What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match review committee Charges

getsmarty

Immortal
lawrieb-180526-gp-05.jpg

JUDICIARY

Lawrie charged by the NRL Match Review Committee
Author
Dragons.com.au dragons.com.au
Timestamp
Sun 27 May 2018, 03:15 PM

St George Illawarra prop Blake Lawrie has copped a grade one dangerous contact – other charge by the NRL Match Review Committee following the Dragons' loss to the Panthers on Saturday night.

Lawrie's hit on a kicking James Maloney midway through the second half has seen him pick up 75 demerit points.

The Dapto Canaries junior won't miss any football with an early guilty plea.

https://www.dragons.com.au/news/2018/05/27/lawrie-charged-by-the-nrl-match-review-committee/

Frank Facer

First Grade
lawrieb-180526-gp-05.jpg

JUDICIARY

Lawrie charged by the NRL Match Review Committee
Author
Dragons.com.au dragons.com.au
Timestamp
Sun 27 May 2018, 03:15 PM

St George Illawarra prop Blake Lawrie has copped a grade one dangerous contact – other charge by the NRL Match Review Committee following the Dragons' loss to the Panthers on Saturday night.

Lawrie's hit on a kicking James Maloney midway through the second half has seen him pick up 75 demerit points.

The Dapto Canaries junior won't miss any football with an early guilty plea.

https://www.dragons.com.au/news/2018/05/27/lawrie-charged-by-the-nrl-match-review-committee/
I didn't even think it warranted a penalty.

Lovemedragons

Juniors
Maybe I need to look at that again, I missed the elbow and head butt the first time I saw it.FFS the match review committee always seem to pick on the no names meanwhile 'lead with the head' Napa plays SOO.

blacksafake

First Grade
I thought he got him around the waist not the legs.Hell i've seen Widdop cop worse so far this year.
What about the guy who whacked Nighty around the melon?

getsmarty

Immortal
seleh-180325700.jpg

DRAGONS

Sele charged by Match Review Committee
Author
NRL.com
Timestamp
Fri 6 Jul 2018, 11:56 AM

Dragons forward Hame Sele has been charged with a dangerous throw by the NRL Match Review Committee.

Sele's 29th-minute challenge on Storm winger Young Tonumaipea attracted a grade one charge, which carries 100 demerit points.

Sele has no prior offences or loading and can avoid a ban with an early plea but faces a week out with an unsuccessful challenge.

Player Hame Sele
Club Dragons
Time Minute of Match 29th minute
Charge / Incident Dangerous throw
Charge Grade 1
7yrs Incident free for discount No
Base Penalty for Charge 100
Penalty Points: Early Plea 75
Penalty Points: Guilty 100
Prior Non-similar Offences in last 2 years (50% loading) 0
Prior Non-similar Offences in last 2 years (20% loading) 0
Carry-over Points to be added 0
Misconduct on Whom? Young Tonumaipea

https://www.dragons.com.au/news/2018/07/06/sele-charged-by-match-review-committee/

Gareth67

First Grade
Bluudy refs could had pulled over any number of Melbourne players , more so in their gang tackles , forever stifiling the Dragons attack . No team has any quick play the balls against the Storm , none . They are in my most humble opinion the cesspool of indecent football , if they ever played the game of rugby league in the true spirit they would lose more then they would win .

As for Sele there was nothing wrong with the tackle - that i could see .

Bluudy refs could had pulled over any number of Melbourne players , more so in their gang tackles , forever stifiling the Dragons attack . No team has any quick play the balls against the Storm , none . They are in my most humble opinion the cesspool of indecent football , if they ever played the game of rugby league in the true spirit they would lose more then they would win .

As for Sele there was nothing wrong with the tackle - that i could see .
How many times did Smith come in as third tackler below the knees?

blacksafake

First Grade
If this is for the high shot, First contact was with the ball & then his arm slipped up. Is this grounds for an appeal with it IMO being accidental, not dangerous.
He was also charged for the "very grey area" hip drop but I haven't seen it & fox didn't bother looking for it for a replay.
Having said that our success rate on fighting the charges are zilch.

Jeremy Dragon

Juniors
If this is for the high shot, First contact was with the ball & then his arm slipped up. Is this grounds for an appeal with it IMO being accidental, not dangerous.
He was also charged for the "very grey area" hip drop but I haven't seen it & fox didn't bother looking for it for a replay.
Having said that our success rate on fighting the charges are zilch.
This must be it

Gareth67

First Grade
Honestly I just wish the hell they would use the same level with all teams . It infuriates me to think of the crap that has been dished out to the Dragons this season by the judiciary.

J.W.Hargraves hit a opposition player to the head with his forearm only last week , the player was visibly shaken by the ‘ hit ‘ and would you believe not one word was said about it by the 9 commentators , why ? That so called ‘enforcer ‘ has gotten away with blue bluudy murder time and time again .

If Fuimanano is indeed guilty of the charge ( and I be damned if I can see how ? ) then penalize him by all means , but the judiciary MUST do exactly the same with EACH player from EACH club .

Some teams are untouchable , whereas the strugglers are fair game for the most minor of indiscretions .

A-holes ! 😡

Last edited:

SnowDragon

Juniors
Honestly I just wish the hell they would use the same level with all teams . It infuriates me to think of the crap that has been dished out to the Dragons this season by the judiciary.

J.W.Hargraves hit a opposition player to the head with his forearm only last week , the player was visibly shaken by the ‘ hit ‘ and would you believe not one word was said about it by the 9 commentators , why ? That so called ‘enforcer ‘ has gotten away with blue bluudy murder time and time again .

If Fuimanano is indeed guilty of the charge ( and I be damned if I can see how ? ) then penalize him by all means , but the judiciary MUST do exactly the same with EACH player from EACH club .

Some teams are untouchable , whereas the strugglers are fair game for the most minor of indiscretions .

A-holes ! 😡

its ridiculous. I’ve trouble enjoying games these days. I keep asking myself (or anyone stupid enough to be close at the time) why the hell some players are penalised and others aren’t. Takes the focus and enjoyment away

epDragon62

First Grade
Lets see if Talakai gets charged for the shoulder charge in tonights game v Manly.
Again, commentators gasped at what a hard tackle it was but not a suggestion of the shoulder charge that it was.
Poor Ravs targeted for wearing the redV.
I'm glad you posted this as I noted the Talakai tackle as well and can not see how it gets no mention whereas Rava's beautiful hip height table warrants any suspension.

I don't know if we are targeted or if we are considered push overs but we certainly are not coming off well in the justice stakes...