What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Matt Dufty re-signs until end of 2019

Dragon Revival

Juniors
You are probably right as I used Wikepedia which may not have been updated. Dufty has been the deciding factor in many of our close won games. Hopefully he will stay clear of injury. Ponga is a good player but is paid a lot and needs to justify his value.

Life's Good

Coach
Dufty has scored 11 tries in 23 games at a rate of 1 try every 2 games while Ponga has scored 8 tries in 25 games at a rate of 1 try every 3 games. Enough said!

That's more to do with the teams. Along with Pearce, Ponga carries more of an attacking workload as opposed to the traditional finishing(he plays like a half). Dufty, is just working real well as another part of quite a bit of attack with us.

As the astute posters on here say why compare, just enjoy 2 talented FB's amongst a very good group of them(heck, I like the way Michael Gordon plays for the Titans).

giboz71

First Grade
Ponga is leading line break assists in the comp and maybe top 5 try assists.

Yup.

Line break and try assists, plus speed and try scoring ability (the ability to loom up in support when a break is made).

That’s the modern day fullback. Slater has changed the position forever and guys like Ponga and Dufty will carry the torch into the future.

Why I kept banging on for years to remove Dugan from fullback as he had very few of those qualities.

Saintsified

Bench
DR, Frank has given you a detailed response that I agree with but you don’t need the detail. It is blatantly obvious that Ponga is a freak of a player who will make any team better because he is so good across the park. Replace Dufty with Ponga in our team and we would be significantly better.

Dufty is fantastic, Ponga is just better
So we would go from first to first?

giboz71

First Grade
It’s intresting hearing some opinions about Ponga’s entry into Origin 2.

Some have suggested this stuffed up Qld’s structures and limited the effectiveness of Slater, Munster and Hunt. Qld only scored 4 points when Ponga was on. That’s because the focal point of their attack went to him instead of the other guys.

I’d love to have Ponga as well, but Dufty fits in nicely with Hunt and Widdop at the moment.

Chemistry is just as important as the individuals and we’re slowly finding ours. Not even the Roosters have worked this out yet with all their superstars.

getsmarty

Immortal
He’s right though, if we replaced Dufty with Ponga, McGinness with Cameron Smith, Graham with Klemmer, Aitken with Mitchell, Lafai with Roberts, Mann with Ado Carr, Nene with Tom T and Hunt with 2015 Thurston we’d have a pretty good team.

Sounds like the Roosters...LOL

Overseas dragon

Juniors
He’s right though, if we replaced Dufty with Ponga, McGinness with Cameron Smith, Graham with Klemmer, Aitken with Mitchell, Lafai with Roberts, Mann with Ado Carr, Nene with Tom T and Hunt with 2015 Thurston we’d have a pretty good team.
Obviously the salary cap about 15 million where's Nick politis when you need him

epDragon62

First Grade
So we would go from first to first?
What a pathetic comment.

You don’t think a team coming first could be better? You don’t actually believe that Ponga would improve us, fine but don’t try to ridicule others with such stupid logic.

Saintsified

Bench
What a pathetic comment.

You don’t think a team coming first could be better? You don’t actually believe that Ponga would improve us, fine but don’t try to ridicule others with such stupid logic.
Just like I think Dufty would better Knights.

Latest posts