What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

McGregor appreciation

I think last year the style of footy we played was different to this year. Last year we were so boring to watch, we couldn't score points and just tried to win games by grinding away. At least this year we are scoring some points and offloading instead of just trying to complete sets like last year. Thats the main difference for me.
Lets see what happens from here, I hope that they have a red hot dig from now and if they lose, well so be it.
Next year my expectations will be infinitely higher with Hunt on board. I think this year we are struggling without a game manager.
The first 7 rounds this season, we scored 193 points at an average of nearly 28 points per game.
We looked a different team from 2016.
It was heartening and everyone was excited.
Unfortunately the next 9 games (excluding byes of course) we scored only 150 points at an average of nearly 17 points a game. Not as bad as last year but a massive slide form the first 7 games especially in terms of competition points.
What's disturbing to me is that we have had 12 weeks to make adjustments and change the dynamics that are causing us to lose games. McGregor doesn't seem to have the answers.
Last year around this time we had some really crucial games in terms of making the finals and we capitulated badly.
This year is another year but we find ourselves in a similar position.
Let's hope the Manly game is the turning point and is the catalyst to finishing off the season strongly.
This game will tell us a lot about our Team, our coach and our character.

Crush

Coach
The first 7 rounds this season, we scored 193 points at an average of nearly 28 points per game.
We looked a different team from 2016.
It was heartening and everyone was excited.
Unfortunately the next 9 games (excluding byes of course) we scored only 150 points at an average of nearly 17 points a game. Not as bad as last year but a massive slide form the first 7 games especially in terms of competition points.
What's disturbing to me is that we have had 12 weeks to make adjustments and change the dynamics that are causing us to lose games. McGregor doesn't seem to have the answers.
Last year around this time we had some really crucial games in terms of making the finals and we capitulated badly.
This year is another year but we find ourselves in a similar position.
Let's hope the Manly game is the turning point and is the catalyst to finishing off the season strongly.
This game will tell us a lot about our Team, our coach and our character.
Without a halfback don't expect miracles. At best we can sneak into the eight but forget about beating the big boys, look at their rosters. Watch cowboys fall away now that jt is out.
Having said that, I agree our character will be tested. Will we compete hard and throw everything at teams or will we just fold and smile and laugh at full time like the last couple of months?
Time will tell. Im not confident but hopeful.

Crush

Coach
Meh. McJetski has shown a clear lack of respect for the fans of the club, even going so far as to blame us for having too high expectations of the team last year. What has he done as a coach to earn our respect?!
If I had a dollar for every time you have said that.....
How are you BennyV? Haven't seen you around here of late!?

Old Timer

Coach
I think its pretty poor that people slate McGregor so much. Calling him McIdiot, McJetski, McFooknuckle, L-plates etc. I think there should be a certain level of respect.
I think its fine to criticise and say he is doing a poor job but at least call him by his name.
Its called respect.
He is still the coach of our club and an and ex-player of our club.
Just my opinion.
Mc Fookknuckle shows a complete lack of respect for peoples intelligence with his ridiculous post game press conferences.
A plethora of stupid reasons for dismal outcomes instead of manfully standing up and taking responsibility.
People want to give him free licence because he played for the club which IMO is ludicrous as he has already received his accolades for that a long time ago.
This is all about the coach and nobody else and as a coach he obviously infuriates many of the fans and he gets about as much respect from them as what the fans feel they get from him.
If he was doing a great job I bet you wouldn't mind him being called Mc Greatness would you?
His selections and tactics are evidence of why he will not ever achieve that and why he gets what he gets.

Crush

Coach
Mc Fookknuckle shows a complete lack of respect for peoples intelligence with his ridiculous post game press conferences.
A plethora of stupid reasons for dismal outcomes instead of manfully standing up and taking responsibility.
People want to give him free licence because he played for the club which IMO is ludicrous as he has already received his accolades for that a long time ago.
This is all about the coach and nobody else and as a coach he obviously infuriates many of the fans and he gets about as much respect from them as what the fans feel they get from him.
If he was doing a great job I bet you wouldn't mind him being called Mc Greatness would you?
His selections and tactics are evidence of why he will not ever achieve that and why he gets what he gets.
McGreatness isnt derogatory so that would be fine.

Life's Good

Coach
we will be finishing strongly.

i have backed mcgregor in many other threads, so i am not abandoning him now because of a form slump.
'Sperm guzzler', would be one of those supportive terms you have used in backing Mary. Has someone hacked your account??

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I think its pretty poor that people slate McGregor so much. Calling him McIdiot, McJetski, McFooknuckle, L-plates etc. I think there should be a certain level of respect.
You forgot McSupercoach.

Old Timer

Coach
Not a McGregor fan but I do find the nicknames a bit kindergartenish.
Don't worry they will grow on you as you spend the next 2 years in the wilderness watching Mc Fookknuckle press conferences and listening to the never ending excuses as to why we are unable to fulfil our potential
To pass the time away pick an u/20 player that you think will be a gun and watch his progress under the tuteledge of our esteemed and to be respected coach

hazzbeen

Bench
So let's look at it this way , after 3 dismal years under Mary Doust and the board are happy to give him another 2 years . So in their minds Mary is doing a good job with coaching and developing players and must think we can win a Premiership under him . If they didn't they would not have extended his contract . I must be missing something or Doust and co are all Geniuses ...

Old Timer

Coach
T
McGreatness isnt derogatory so that would be fine.
The others all personify his current position and standing however he can get rid of them all by becoming a great coach or may I suggest if he fell on his own sword he could go down as Mc Noble
The latter far easier for him I suggest

Gomarchin

Juniors
So let's look at it this way , after 3 dismal years under Mary Doust and the board are happy to give him another 2 years . So in their minds Mary is doing a good job with coaching and developing players and must think we can win a Premiership under him . If they didn't they would not have extended his contract . I must be missing something or Doust and co are all Geniuses ...
Under this current management, they were happy to extend his contract because MEDIOCRITY is the norm at the top. It means they can pay peanuts for a coach, take away any power he is (no say on recruitment) and it buys the CEO/Board another 2 years. It's all about protecting their positions. Period.

Old Timer

Coach
I think you will see a huge shift in intensity rather then coaching strategy.
Coaching strategy ha ha ha ha ha ha you have to be kidding.
Huge lift in intensity ha ha ha ha ha ha again you have to be kidding.
Our esteemed coach is the bloke that a little over a week ago said "we have to find a starting spot for Kurt because he brings so much energy to the team" and this week has him back on the bench.
Just add it to all his other clangers.

gregstar

Referee
Well he has to have more of a clue than you because by the look of it you're already well and truly stuffed.
What on earth would you know about football?

McGregor has us playing at a much higher level of intensity & our attack has improved remarkably this year.

We are one good performance away from giving this comp a good shake.

Don't be drawn into the negativity. I've stayed positive throughout & so should the rest of this forum.

Latest posts