What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

McGregors Longevity As The Dragons NRL Coach In 2017

Will McGregor see out 2017

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BennyV

Referee
I will re-visit in rnd 12. Back your coach and hope your team comes good. And if not get the knives out ;)
He wont come good. His attitude and philosophy has shown that. I would love it to turn around, for him to accept responsibility for the last 2 seasons (and no, stumbling into the 8 in 2015 was not a successful season) but it just wont happen.

Weve languished at the bottom for 5 years now. We dont have time to see if he 'comes good', even if there was a remote chance of that happening. The guy needs to go. Then, and only then, can we start to rebuild.

Gareth67

First Grade
Perhaps Phil Gould may come to our rescue and decide to sign Mary as one of them fancy marquee coaches that seem to be all the rage nowadays .

I can only imagine the heartbreak that would cause in Dragonland .
Sorry gents , i was having an afternoon nap , but jeeze , that was a wonderful dream .

Last edited:

Dea

Juniors
McGregor is learning to coach and shown an inability to set a game plan around our strengths and capabilities. I would have thought that these skills are learnt and established prior to coaching at NRL level. NRL is for higher performing coaches who have proven themselves or show clear potential to step up into that space. The current Dragons coach doesn't meet these requirements.
As for 2018... I have stopped hoping in all the talk of locking in a new coach already. Just do not believe it. We are stuck with McNoCoach until the club calls a Friday news conference to announce anything different.

Qdf

Juniors
McGregor is learning to coach and shown an inability to set a game plan around our strengths and capabilities. I would have thought that these skills are learnt and established prior to coaching at NRL level. NRL is for higher performing coaches who have proven themselves or show clear potential to step up into that space. The current Dragons coach doesn't meet these requirements.
As for 2018... I have stopped hoping in all the talk of locking in a new coach already. Just do not believe it. We are stuck with McNoCoach until the club calls a Friday news conference to announce anything different.
To select a coach of McGregor 's ability, is truly a testament of the boards inability to make the right decisions.McGregor selection as our head coach was a classic example of the corruption that exists at management level. It will not change until we have a new board & CEO...

inside_pass

Bench
To select a coach of McGregor 's ability, is truly a testament of the boards inability to make the right decisions.McGregor selection as our head coach was a classic example of the corruption that exists at management level. It will not change until we have a new board & CEO...
Correct.
The problem is they will be around for a while yet hoping they can jag a good signing or a good coach to cover their ineptness and appease all the fans who blindly follow their every word and promises!
The pain and humiliation will continue.

Como Connection

First Grade
I strongly dispute " corruption" these guys love the Dragons.
FACT
CC

2010Dragons

Bench
Give him enough rope and he will do it himself....
I'm happy to buy him a slab of beer or any spirts Mary wants the night before every game or training day.
On the condition he drinks it all in one night.

possm

Coach
Just announce someone else - from outside the Club as head coach for 2018 and beyond. Let the new coach pick is staff.