What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Matthew Elliott Disappreciation Society

When will he go?

• He'll be shafted by the halfway mark to the season.

Votes: 15 26.3%
  • He'll see out the season but not re-signed.

Votes: 12 21.1%
  • He'll be re-signed for 3 years by Mick Leary in July.

Votes: 23 40.4%
  • I don't care, I'm just stoked he's no longer at Canberra!

Votes: 7 12.3%

• Total voters

meek

Juniors
Think the signs where there tho in the last game or so - Elliott of old was on his way back - simply one of the worst coachs ever - Warriors only got themselves to blame for signing him - hopefully now his coaching days are over...
Was just waiting for the hanging tie episode -
feel a little sorry for him - but he should Know by now he cant coach and not put himself in these situations -
Matt time for a career change buddy

soc123_au

Staff member
I think he has been a bit hard done by in this case. Hopefully he gets a gig on fox or something. I would watch a NRL 360 type deal with him hosting.

meek

Juniors
Thank god Learys not still around or we may be looking at resigning Elliot from the Warriors on a massive contract for the next 10 years -
So big that we couldnt afford any players just Elliots contract - real Leary style

Panther Pete

Juniors
I think he has been a bit hard done by in this case. Hopefully he gets a gig on fox or something. I would watch a NRL 360 type deal with him hosting.

After he got moved on from us he appeared on the FOX footy show and spoke very well and at the time I thought he should be able to pick up a media job.

Last edited:

betcats

Referee
The warriors are a shambles. I agree Matty might be hard done by hear but sounds like he never had the full support of the players.

Abacus

Juniors
Thank god Learys not still around or we may be looking at resigning Elliot from the Warriors on a massive contract for the next 10 years -
So big that we couldnt afford any players just Elliots contract - real Leary style

Leary might have made mistakes on players contracts but it was the board that kept ME at the club beyond 2008. Its well known Leary didn't rate ME.

Kudos to the Warriors board - it only took them a bit over a year what it took the Panthers over 4 years to realise.

Kilkenny

Coach
The warriors are a shambles. I agree Matty might be hard done by hear but sounds like he never had the full support of the players.

ME definitely hard done by. Some of the Warriors playing group need a rocket in my opinion.

shiznit

Coach
Leary might have made mistakes on players contracts but it was the board that kept ME at the club beyond 2008. Its well known Leary didn't rate ME.

Kudos to the Warriors board - it only took them a bit over a year what it took the Panthers over 4 years to realise.
Lol... Not the board.

More like the owner...

That's one positive about private ownership... They can bypass any board and make a quick kill if necessary.

ME isn't the only one either... Scurrah's(CEO) place is pretty much untenable considering he was the one who didn't want to resign Cleary... It caused the football manager John Hart to quit.

He was pretty much Cleary's mentor.

Kilkenny

Coach
Matty Elliot deserves tremendous credit for putting the interests of the club in front of his own. Sort of fellow he is. Yes he is a target for criticism but I always felt he had the interests of the club (including ours) at heart. In resigning and not standing in the way of what was happening at the Warriors is to his credit in my opinion. Again I feel sorry for the bloke in what will be his last coaching gig in the NRL.

Pomoz

Bench

Can't really argue with that!

roofromoz

First Grade
2/5 isnt even that horrible for such an early sacking. He did worse with us then he has the Warriors IMO.

Funnily enough, it took about 2/5ths of the number of matches that he had at the Panthers before the Warriors and the supercoach parted ways.

Top bloke, shit coach. Will probably land a career somewhere in the media - he seems like a natural in that arena, and has a lot to offer.