What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

McGregor appreciation

Got a team predicted for wooden spoon by deadset everyone but we are in 8th with 6 games to go, finals looking likely. I see similarities this year with 2015. With the team he had that year they did well and if benji who was in form never got injured in dogs game who knows what could of happen, we got unlucky that year.. we get a bit of luck this year and you might see the greatest st.george grand final since the 60s or ever

Got a team predicted for wooden spoon by deadset everyone but we are in 8th with 6 games to go, finals looking likely. I see similarities this year with 2015. With the team he had that year they did well and if benji who was in form never got injured in dogs game who knows what could of happen, we got unlucky that year.. we get a bit of luck this year and you might see the greatest st.george grand final since the 60s or ever
No one seriously predicted the wooden spoon except maybe you.
That is why you are getting so excited about anything better than that.
You are seriously annoying...go away

No one seriously predicted the wooden spoon except maybe you.
That is why you are getting so excited about anything better than that.
You are seriously annoying...go away
No I knew we would do alright.. oh cmon, from papers to footy show and expert opinions to most my bunny supporter mates no one gave us a chance. I'm pretty sure TAB had us as outright favs for the spoon.

My apologies. No one predicted us for the spoon, Newcastle had that in the bag, 2nd last is what most predicted which doesent change the point I made

Overseas dragon

Juniors
Whatever don't care no more... Hail Mary, GO The mighty dragons and up yours
Well obviously Lizzie/Fred ,whoever you are, your a relative ,friend,of the coach.or even worse .you work in administration .good try but whatever you say or do.you can't get beyond the fact this coach needs to get on his jetski .and wave goodbye to this clubs long suffering fans.

blacksafake

First Grade
I remember that game very well...
I also remember the thrashings we endured under McGregor's regime
The games at Kogarah where we were embarrassed and couldn't score a point while being humbled at our home ground.
The boring unenterprising style of football fostered by McGregor that resulted in us having an abysmal points scoring record.
The mystifying use of the bench.
Team selections that left everyone scratching their heads.
Press conferences where all we heard were excuses and rationalizations for failure.
Do you want me to continue?
McGregor is whatever your perception is as a coach but not many would agree with you.
Now rack off and leave us all alone!
Bravo:)

Hopefully Mrs McGregor will pass this message onto her husband.;)

Overseas dragon

Juniors
Oh it's well below average, most 6 year olds could point that out. Anyways would like to hear if anyone actually thinks Mary is a decent coach or does every dragon supporter think he's a dud? It's amazed me the hate Mary gets on this forum.. Mary has tried to get dragons a decent half since he took over "old age" benji being the best Mary has been able to work with. mary is the reason we got hunt and are getting rid of "just not good enough" Dugan and and " a little over rated" packer. His anouncement that he no longer has anything to do with player contracts is a load of rubbish so players like Dugan and packer will still want to play there assess off for him for remainder of the season. Now that's a sign of good coach imo
Mary has not tried to get a half back .he had a guy call Nona running around , a very capable player with a good kicking game.the fact that Jason D thought Nona was very very good ,was the death nell of Nona .so now you can put that idea in the recycle bin.

Gomarchin

Juniors
The only people who thought we'd finish with the wooden spoon were Mary's mates in the media. When you lower the expectation and get the team to go hard in the first 8-10 rounds, you end up with a 2 year extension.

As much as I don't like Mary as a coach the guy sure knows how to negotiate a contract. Don't blame Mary - blame Doust, Mary and the new chairman B Johnston.

St Georgio

Juniors
We have the rosters to go deep, I reckon if we lose to Manly, our season is gone, but I remember last year we beat the Raiders in golden point in a miracle try to aitken, the Raiders went on a roll and had a good season, hopefully the same will happen to us!

Bench
I don't think there so much negative but are frustrated by not having a team like cowboys or melbourne, we don't have the players at the moment to be up there with them. Under McGregor we have a chance imo
Yes we do have a chance under McIdiot.
It's called NO CHANCE

Gomarchin

Juniors
I don't think there so much negative but are frustrated by not having a team like cowboys or melbourne, we don't have the players at the moment to be up there with them. Under McGregor we have a chance imo
Have you watched any of our last 10 games?
You're either a troll, Mary's relative or delusional. Maybe all 3.
Mary has proven (over the last 3 years) he cannot coach and should not be anywhere near a first grade football team.

Old Timer

Coach
While ever we have him as coach we will never get players like they have either.
He is so "respected" by our administration he isn't allowed to be involved in recruitment doesn't that tell you something?