What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mayweather Vs McGregor

RazorRam0n

Juniors
to put it simply conjob couldn't stop diaz in 2 attempts already, and diaz gets regularly toweled by his boxing training partners eg andre ward. he got so badly outboxed the first time he dove for an ankle

Floyd is another level defensively. it's a punchers chance, but in context he hasn't done it twice already against weaker opposition.

shiznit

Coach
This is a fan made trailer for the fight...

Probably one of the best fan made fight trailers I've ever seen....

shiznit

Coach
My favourite line in that trailer is Conor's... "let's go have us a proper knock. But under specific rules to keep you alive...." :joy::joy:

Jono078

Referee
God damn that gets me pumped. CANNOT wait for it!

Heck, when is the first press conference happening!?

Tommy Smith

Referee
I'm not pumped for the fight because I know it'll be a massive letdown; borderline embarrassing and awkward to watch even.

It's essentially a match up between an amateur boxer and the greatest defensive boxer of all time.

It'll be painful to watch.

Miracles do happen in sport but I certainly won't go into the fight expecting one.

Frankus

Juniors
Conor's chin has been tested with 4 ounce gloves...

Floyd ain't going to hurt him with 10 ounce ones...
I'd have to disagree. A 10oz glove is generating more force than a 4oz glove. It might stop superficial cuts, etc compared to the near bare knuckle MMA gloves. Plus the hand wraps in boxing are far more intense. Gloves protect hands not faces. Just my opinion anyway.

Frankus

Juniors
to put it simply conjob couldn't stop diaz in 2 attempts already, and diaz gets regularly toweled by his boxing training partners eg andre ward. he got so badly outboxed the first time he dove for an ankle

Floyd is another level defensively. it's a punchers chance, but in context he hasn't done it twice already against weaker opposition.
Yep, watch the video of McGregor fighting C level journeyman Chris Van Heerden who is toying with McGregor in sparring.

Everyone has a punchers chance but you would think in 49 fights one of the dozen ELITE level fighters he has faced would have buzzed Mayweather and sent him down. Hasn't happened and can't see it happening in this fight. Money won't embarrass him though, it would be bad for business. If he wanted to it would be KO1.

This is a joke of a fight. Some McGregor fans think he has a chance. The magnitude of this mismatch won't dawn on them until Buffer starts his introductions...

In the red corner, coming out of retirement with a perfect record of 49-0, the former P4P#1, the former super featherweight, lightweight, light welterweight, welterweight, and light middleweight champion, widely regarded as the best boxer of the past 20 years..."

followed by

"And in the blue corner, making his professional debut..."

shiznit

Coach
The only chance Conor has is if he stays like an MMA fighter.

He needs to try and stay away from being a boxer... Mayweather has seen anything and everything boxing has thrown at him. He can deal with boxers in his sleep.

Maidana probably surprised Mayweather a little because his style was very different to what Mayweather normally deals with... but eventually Mayweather figured him out and cakewalked in the 2nd fight.

It's gonna sounds nuts but I think Conor needs to keep things that you would normally not need in a boxing fight... the squareish stance he has which helps him defend the takedown.. it makes him an easier target to hit... but he throws serious power from such different angles it might throw Mayweather off early on.

Eventually though Mayweather will adjust and cruise...

Even the Maidana comparison is reaching though... Maidana went forward and dictated the fight by pressing Mayweather and throwing awkward shots... Conor is a counterpuncher... a f**king vicious one at that with a left hand which puts motherf**kers to sleep.

But it's not a style conducive to beating Mayweather.

Frankus

Juniors
He needs to try and stay away from being a boxer...

Even the Maidana comparison is reaching though... Maidana went forward and dictated the fight by pressing Mayweather and throwing awkward shots... Conor is a counterpuncher... a f**king vicious one at that with a left hand which puts motherf**kers to sleep.

But it's not a style conducive to beating Mayweather.
He will have no problems with that because he is a horrible boxer.

Maidana is a good pressure fighter but you'd need to be at Roberto Duran's level to beat Mayweather. But even he had problems fighting amazing defensive fighters, most notably Wilfred Benitez (albeit he was past prime) losing a clear decision.

JMM is one of the greatest counterpunches of the last 20 years and as you said, not a strategy to beat Floyd.

I really see no way at all that this fight goes anyway other than Mayweather winning a wide decision (120-108) or an early KO.

McGregor gets soundly beaten by any top 50 contender from 147-154 in boxing let alone Mayweather.

OVP

Coach
Would rather see Conor fight against someone who will slug it out with him, like GGG. Now that would be entertaining. Weight a problem though.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
Conor vs Manny would be worth watching. Manny's never been afraid to push forward and Conor's counter-punching would make that proposition lip-smacking.

Floyd is a ghost - you throw a punch and he's just not there anymore, and I suspect (along with just about everyone else) it will make this a frustrating fight.

That said - I'll be watching this fight. As will everyone else complaining about it. You don't have to get PPV - just head down to your local.

RazorRam0n

Juniors
Yep, watch the video of McGregor fighting C level journeyman Chris Van Heerden who is toying with McGregor in sparring.

Everyone has a punchers chance but you would think in 49 fights one of the dozen ELITE level fighters he has faced would have buzzed Mayweather and sent him down. Hasn't happened and can't see it happening in this fight. Money won't embarrass him though, it would be bad for business. If he wanted to it would be KO1.

This is a joke of a fight. Some McGregor fans think he has a chance. The magnitude of this mismatch won't dawn on them until Buffer starts his introductions...

In the red corner, coming out of retirement with a perfect record of 49-0, the former P4P#1, the former super featherweight, lightweight, light welterweight, welterweight, and light middleweight champion, widely regarded as the best boxer of the past 20 years..."

followed by

"And in the blue corner, making his professional debut..."

Agree with most of what you're saying except cvh's footage was edited.

Frankus

Juniors
Would rather see Conor fight against someone who will slug it out with him, like GGG. Now that would be entertaining. Weight a problem though.
That fight would be even less competitive than Mayweather. GGG would spark him out within a round even after letting McGregor drop a couple of bombs on his granite chin to check his power. Weight is not really an issue. only 4-5 pounds difference between them. Tim Tszyu would give a better showing than McGregor.

shiznit

Coach
That fight would be even less competitive than Mayweather. GGG would spark him out within a round even after letting McGregor drop a couple of bombs on his granite chin to check his power. Weight is not really an issue. only 4-5 pounds difference between them. Tim Tszyu would give a better showing than McGregor.
Lmfao... if GGG was fighting Conor it wouldn't be pure boxing.... GGG would end up the B side in that fight and if he really wants the fight it would be kickboxing...

And Conor would f**k HIM UP!!

shiznit

Coach
So Floyd is having trouble paying his taxes... and has asked the IRS if he can pay in instalments... :joy::joy:

I get the feeling Conor is going to torment him on the press tour starting in about 8-9hours...

shiznit

Coach
First Presser done....

Conor is just too good on the mic for Floyd. So much so they needed to turn Conor's mic off.

It's really Conor's biggest chance to make an impression because he's gonna get his face boxed off in the fight...

Latest posts