What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Meet ups during World Cup

GongPanther

Referee
Nah f**k that place. Getting stuck watching AFL and Rugby instead of Storm v Souths was the final straw.

merkins wouldn't even put the game on one of the tvs that noone was watching.
Should have pinched all their toilet rolls.

The Cook hotel used to be an institution for pre match drinks,as well as the Olympic Hotel up Moore Pk Rd which is a better league venue.

For a different tact,I used get a bus to stop at the Paddo RSL for a cheap feed,then head down to the Olympic for a dozen then onto the game. Screw the prices for beer at the ground.

redvee78

Juniors
Hi all,

I'm flying to Townsville tomorrow ahead of Sunday's double-header and I'd like some advice as to where to watch tomorrow's (Saturday's) games.

I'm looking for a nice place to settle in and have a few drinks and something to eat, but would also like to have other league fans in there for some banter.

Would Cowboy's leagues club be a good venue?

Cheers.

redvee78

Juniors
Hi all,

I'm flying to Townsville tomorrow ahead of Sunday's double-header and I'd like some advice as to where to watch tomorrow's (Saturday's) games.

I'm looking for a nice place to settle in and have a few drinks and something to eat, but would also like to have other league fans in there for some banter.

Would Cowboy's leagues club be a good venue?

Cheers.
Sorry to bump, but are there any recommendations for watching the games in a Townsville pub today? I'll be landing at 2pm local time, so will prob just Uber straight to a bar with my luggage! :grinning:

DlEHARD

Juniors
I'm headed to Sydney next week for Roos vs Lebanon. Anyone wanna catch up?

I think we need to lock down a venue for Brisbane games soon and I think we can get a good few people there including those travelling.

DlEHARD

Juniors
OK let's lock this in... I really believe a lot of people will be visiting from around the world, so let's not waste this opportunity to get a bunch of us together.

Saturday 2 December (Pre/Post game)
FINAL at SUNCORP STADIUM, Kick off at 7pm AEST
Time: 1pm/Lunch

Attendees:
DIEHARD
The Partisan
King hit

JasonE

Bench
OK let's lock this in... I really believe a lot of people will be visiting from around the world, so let's not waste this opportunity to get a bunch of us together.

Attendees:
DIEHARD
The Partisan
King hit
I am going to try and be at this catch up.

Perth Red

Post Whore

Attendees:
DIEHARD
The Partisan
King hit

We should be there, where is this pub?