What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 8 vs Sea Eagles @ Lottoland

Who will win? Round 8: Sea Eagles v Knights

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2018 - Round 8
Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles v Newcastle Knights
Lottoland, Brookvale (TICKETS)
Friday 27 April 2018

Gates TBC / NRL 6pm

TL-MAN18.png

1. Tom Trbojevic 2. Matthew Wright 3. Dylan Walker 4. Brian Kelly 5. Akuila Uate 6. Lachlan Croker 7. Daly Cherry-Evans 8. Addin Fonua-blake 9. Apisai Koroisau 10. Martin Taupau 11. Joel Thompson 12. Jack Gosiewski 13. Jake Trbojevic
Interchange: 14. Lewis Brown 15. Shaun Lane 16. Lloyd Perrett 17. Taniela Paseka 18. Frank Winterstein 19. Jonathan Wright 20. Tom Wright 21. Toafofoa Sipley

TL-NEW18.png

1. Kalyn Ponga 2. Ken Sio 3. Sione Mata'utia 4. Nathan Ross 5. Shaun Kenny-dowall 6. Connor Watson 7. Jack Cogger 8. Herman Ese'ese 9. Slade Griffin 10. Daniel Saifiti 11. Lachlan Fitzgibbon 12. Aidan Guerra 13. Mitchell Barnett
Interchange: 14. Jamie Buhrer 15. Chris Heighington 16. Luke Yates 17. Jacob Saifiti 18. Cory Denniss 19. Josh King 20. Brock Lamb 21. Jacob Lillyman

REF-YELLOW-1000px_1.jpg

Referees: Adam Gee, Ziggy Przeklasa-Adamski
Sideline Officials: Rickey McFarlane, Chris McMillan
Video Referees: Jared Maxwell, Bryan Norrie

Feeder team matches
SEA EAGLES (NSWRL - Blacktown Workers) & KNIGHTS (NSWRL)
FRI
North Sydney v Knights @ North Sydney Oval, Flegg 5:45pm / ISP 7:30pm
SAT
Bulldogs v Sea Eagles / BWSE @ Belmore SG, Flegg 1:15pm / ISP 3:15pm​

Last edited by a moderator:

PhilGould

Bench
Would be the most confident I've been of a win this year if Pearce was playing. Still think we're a strong chance, Manly were awful today.

Knightmare

Coach
If we were guaranteed a win I'd love to go. I remember back in '06, standing next to the beer shed with the travelling Knights fans and getting the upset win and how great it was...remains one of my best away-game memories to this day!

BUT... if they LOSE...then I'll hate myself for wasting a whole afternoon to get to that primitive, NSW-Cup-standard dump of a football ground full of drunken wankers on the hill who think that having a view of the ocean and a different postcode puts them a level above the "bogans" who support teams with home grounds you can get to by train...

Old dog

Juniors
Don't think Manly will be that bad again so we shouldn't get carried away with thinking this is a easy win, hope the coach and team aren't taking it lightly, they will regroup and come out firing, we have to be ready and prepared

mozza91

Coach
Surely we can’t go in overconfident?

It’s at Brookvale and I’m attending. We’ll either lose in heartbreaking fashion or get absolutely thumped and cop about 8 injuries. Just thinking about Brooky gives me PTSD.

macavity

Referee
Manly will spend all week eating raw meat to atone for their disgraceful performance against Parra. Teams pretty much never do that two weeks in a row, particularly given they will be playing at Brooky.

perverse

Referee
This is the worst week to play Manly. They won't want to lose to us twice - Round 1 stung them pretty hard and I think they felt they were the better team that night. After the disgraceful performance this week as well, they will be fired up big time.

I'm expecting them to give us a bit of a touch up. It's going to be interesting to see how we respond to Pearce's injury.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
Manly will smash us, this is the usual scenario where they've been plagued by controversy and a couple of bad performances to make them embarrassed so they will want to atone for it and will have a backs to the wall attitude. Then they run into us (a team notorious for playing everyone back into form) at their home ground and without our halfback and some very leaky edge defence.

I honestly don't see us even getting close in this game to be honest. Manly always seem to save their best game for when they play us at Brookvale and we usually limp back up the motorway with our tails between our legs.

Haffa

Like us they’re a different team at home. That line speed is going to be important.

Hope Watson is available.

Manly at Brooky after 2 straight floggings and no Pearce ?

We're going to be murdered.. Our only saving grace is the game is at 6pm Friday so hopefully the crowd won't be as loud lol

Glendale

Juniors
Looking forward to seeing how we deal with adversity. This team has plenty of heart and won't go away, we'll win this and keep winning. Pearce is out, everyone will need to lift 10% and others will have to step up, next man up. We're shooting for a 5-3 start, equalling our amount of wins from last year within the first 8 rounds which no one would've thought possible when the draw came out.

voltron

Juniors
why do we play teams that have lost two in a row and we are away?
sigh
not super confident

Silent Knight

First Grade
why do we play teams that have lost two in a row and we are away?
sigh
not super confident

I wish we could go back to the positive mentality we had during the Joey years. That is to say "yes the team we're facing this week has lost a couple on the trot, so we should be well placed to add to their misery by smashing them". Case in point: Souffs teams during the 90s and 00s.

The sooner we all start thinking this way the better. We have a good team, the players just need to start finding some consistency and believe in one another. The duds are gone, Chris Houston doesn't play for us anymore.

And if Manly want to play hard with us, we go back at them even harder. That's what the Chief used to do.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
I wish we could go back to the positive mentality we had during the Joey years. That is to say "yes the team we're facing this week has lost a couple on the trot, so we should be well placed to add to their misery by smashing them". Case in point: Souffs teams during the 90s and 00s.

The sooner we all start thinking this way the better. We have a good team, the players just need to start finding some consistency and believe in one another. The duds are gone, Chris Houston doesn't play for us anymore.

And if Manly want to play hard with us, we go back at them even harder. That's what the Chief used to do.
I miss the chief.

I liked the mentality the knights had when Joey was playing. However I’d back us a lot more against manly with the current team without Pearce then a previous knights team without Johns. That team was destined to lose before even getting off the bus.

Knightmare

Coach
I recall the Knights (minus Joey) beating the Broncos in a golden-point classic back in 2004 and also putting a reasonable score on the Dogs, who went on to win the Premiership that year. Knights record without Joey at the time (if I recall) was better than the Roosters minus Freddy and Tigers minus Benji...

Zoidberg

First Grade
I recall the Knights (minus Joey) beating the Broncos in a golden-point classic back in 2004 and also putting a reasonable score on the Dogs, who went on to win the Premiership that year. Knights record without Joey at the time (if I recall) was better than the Roosters minus Freddy and Tigers minus Benji...
Was that the Kidley field goal?