Match Discussion: Round 9 vs Warriors @ Mt Smart Stadium

Discussion in 'Wests Tigers' started by LeagueUnlimited News, Apr 29, 2018.

?

Who will win? Round 9: Warriors v Wests Tigers

Poll closed May 5, 2018.
  1. Warriors 13+

42.9%
  2. Warriors 1-12

28.6%
  3. Draw after Golden Point

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Wests Tigers 1-12

14.3%
  5. Wests Tigers 13+

14.3%
  1. simmo05

simmo05 Juniors

He should have been binned for sure

2. Vic Mackey

Vic Mackey Coach

Watched the replay. I didn’t think it was as bad as everyone is making out. It was one of those games where everything went against us.

Losing your captain and important player in the first 5 mins. Sue off for HIA 10 mins later

Nofa sin bin was fine, the ET one was ridiculous and effectively lost the game for us. Especially when an offside player tackled ET as he was about to score yet stayed on the field.

Benji needs to go to the bench or even nsw cup. He was disastrous last night. That kick on the first tackle when it was 10-4 was horrible. Reynolds straight into 6 for mine.

We played a full strength genuine top 4 team who had a 10 day turn around compared to our 6 day and travel. We were missing 3 of our best players and are in a bit of a rut.

Packer, Reynolds and Liddle are all meant to be back next week, Lawrence is our only injury worry and his is only a week.

5-4 is still a great start for us and guess what, in the last 15 games we have 13 in Sydney and none out of nsw. We’ll be uneffected by origin. It’s a good draw.

We’re still ahead of where everybody thought we’d be.

3. Tigerm

Tigerm Juniors

[​IMG]
    Sooky la la

Clifferd likes this.
  4. Old Time Tiger

Old Time Tiger Juniors

I watched the game this morning and I must say Vic, I agree with your comments 100%.

I think the Tigers lost plenty when ET was binned and more so when a 'good leader' should have taken control of 'his' team. Benji didn't do that. I spoke to a mate earlier in season who has always had his doubt about Benji even at his best, plenty of 'league types' talked him up when you'd think he wasn't that good today and yesterday was like that. I think we were lucky at the start of the season having him when Reynolds was hurt but gee, I'd have Reynolds before Benji and let Brooks run the show,

Liddle has to be there with the aim of playing 80 minutes and if he's out, McIlwrick as the 80 minutes player.

Yes but we may be effected by the iinternationals and even though it's only 1 game what we don't want or need is for anyone to get hurt.,

Next Thursday at the 'spiritual home' is a big one, why can't it be Sunday arvo with a packed house?

Tiger Ted and Vic Mackey like this.
  5. Old Time Tiger

Old Time Tiger Juniors

Umm wittyfan,

You know the nearer your destination
    The more you're slip slidin' away

6. Clifferd

Clifferd Coach

Agreed mate

Absolutely nothing went our way at all, topped off with Marshall having an absolute stinker

With all that being said, the ET sin bin f**ked us hard

Vic Mackey likes this.
  7. wittyfan

wittyfan Referee

It's called genuine emotion!

8. Das Hassler

Das Hassler Juniors

Benji has always had a sort of long season ADD...as ive said previously he needs his mr fixit mini challenges. He earned the No. 6 position but now he'll need to earn it back again. Whatever transpires Reynolds wont be fully match fit for awhile so giving him the first 50 or 60 with a pissed off at himself benji to close it out should work better till Reynolds is fully tuned up....maybe even try Benji at the back with Thompson in place of Nofo if his form warrants him being out there ?
    Not that i think he'd do a better job than Thompson

9. super_coach

super_coach Bench

We have zero speed right across our roster and we have zero power outside Packer. To put it bluntly we have a lot of plodders, but they are playing with ticker. I really think we are in for a long few months.

Every team are getting crap calls, but some have the strike power to get over it. Outside Brooks and maybe Thompson we do not have a player capable of out running the opposition

Tiger Ted likes this.
  10. benched tiger

benched tiger Juniors

Due to our lack of strike power we really need to play smart,and have a high completion rate backed by a good kicking game if we are to compete,otherwise we will struggle to win and even more so if we get f##ked over by the ref like last weekend .

11. Tigerm

Tigerm Juniors

Just seen the Warriors Vs Roosters result. Looks like we wore the poor buggers out last week with all their scoring against us:D

Clifferd likes this.
  12. Clifferd

Clifferd Coach

Why couldn’t the warriors play like that against us lol