What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 9 vs Sharks @ Leichhardt Oval

Who will win? Round 9: Wests Tigers v Sharks

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

gordynz

Juniors
Isn't that one of the things that Nathan Brown keeps suggesting, have 18 players named but one is to be used only when a player doesn't return after failing his head injury test. Player welfare, cheap talk by the NRL.

Something does need to be done but I don't know if this is the answer. It does seem to happen frequently but the majority of concussions are accidental and the ones that are due to foul play occur very rarely. If you name an 18th man and they don't play, does that mean the don't play ISP as well, meaning no game time at all? If you were able to schedule the games in a way which this doesn't happen then I'm all for it!

We lost, but I saw decent signs for the future in that one.
No Teddy and Woods and we were still in the game.
Replace Moses with my 9 yr old son and we win that game

Shredder, I agree with signs for the future, forget that they didn't have Woods and Tedesco, what they didn't have was 2 places on the bench and that hurt. I'd even go so far as saying Grace Jones is doing a good job on the wing.

With your son, can he kick goals ? Who's his manager ?

gordynz, good point and forgot about that. Guess a true reserve grade rather than the U20's would be a start, last century the reserve had to play 1/2 a game in the reserves.

Tiger Woody

Juniors
Shredder, I agree with signs for the future, forget that they didn't have Woods and Tedesco, what they didn't have was 2 places on the bench and that hurt. I'd even go so far as saying Grace Jones is doing a good job on the wing.

Grace is playing better i agree....making good yards....
Brookes is killing it lately
But....we cant close out a game can we......had enough chances on their line
And our edges are still poor.....we need to buy some good tacklers out wide

Tiger Ted

Bench
We lost, but I saw decent signs for the future in that one.
No Teddy and Woods and we were still in the game.
Replace Moses with my 9 yr old son and we win that game.
Had nofa been fit enough to go to fullback to replace teddy we would've won.

Great effort by the boys with the exception of the toxic prick moses.

Das Hassler

Bench
Great effort against the odds....Kev was terrific.
On a different note. ...too bad for Gallen's opponents in the ring that he doesn't wear a shirt while fighting..tugging on it with your little finger would drop him like a sack of spuds...cant do it by repeatedly punching him in the head or body but that seems to do the trick

Tiger05

First Grade
We need to keep Kev. He is a solid performer. I accept his defence is poor but when he is inside Nofo and outside Moses he is really up against it.

Kev though is definitely a keeper even as a depth signing.

magpie guy

Juniors
We need to keep Kev. He is a solid performer. I accept his defence is poor but when he is inside Nofo and outside Moses he is really up against it.

Kev though is definitely a keeper even as a depth signing.

Kev is a depth signing and that is it. He was quite poor at fullback and at least one try against us was directly due to his lack of positional play. He also refused to pass to his left in any of the backline plays at the end there.
I can't fault him too much however as he has not trained at fullback and Nofo couldn't go there due to obviously carrying an injury.
The big shame was that moving Suli out to the wing took him out of the game completely. I think moving Suli to FB was definitely an option there.

The end of that game really wasn't "What it will be like without Woods and Teddy". The forwards stood up well despite having to play big minutes. One extra prop on the rotation and we would have been able to cover the lack of Woods without too much hassle. Having your fullback taken out in the first half would greatly affect any team no matter who they were. Teddy will need to be replaced but that replacement will certainly not be Naqiama or Nofo playing on one leg.

Other than that, Moses really killed us. His kicking was poorer than usual and his last tackle option terrible. Brooks has really stepped up as a much better half since resigning.

Shredder

Juniors

Hahahaa -

Hes actually OK with the boot - spent a few years playing AFL.

I manage the boy - hes 15% can be put towards the "wating us out of house and home" he does. And nowhere in my name does it say Moses

;)

Shredder

Juniors
I would feel more comfortable with Kev and Rancid both not being in our top 30.

There should be zero risk they will be picked next year.

Kev is an open space player - which would have been great in 05. Unfortunately, this is a new club and team, where defence seems to be the main focus (for once!).

Hes just incapable.

Tiger Woody

Juniors
I would feel more comfortable with Kev and Rancid both not being in our top 30.

There should be zero risk they will be picked next year.

Kev is an open space player - which would have been great in 05. Unfortunately, this is a new club and team, where defence seems to be the main focus (for once!).

Hes just incapable.

We could probably get away with keeping Rancid,but no to Kev from me.
ONLY in an emergency should we use Rancid.

simmo05

Bench
As long as kev is on the wing i can cop him. I cant understand why chee kam is in the centres while lawrence is in the backrow. We have some nice backrowers, edge defence is our weak spot. What is everyones opinion, could we fix one edge by playing lawrence at centre again?

Tiger Woody

Juniors
As long as kev is on the wing i can cop him. I cant understand why chee kam is in the centres while lawrence is in the backrow. We have some nice backrowers, edge defence is our weak spot. What is everyones opinion, could we fix one edge by playing lawrence at centre again?

Simmo,i think the edges wont be fixed in 2017.
But gee it better be fixed by the start of 2018 or we are once again cannon fodder both sides.
Sharks cut us to pieces early in last nights game....
We would have to be the worst team for letting in tries on our edges...
But St.george copped a real shock today early on,Storm wingers scoring at will.
WHY did we let Adda Conda Carr go...Someone please explain