What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mayweather Vs McGregor

nöyd

Staff member
i'm no expert but when floyd only threw a dozen or so (if that!) punches in the first 3 to 4 rounds, you just knew he would wait until conor was rooted and could hardly stand up.

i actually thought it would come sooner, but credit where it's due, he did well to last 9.5 rounds

Clifferd

Coach
Watched the final minute a few times. I can't see why the ref called it. Connor deflected 8/11 hits.

On points I feel Connor had that in by at least two rounds.

What is ridiculous is that Mayweather produced the same shit that got him 49-0.

I don't think you watched the same fight

McGregor was gone

Reactions: OVP

OVP

Coach
Watched the final minute a few times. I can't see why the ref called it. Connor deflected 8/11 hits.

lol ok mate, sure.

Evil_Mush

Juniors
Was picking the 10th but got greedy and went Connor to win for the sweet sweet odds. Oh well.

Impressed that Connor lasted as long as he did to be honest.

I hate McGregor with a passion, but he did well to last that long.

He was never, ever going to win though. Anyone that bet on Mayweather just made the easiest money of their lives.

Frankus

Juniors

It was always a joke of a fight. But the stoppage was legit. Conor won rounds 1 to 3 in my opinion but that was just Floyd working him out. McGregor wouldn't have lasted 2 rounds against a Crawford, Alvarez or GGG. f**k off back to UFC

Clifferd

Coach
Conor did much better than I thought...

He just gassed....

I honestly think Mayweather made him look better than what he actually was to make it look like a contest

In the end, smart tactical boxing always wins. McGregor was tanked after like 3 rounds and Mayweather was the aggressor = easy win

Tiger Woody

Juniors
Predictable result
Didnt even bother watching it.
Reminded me of a pub fight big against small,and big got well and truly beaten.

shiznit

Coach
I honestly think Mayweather made him look better than what he actually was to make it look like a contest

In the end, smart tactical boxing always wins. McGregor was tanked after like 3 rounds and Mayweather was the aggressor = easy win
Yes and no....

Mayweather definitely had a plan to let him expend his energy early in the fight... but a lot of what happened in the early rounds was also Floyd taking a bit longer to figure Conor out.

Conor's movement early on really surprised Floyd... buy in the end Floyd worked him out and drowned him.

No issues with the stoppage either.

Lemon Squash

First Grade
I think Connors mistake was trying to outbox him, I think from the get go he should of been his unorthodox self and gone for the KO.

Credit to him he showed good technique and landed some nice shots but Floyd just absorbed it and when he lifted the tempo CM couldn't go with him.

Thought the stoppage was fair, he was really struggling the previous round but the ref gave him a chance to regather himself at the break but coming into round 10 Floyd smelled blood and I think one more shot CM was on his ass.

Just like everyone before him CM really struggled to land anything that could hurt Floyd, it was getting pretty embarrassing towards the end.

Clifferd

Coach
Yes and no....

Mayweather definitely had a plan to let him expend his energy early in the fight... but a lot of what happened in the early rounds was also Floyd taking a bit longer to figure Conor out.

Conor's movement early on really surprised Floyd... buy in the end Floyd worked him out and drowned him.

No issues with the stoppage either.

I thought McGregors early rounds were quite good and was pretty shocked the judges didn't score them as his rounds

In the end though his dangly orthodox movement was no match for an all time great & the predictable outcome was served.

Not a great fight by any means but it sure is funny watching the UFC fans shut up after thinking he had this fight in the bag haha