What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Melbourne Storm 2014.

sheet_ed

Juniors

Billythekid

First Grade
Does anyone know if there is any truth to the Locke rumors? He would be a great pick up, certainly wouldn't look bad taking over from Slater imo.

B-Hard

Juniors
Doubt it. Classy player but we couldn't afford him and he doesn't really fit our team. Where would he play ?

Billythekid

First Grade
Doubt it. Classy player but we couldn't afford him and he doesn't really fit our team. Where would he play ?

No idea, it didn't seem likely. In the rumors thread they said about Slater moving to 6 which doesn't sound plausible. Just thought i'd ask and see if it was even remotely plausible.

cb4

First Grade
Is this correct - who is Penani Manumalealii? Is he contracted to the Storm OR the Sharkies?

A poor opening 20 minutes of the first half saw the Sharks fall 4-0 behind before two pieces of individual brilliance turned the game.

The first came when Melbourne Storm contracted five-eighth Penani Manumalealii turned the game.

from the following article:

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...es-to-claim-nsw-cup-title-20131006-2v1z7.html

He is a Shark, and that is poor journalism.

For those who watched the NSW club final..Kirisome Auvaa killed it big time and looks bloody good.

He is off contract for Storm but they would be stupid to let him loose at this stage.

hardbaby

Coach
Couple of HUGE signing for your mob today. Nicely done. Snuck in and pulled the rug out from under a fair few clubs. Roberts and Romelo. MASSIVE

Billythekid

First Grade
I don't see the problem. Both would probably have been really cheap, especially Roberts after what happened at Parra last year. Personally i think Roberts has some talent though i've always thought he should have moved to centre a long time ago. He will probably just be depth anyway but i'm curious to see if Bellamy can get anything out of him.

At the very least if he does play 5/8 it will be behind Smith with Cronk next to him and with Slater for support. It's a cushy place to be and he won't have near the pressure he has had in the past.

Romelo well i have no idea what to say. Don't really rate him but don't know anything about him. Not sure where we will use him.

Wizardman

First Grade
Lol...if Bellamy gets Roberts to play like a consistent first grader, I'll crown him as the best rugby league coach of all-time. That guy IS the ultimate challenge...all the skills, shit for brains.

Cloudsurfer

Juniors
Lol...if Bellamy gets Roberts to play like a consistent first grader, I'll crown him as the best rugby league coach of all-time. That guy IS the ultimate challenge...all the skills, shit for brains.

He just has to do his job...not much thinking required, leave that to the ones around him & he might go ok.

B-Hard

Juniors
Norrie wouldn't be in my top 17. McLean, Garbutt, Bromwich and Moors for utility is how I'd do it.

Billythekid

First Grade
Hope we see some of Moors this year. Was really excited when we picked him up from the tigers as i had always liked him but nothing really came of it.