What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Matt Moylan proved he is a half.

simmo05

Bench
For sure. He looks to be a gun half, which alot of people on this forum have known for a long time. Why is it a first grade coach cant see but the average punter can?

Life's Good

Coach
For sure. He looks to be a gun half, which alot of people on this forum have known for a long time. Why is it a first grade coach cant see but the average punter can?
This is where the game fcks itself. Coaches look at stats and are probably hellbent in believing that if it isn't working it will eventually & you get this whole BS about structures, processes etc.. FFS they are footballers so take off the blinkers & let them play.

Doomednow

Bench
People talk about the player talent pool being a bit shallow but the real problem is we don't have anywhere near enough decent coaches. Quite a few dropkicks lucky enough to get a gig and then coasting along on just having been a coach already one time. Absolutely stupid decisions and persistence with them.

gitano

Juniors
Moylan showed the most effective way of playing off momentum. He played so direct at the end there. He looks stronger this year.

OldPanther

Coach
I'd be genuinely curious to hear what Loz thinks. He specifically asked to see him play as a 5/8 for CvC and he got his wish, just a few weeks late. Especially taking a game under pressure like that says a lot about a player.

POPEYE

Coach
I'd be genuinely curious to hear what Loz thinks. He specifically asked to see him play as a 5/8 for CvC and he got his wish, just a few weeks late. Especially taking a game under pressure like that says a lot about a player.
Moylan could be like a better lolly at the bottom of the jar, you think Loz mightn't be able to resist . . . bad move changing hands when the vinegar stroke is near

OldPanther

Coach
Moylan could be like a better lolly at the bottom of the jar, you think Loz mightn't be able to resist . . . bad move changing hands when the vinegar stroke is near

?

If you mean changing drom the success of game , I don't want that. They need to learn to stick with the good.

POPEYE

Coach
?

If you mean changing drom the success of game , I don't want that. They need to learn to stick with the good.
Exactly, Qld is the one who needs to rock the boat, the crew of Good Ship NSW need to do no more than strengthen resolve. Unfortunately, which is why I jumped overboard, NSW don't always think clearly

Blues Riff

Bench
Haha Pop, Ships and lolly jars.
OK, metaphorically speaking, Matt's the floaty ring on the deck or the little packet of stuff in the jar that stops the contents becoming a useless lump.

betcats

Referee
Moylan still has plenty to work on as a half but he has always had the knack for putting players through the line and creating linebreaks and now has developed a decent running game, if he can improve his game management and kicking he is going to very good as a half. It's exciting as Penrith fan to see finally and still mind boggling that it took so long.

OldPanther

Coach
Moylan still has plenty to work on as a half but he has always had the knack for putting players through the line and creating linebreaks and now has developed a decent running game, if he can improve his game management and kicking he is going to very good as a half. It's exciting as Penrith fan to see finally and still mind boggling that it took so long.

Yeah this is just about perfectly said. I hope Brandy working with them is a long term thing. Given time to develop I'm really happy with our spine in general and how good Moylan is up in the line permanently.