What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

McGregors Longevity As The Dragons NRL Coach In 2017

Will McGregor see out 2017

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dea

Juniors
So we finally land a quality half with McGregor still as coach. Likely we paid overs to do so but with the forwards build and young juniors coming through the team is coming together for 2018/19 to potentially have a real crack at the premiership. I'm a little concerned that they might give McGregor a go with "a good team." To prove he has what it takes. I guess is really hoping that part of the selling of playing at the Dragons for Hunt and all the Juniors resigning is the Promise of a quality 1st grade coach who can actually help players improve their own performance and can actually deliver a game plan for positive team results. The sooner they annouce McGregor is gone for 2018 the happieri I'll be.

rainman44

Bench
So we finally land a quality half with McGregor still as coach. Likely we paid overs to do so but with the forwards build and young juniors coming through the team is coming together for 2018/19 to potentially have a real crack at the premiership. I'm a little concerned that they might give McGregor a go with "a good team." To prove he has what it takes. I guess is really hoping that part of the selling of playing at the Dragons for Hunt and all the Juniors resigning is the Promise of a quality 1st grade coach who can actually help players improve their own performance and can actually deliver a game plan for positive team results. The sooner they annouce McGregor is gone for 2018 the happieri I'll be.
Des Hasler 2018 a Saint and Ivan Cleary to the dogs and the reason the panthers were after Hunt is they are very worried the dogs will be taking him in the near future.

hindy111

Post Whore
Did i tell you hunt would come?
Hope he works out, I see a solid half playing in a great team that took you to the cleaners. Kind of like Foran did to the eels.
600k is about the value of the guy. He really needs to step up to be worth that. He is capable of taking his game to a new level.

to_ddeath

Coach
Did i tell you hunt would come?
Hope he works out, I see a solid half playing in a great team that took you to the cleaners. Kind of like Foran did to the eels.
600k is about the value of the guy. He really needs to step up to be worth that. He is capable of taking his game to a new level.

Means barely a zac without a new coach to go with...
I hold out remote hope though my trust is low.

T.

possm

Coach
I doubt Hunt would sign without the knowledge of a new top grade coach at the Dragons for 2018. Hope this is announced early in the season - will encourage all the plodders to lift to another level.

Last edited:

Brutalitops

Juniors
It's gonna be real tricky to be a Dragons supporter this year. On the one hand I will always be wanting my team to obviously win, but I will keep having this sneaking feeling that great results will just buy McShit more time.

Really hope coach situation is fixed and announced soon.

Dragon Revival

Juniors
Old Timer you are a bit of a night owl. I stole John Moz's thunder and quashed two possibilities. Mickey Lane seems to be more on the ball with the undercover scene and may be channelling the great Harry Bath.

possm

Coach
It's gonna be real tricky to be a Dragons supporter this year. On the one hand I will always be wanting my team to obviously win, but I will keep having this sneaking feeling that great results will just buy McShit more time.

Really hope coach situation is fixed and announced soon.
If our new coach is announced early, then we can cheer for a win each week without fear.

possm

Coach
I remain of the view that Mary won't be here in 2018; no matter what the outcome of 2017. In say this, I feel that if the Dragons are doing poorly by round 6, Mary will get the chop, our new coach for 2018 will be announced and Hornby / Young will take charge until end of season.

AyiosYiorgos

Coach
PAUL McGregor doesn’t need anyone telling him how cutthroat coaching can be.

Less than 12 months after taking St George Illawarra to the play-offs against all the odds, Red V fans were calling for his head.

He has survived but for how long?

And then there is Des Hasler. Two grand finals and three other playoff appearances in his five years at the Bulldogs yet he is no certainty to see out next season let alone earn a new contract.

Just how safe is your team’s coach in 2017?

SQUADS: Every team for the Auckland Nines

SUPERCOACH: Its back!

PAUL McGREGOR (Dragons)
Despite missing the eight by just three points last season, he had Red V fans baying for blood and he needs wins and a far a more adventurous attacking mindset in 2017 if he is to survive.

Safety rating: 2.5 (out of 10)

getsmarty

Immortal
PAUL McGregor doesn’t need anyone telling him how cutthroat coaching can be.

Less than 12 months after taking St George Illawarra to the play-offs against all the odds, Red V fans were calling for his head.

He has survived but for how long?

And then there is Des Hasler. Two grand finals and three other playoff appearances in his five years at the Bulldogs yet he is no certainty to see out next season let alone earn a new contract.

Just how safe is your team’s coach in 2017?

SQUADS: Every team for the Auckland Nines

SUPERCOACH: Its back!

PAUL McGREGOR (Dragons)
Despite missing the eight by just three points last season, he had Red V fans baying for blood and he needs wins and a far a more adventurous attacking mindset in 2017 if he is to survive.

Safety rating: 2.5 (out of 10)

2.5 out of 10 is generous.

The_Team_Won

Juniors
I know today's game was only a trial but when the Dragons held on to 54% of the possession to the Rabbitohs 46% even the Village idiot could tell something is drastically wrong when the Rabbitohs win 32 to 14. If Doust had anything in his head that resembles a brain he would sack McGregor now not after the season is gone by round 10. Demetriou should of got the NRL job after his performance with the cutters last year.

SaintPauli

Juniors
Ivan cleary can come over to slot in now. He is available and my pick as he can teach the youth to quickly adapt to first grade. Widdop to fullback. Bring Nona to 5/8 and Luciano in for Will Matthews horrific injury.