What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

McCrone - Missed Tackles, Poor Kicks and no attack -Time to go

LINESPEED

Juniors
In particular McInnes...gives good early ball from dummy half and tackles his guts out BUT does he every run with the ball from dummy half.....again the opposing hooker pinched metres.....its evident every week.....lately it was Cook last nite and before that the Knights rake and before that Peats from the Titans.....but nah does our wondercoach ever look to work in this area with our hooker.....you guessed it

Aitken for hooker in 2018
Do a Hunt on him!!

So Mary doesn't want to start Jai Field because he needs to put on some size. Crap he keep McCrone on and continues to cost us the game. If field played and we lost he would at least try harder and gain experience. You never know he may even have won us a few extra games.
But don't forget the main reason why McCrone gets picked every week.
Widdop feels more "comfortable" with McCrone at half. He is a perfect foil for Widdop.
I am sick of that BS.
Anyone would have done better over the season than McCrone.
Mann, Field even Willis - why not?
McGregor got a red carpet ride into the FG coaching position and I still don't understand why?

slippery5

Juniors
Widdop feels more "comfortable" with McCrone at half. He is a perfect foil for Widdop.
I am sick of that BS.
McGregor got a red carpet ride into the FG coaching position and I still don't understand why?
TV game the other week Sterling said Widdop plays his best game with McCrone at 7, a very experienced half. I nearly choked on my own vomit, no wonder QLD won.

dragonssamy61

First Grade
I think your assessment is the most accurate.
McCrone's claim to fame is that he is good defender.
Yesterday he missed no less than 8 tackles which is diabolical - so there is no reason to persevere.
I tend to agree that McDonald has improved.
A half decent coach would make an enormous difference to a number of our players.
Our bloke is unqualified to coach FG and has barely improved in 3 years.
Team selection and bench management is amateurish.

Well said dennis
You can see the problem and most of us as well.
You would think our highly paid coach would also figure it out.

slippery5

Juniors
I am sick of that BS.
I'm telling you, I would run the dice with Willis & put Mann in the centres but that won't happen, so the best we can hope for is Mann at 7.

Overseas dragon

Juniors
Let's see Hutch play at half I'd put McDonald at centre he's coming in there anyway and Mann on the wing .I think that's worth a roll of the dice .also Willis is certainly even with 1 eye a large improvement on Mr Wolfpack.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Mary has only got himself to blame not McCrone for always picking him for this recent poor form. He is quick to drop Mann or others if they have a bad game but never McCrone. Opposition teams target him because they know he is the weakness and you should also blame Widdop for his part for not always demanding the ball on the last tackle. It is like 50/50 when it shouldn't be on the last tackle between McCrone and Widdop. Poor game management. Why give poor Kurt Mann limited time in the No.7 and when things start to go wrong throw in McCrone. It is never the other way around as it should be.

Thank god Ben Hunt will be there next season. God help Saints if he ever gets injured. How bloody good was Hunt on the weekend at No.9. They guy is a gun and possibly could be Saints buy of the decade.