What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Matt Nable

manly40gimps0

Juniors
Anyone remember him playing for the eagles?
He's currently in the latest series of East West 101.

It would seem that Matt Nable has literally just burst on to the scene as an extremely talented actor and screenwriter, but in fact he has been writing for over 10 years on different projects, freelancing and developing The Final Winter, his first screenplay which received critical acclaim at major film festivals in Australia and has been distributed by Paramount Pictures, earning him a nomination as Best Australian New Comer in the 2008 Movie Extra FilmInk Awards.

He has recently completed working on The Killer Elite, a feature directed by Gary McKendry shot in Australia and Wales. Matt worked alongside a star studded cast; Jason Statham, Clive Owen, Robert De Niro and Yvonne Strahovski and this highly anticipated film is set for release in 2011. Matt also completed an Australian feature this year, Mei Mei and starred alongside Guy Pierce and Claudia Karvan.

East West 101 is Matt’s first Australian television production. His debut novel We Don’t Live Here Anymore was released last year, with his second book set for release next year.

“I am thrilled to be joining this highly acclaimed drama and brilliant cast. I have great respect for the producers and crew, and have been a fan of the show for some time. The messages of the production are relevant for all Australians. Everyone involved has been so welcoming. I'm a big fan of the show and fought hard to get on it. Once I learned I had the role, I kind of panicked. I struggled with the mentality of a soldier in such a volatile zone as Iraq.”

“Travis is a confident man, though not without his demons. His life is not what most call stable. He's a bloke who's constantly looking in his rear vision mirror, it's as though he can't enjoy a moment without catching a glimpse of his past.”

site_45_rand_25048103_110407_ew101cast_matt_nable.jpg

http://www.sbs.com.au/shows/eastwest101/cast/detail/id/911

Jado

Juniors
I grew up with him; same school, same jnr league team. As a jnr he was a freak, often we would win 80-0 against a weaker side and Matt would score 50 himself. From a young age to 18 he was considered to be the best potential young player in the area, winning award after award but he never broke through into adult football stardom. There were dozens of talent scouts surprised he did not go all the way. I remember in our jnr district rep games he would run rings around a young Brad Fittler (although Brad ran some of his own rings around the rest of us!).

Matt's father Dave Nable was the Manly Trainer for a whole lot of years (mainly 90's) working for Bob Fulton and other coaches. Dave was also the Australian Representative side trainer. He was ex army and a very potent boxer; he was the man responsible for the fitness of Manly's great side during the 90's.

Although Matt never really made it in first grade; he was always considered a local hero in the league circles for being such a performer for so many of those jnr years.

To see him break through in film and film making was a surprise, but then again, for someone so remarkably talented for all of his life it is not that surprising at all.

2007 he made a film about rugby league in the 80's called "The final winter" in which he received a good deal of critical acclaim but the commercial/popular success did follow. He was recognised though for his story telling ability and acting.

Hope he goes from strength to strength.

ceagle

Bench
I grew up with him; same school, same jnr league team. As a jnr he was a freak, often we would win 80-0 against a weaker side and Matt would score 50 himself. From a young age to 18 he was considered to be the best potential young player in the area, winning award after award but he never broke through into adult football stardom. There were dozens of talent scouts surprised he did not go all the way. I remember in our jnr district rep games he would run rings around a young Brad Fittler (although Brad ran some of his own rings around the rest of us!).

Matt's father Dave Nable was the Manly Trainer for a whole lot of years (mainly 90's) working for Bob Fulton and other coaches. Dave was also the Australian Representative side trainer. He was ex army and a very potent boxer; he was the man responsible for the fitness of Manly's great side during the 90's.

Although Matt never really made it in first grade; he was always considered a local hero in the league circles for being such a performer for so many of those jnr years.

To see him break through in film and film making was a surprise, but then again, for someone so remarkably talented for all of his life it is not that surprising at all.

2007 he made a film about rugby league in the 80's called "The final winter" in which he received a good deal of critical acclaim but the commercial/popular success did follow. He was recognised though for his story telling ability and acting.

Hmm

Jado

Juniors
you mean this?

To see him break through in film and film making was a surprise, but then again, for someone so remarkably talented for all of his life it is not that surprising at all

I though this thread was about Matt.......not about my explained contradiction?

In any case.......I remember him.....obviously more than most. Hope he goes well; can't say i remember anyone else from league who has done what he is doing (serious acting, screenplay writing, film making)

Can you? /:

boo_boo

Juniors

I'm a huge fan of the Final Winter & it is an excellent film.
When it was released i went to see it at the Dendy Theatre in Newtown & i loved that era of the game (early 80's) that was portrayed in the film & the soundtrack used (Angels, Richard Clapton, Radiators etc) was from my era as well.