What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Melbourne Cup futures

Love the ponies have no idea about them.

What the best few prospects this far out from the cup so hopefully I can get some value.

Thanks in advance :)

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Alot of the horses in the MC futures markets are overseas horses,pretty hard to tip them at this stage,would have to wait and see how they acclimatise/run first before giving out any tips with confidence,im sure we can find something for ya to back in the coming weeks.

Stayed tuned for greatness

WaznTheGreat

Referee
An Aussie horse won't finish in the top 10 so we basically have no choice but to wait and see how these overseas horses get along,Aussie stayers are a plodding disgrace.

Horrie Is God

First Grade
If the Japanese horses get here in one piece they'll be very hard to beat..

But the race is that far away anything could happen..

hineyrulz

Post Whore
If the Japanese horses get here in one piece they'll be very hard to beat..

But the race is that far away anything could happen..
x2, already had a lash on both of them.

They have the superior stayers in the world, they came once sent their second stringers and smashed us.

Still plenty of time till even worry about the cup, the golden Rose and Henry Bucks plate are what I am looking forward too.

Horrie Is God

First Grade
http://www.racenet.com.au/mobile/article.asp?id=103887

European horses – Spring feature race moves

Tom Walter

With the first shipment of European horses preparing to arrive down under, online bookmaker Sportingbet has all the betting moves across the spring’s three majors – the Caulfield Cup, Cox Plate and Melbourne Cup.

Of the 19 horses entering Newmarket’s quarantine facility, the Roger Varian-trained Ambivalent has been the biggest mover.

Entered for both the Caulfield Cup and Melbourne Cup, Ambivalent’s Caulfield Cup quote has been slashed from $101 into $19 following the news that the $3 million handicap will be the mare’s primary target in Australia.

Her odds for the Melbourne Cup have remained at $51.

Of the other Caulfield Cup firmers, Dandino is in slightly from $35 into $31 despite showing mixed form this season, while Seismos has shortened from $51 into $31.

After opening at $21 for the Caulfield Cup, French galloper Terrubi has drifted to $71 ahead of his arrival to David Payne’s stable.

In regards to the Melbourne Cup, two of the internationals have been specked at this early juncture.

Protectionist, trained by Andreas Wohler in Germany, has firmed from $41 into $35.

A winner of his last two starts at Group II level, Protectionist is by Monsun, the same sire as last year’s Melbourne Cup victor Fiorente.

OTI galloper Van Percy, prepared by Andrew Balding in the UK, has attracted support in both the Caulfield Cup and Melbourne Cup.

Orator, set to join David Hayes and Tom Dabernig at Flemington, has not been nominated for the spring majors.

Click the link to see the flucs..

Lemon Squash

First Grade
Mate the Melbourne Cup is one of those races where even on the day you can still find plenty of value.

This far out though I like Dandino, I think Fawkner is the best local hope and Opinion as the best roughie. A lot can change between then and now though.

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
You'll get a good international preview in the Herbert Power at Caulfield this afternoon. Protectionist who won its last start over 3000m in the Prix Kergolay back in late August.

Lemon Squash

First Grade
Rich Enuff looks a freak, but I think there are some pretty good 3yos in this race.

There should be plenty of pressure on up front, Rich Enuff has so far handled it but over the mile might be a different story. I still think Chivarly is massive show, savers on Shooting to Win and Merion

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Rich Enuff looks a freak, but I think there are some pretty good 3yos in this race.

There should be plenty of pressure on up front, Rich Enuff has so far handled it but over the mile might be a different story. I still think Chivarly is massive show, savers on Shooting to Win and Merion

Good saver on Shooting to Win

Northern Meteor would have dis if he didn't pass away