What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mayweather Vs McGregor

shiznit

Coach
I thought McGregors early rounds were quite good and was pretty shocked the judges didn't score them as his rounds

In the end though his dangly orthodox movement was no match for an all time great & the predictable outcome was served.

Not a great fight by any means but it sure is funny watching the UFC fans shut up after thinking he had this fight in the bag haha
What UFC fan thought Conor would win this??

I'm a big MMA fan... and I know shitloads of MMA fans... and I could count the number people who seriously thought Conor would win on one hand...

And they didn't respect boxing enough.

Willie Ray

Bench
Mcgregor = great fighter,ordinary boxer.....Mayweather= cautious as always but one of the great defensive boxers...admire Mcgregor for getting in there but it's kinda like the world badminton champion challenging Roger Federer to a game of tennis cause badminton is a racquet sport too.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
McGregor's cardio a problem for him yet again. Not surprised but tough effort

he seemed gased after round 5, UFC goes for 5 rounds

I thought Mayweather was smart, seemed to wait patiently till round 7/8 then unleashed, he was always going to win but still good entertainment I thought

Mogsheen Jadwat

Juniors
Well It didn't happen... he never knocked him out...

There's a big difference between getting knocked the f**k out and losing by technical knock out...
I was waiting for that.

Why cling to it? Had it lasted 30 seconds more he wouldve been.

He may have got up but that was the script for the last 2 and half rounds. Ref wouldve called it before he got ktfo.

Proper respect for mcgregor though.

shiznit

Coach
I was waiting for that.

Why cling to it? Had it lasted 30 seconds more he wouldve been.

He may have got up but that was the script for the last 2 and half rounds. Ref wouldve called it before he got ktfo.

Proper respect for mcgregor though.
Cling to what??? He gassed and didn't have the energy to defend himself any longer... I have no issues with the stoppage...

But knocking someone out is putting them unconscious... he wasn't anywhere close to being knocked out.

Mogsheen Jadwat

Juniors
Cling to what??? He gassed and didn't have the energy to defend himself any longer... I have no issues with the stoppage...

But knocking someone out is putting them unconscious... he wasn't anywhere close to being knocked out.

just gonna agree to disagree here, imo mayweather would've knocked him out had the fight continued - you admitted he could no longer defend himself and have no issues with the stoppage - so I assume you agree then had the fight continued it would've ended with mcgregor looking at the lights on his back.

a tko generally happens before the ko if it's a cumulative thing, like this fight - so yeah i guess you're right he didn't knock him out. doesn't mean he wasn't going to, just got stopped prior. not exactly something to hang your hat on "I didn't get knocked out but only cause the ref stopped it!"

Last edited:

shiznit

Coach
So you don't believe that, despite being completely gassed and out on his feet, that mcgregor wouldn't have been knocked out where he could no longer make the standing 8 count?

I disagree. McGregor wasn't going to be lights out so if you're purely arguing that, but there was no way if the fight continued as it did that he wouldn't have faced that. He couldn't defend himself!
I think that was unlikely as Floyd really didn't have the power to knock him out I don't think.

At no stage did Floyd actually hurt him... Conor just gassed badly.

All credit to Floyd... he took him the deep rounds and drowned him.

But Conor wasn't actually hurt... he was just badly fatigued...

Jack_Napier

Staff member
I think that was unlikely as Floyd really didn't have the power to knock him out I don't think.

At no stage did Floyd actually hurt him... Conor just gassed badly.

All credit to Floyd... he took him the deep rounds and drowned him.

But Conor wasn't actually hurt... he was just badly fatigued...
You don't think Floyd would've eventually been able to knock Connor down for the 10 count? There was 2 mins left in rd10 and he had nothing left. Basically had another 8 mins of defenceless opponent to try to knock out.

Floyd was launching and I honestly think it would've happened due to a culmination of constant shots.

shiznit

Coach
You don't think Floyd would've eventually been able to knock Connor down for the 10 count? There was 2 mins left in rd10 and he had nothing left. Basically had another 8 mins of defenceless opponent to try to knock out.

Floyd was launching and I honestly think it would've happened due to a culmination of constant shots.
TBH... I just don't think Floyd has the power to hurt anyone these days...

He hasn't for awhile...

And I've seen Conor withstand some absolute bombs even when he's fatigued...

If Conor fought Canelo or GGG he would have been destroyed.... I have no doubts about that.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
TBH... I just don't think Floyd has the power to hurt anyone these days...

He hasn't for awhile...

And I've seen Conor withstand some absolute bombs even when he's fatigued...

If Conor fought Canelo or GGG he would have been destroyed.... I have no doubts about that.

yeah 40 year old Floyd definitely wouldn't stop anyone with one shot, just think it was a possibility that Connor would've went down and stayed down with PBF turning the heat right up for another 8 mins.

Possibility of 3 knockdowns in the round stopping the fight as well.

Have to admit I really liked Connor saying he wanted the ref to let Floyd drop him. Go out on your shield mentality.

He'll probably make Paulie Mag fight him next and knock seven shades of shit out of him.

shiznit

Coach
I think he will fight Tony Ferguson on the New Years card in vegas...

Then probably that trilogy fight with Nate.

I hope he doesn't keep boxing... I don't think he's good enough as a pure boxer to compete with the Crawford's, Canelo's & GGG's.

And TBH... I think it's a waste of his talent... considering how good his all round striking game is...