a few wks ago.That was certainly an aberration.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Really disappointing loss. Team has been down for a few weeks now we go to NZ with a short turn around and will likely be 5-4.

Benji was terrible, worst part was the Eels wanted it more

Should get ET and Twal back next week with hopefully Packer and Reynolds back after that

magpie4ever

First Grade
Well... another two point loss which is frustrating.... unlike last week though it just felt that they weren’t going to win this one..

Seems without Packer this team is not all that much...

Can’t understand why old mate Godinet started the game and gets more minutes although Liddle wasn’t great either...

Also.. want to give some love to Lawrence who hasn’t been a favourite of mine in the past... the bloke is playing above his weight this year and trying his guts out.... I do worry about him longer
term though as he is getting absolutely smashed every week...

Where to from here?

Yeah, that surprised me unless Liddle was carrying an injury but, if so, why was he in the 17.

Clifferd

Coach
Really disappointing loss. Team has been down for a few weeks now we go to NZ with a short turn around and will likely be 5-4.

Benji was terrible, worst part was the Eels wanted it more

Should get ET and Twal back next week with hopefully Packer and Reynolds back after that

I’m hearing Packer will make an early return next week...I fckin hope so too, we’ve been missing his presence big time...haven’t looked the same since his injury

If those 2 losses don’t fire these merkins up nothing will

Yeah I would have to agree Parra wanted it more and deserved to win regardless of a few favourable ref decisions which are compounded more when you keep turning over the ball.

Pi55ed off because of Moses but not too worried yet.

2 loses in a row but sure they can turn that around, have to remember no ‘expert’ had us winning any game in 1st 6 rounds so still in there I guess.

Yep. that was not good. Not sure what the completion rate was but I'd be surprised if it got to 70%. We need to be at 80% plus to win. The last 2 weeks the defence hasn't been committed like it was in the first 6 weeks.

On the positive side Fonua now has a wing spot to lose. He provided plenty of metres and enthusiasm getting the ball out of our half. He was much better than his replacement. He stays. Plus I love a good haircut. It's the best mullet I've seen since Eastbound and Down.

On the other wing I thought Nofoaluma was again poor. A change needs to made there. I'm not sure if we move Thommo to the wing and bring Tui back. I don't really like this but our defence hasn't been there the last 2 weeks and Nofo has.

Lawrence was awesome today. The best form of his career as a second rower by far this year. I hope you're right Clifferd and Packer is back next week. We need him bad.

In the end we were there right to the end even though we played pretty poorly. We had a hope which is still a hell of a lot better than the 50 point carve ups we're used to on the back of a performance like that.

Das Hassler

Bench
So long as it's not attitude that needs work we are ok...Grant and Sue went well i thought...both played with some sting.

Latest posts