What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Melbourne Cup

Macca_

Coach
Start a new one as what I posted elsewhere belongs in here :D

Mr Rock!!! said:
Can she do it again this year????
You bet she can..

I have been on her all her career. I'd love to see her win a 3rd in a row, would be great but I can't see it. Sometimes you have to know when to get off...

Last 2 years she has been set for the Cup. Aimed at peaking in the first Tuesday in November over 3200m 5th up from a spell.

This time in she is set to peak over 2000m 4th up in the Cox Plate. The Cup preps have been timed to perfection and I see it no different this time round.

She'll still be hitting the Cup 5th up this time in. My worry is that it's only 9 days after she has been set for the 2000m run. There is no doubting her class, but the condition and lung capacity could well come into it. Ad to that she needs to re set the weight carrying record she made last year in carrying the 58kg. It is a big ask, as good as she is.

The owners and trainer have always looked after her best interest and they may even feel it's not the right thing if they feel condition wise she isn't ready to do it.

As I said, I'd love to see her do it. And if my horse isn't the winner, I'm hoping it is her. But I do have my concerns about backing her. In saying that I had some on that promotion they had early when they gave punters 21/1 about her and Vinnie Roe. I figured she'd won me that much that it was worth putting some back in just incase...

Moffo

Referee
If Frightening gets in....watch out

MD will be a favourite unless it flops in the Cox, and justifiably so. But the race will be an intriguing one this year

Macca_

Coach
Can't see her flopping in the Pate. It is her target and it's scary to think she hadn't peaked in the Turnbull but will be at peak for the Cox Plate.

If Bart hasn't killed it in the process, Frightening may be a show.

Latest posts