What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

McGregors Longevity As The Dragons NRL Coach In 2017

Will McGregor see out 2017

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

possm

Coach
Ivan cleary can come over to slot in now. He is available and my pick as he can teach the youth to quickly adapt to first grade. Widdop to fullback. Bring Nona to 5/8 and Luciano in for Will Matthews horrific injury.
With rumours of Hasler negotiating with Manly and Cleary favourite to be head coach of the Dogs, I worry who will be our coach in 2018.

blacksafake

First Grade
With rumours of Hasler negotiating with Manly and Cleary favourite to be head coach of the Dogs, I worry who will be our coach in 2018.
Young/Hornby
As Doust says they are in the system & know how the club operates. lol

The_Team_Won

Juniors
"No he will be gone by round 1"
How wrong did I get that and I can't say I am unhappy with the results so far this year. McGregor seems to of turned it all around and I think as soon as Widopp has returned, the Dragons will be back to their winning best to finish the season on a high and another premiership is a possibility. In saying all that I think McGregor deserves to stay on as Coach as long as the team makes the finals and makes it past week one, after all there is not much better available to coach on the current market. "Jason Taylor" No thanks

possm

Coach
Well what if he is kept in charge till season's end and then they appoint Dean Young as head coach. Hold on there is a pattern here:
Bob Millward, father of Ian Millward is a power broker within the Club.
Craig Young father of Dean Young is also a power broker within the Club.

Deal done and dusted before the deal with WIN is complete.

The_Team_Won

Juniors
Well what if he is kept in charge till season's end and then they appoint Dean Young as head coach. Hold on there is a pattern here:
Bob Millward, father of Ian Millward is a power broker within the Club.
Craig Young father of Dean Young is also a power broker within the Club.

Deal done and dusted before the deal with WIN is complete.

If that is the best the Dragons can come up with, leave McGregor in the job as long as the Dragons progress past the first week of the finals. Dean Young will be like Nathan Brown was at the time he was appointed NRL coach far too inexperienced for the top job. Maybe with a few lower grade premierships under his belt and a few years as an assistant NRL coach at another club under a multi premiership winning coach. Just then Dean Young might be up for the NRL job at the Dragons.

mickeylane

Bench
stop all the innuendo - McGregor will get at least another 12 months with an option as a minimum...there is no other coach out there to replace him worth his salt plus the players are all playing for him - its very evident...

St Georgio

Juniors
stop all the innuendo - McGregor will get at least another 12 months with an option as a minimum...there is no other coach out there to replace him worth his salt plus the players are all playing for him - its very evident...
That's all good, he may turn out to be a decent coach, but he won't bring us another premiership, the Storm completely gave us a football lesson.

possm

Coach
McGregor should not be resigned the way he has treated Mann.
Bet we lose him because of the miss treatment.
CC
Yep, the handling of Milne and Mann should be taken into consideration by the Board. Also the failed defensive plan re-introduced for the first half against the Storm.