What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Members council -feedback

Born BB&W

Juniors
Bring back the Pepsi challenge where they'd gave to race the field and eat a pie, drink a can blah blah blah then kick a goal or score a try. That was entertaining.

Or that thing that use to pump free tshirts into the crowd.

The Barba Keogh & Savage Pepsi Challenge!

RUBIKS

Juniors
More food options, Fireworks for night games.

What's with stopping Drinks 20mins before full time? That's a terrible idea.

Really though, introduce a members draw. All ticketed members go into a draw to in $1k. Announced some stage in half time, need to have collected it by the end of half time. if it's not collected, the next home game it jackpots to $2k... etc... until the 12th home game of the season you have $12k up for grabs. Round 1 the following year, guess what, we're now at $13k... on and on it goes. Pop an add in the sports section of the leader, member number #### GA, missed out on $14k, make sure you get to the game next week for your chance to win $15k. Seriously as it grows, the crowds will grow also.

I assume you have a breaking point, say it's $50k? "We will be drawing members numbers all throughout half time until a winner is found".... or something like that. The joint would be packed out.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Kids relays....hell even re-invent the faarrkn Click 2000.......goal-kicking or bomb catching for $$....people love to see others making a goose of themselves.

If we had a dunking machine and someone who had shitted on the Club in the past sit in the chair each week and we use rotten fruit as our projectiles.

It would pack out the joint.

I vote Todd Carney to sit in the chair for the first week.....

Quigs

Immortal
How about reintroducing the cornerpost and have back the snatch the cornerpost race.

Have all the veterans of the 70s cornerpost races get back together again and have a sprint to grab a farker one minute before the hooter sounds. Would that be at the 69th minute mark.

I'd be in it but I tell youse what. I give that little farker Frenzy a coathanger before he got anywhere near the fence this time. I still reckon it was that little prick that beat me to it back at Sutho Oval in May 1967. I've never forgiven or forgotten that little Kent.

coolumsharkie

Referee
How about reintroducing the cornerpost and have back the snatch the cornerpost race.

Have all the veterans of the 70s cornerpost races get back together again and have a sprint to grab a farker one minute before the hooter sounds. Would that be at the 69th minute mark.

I'd be in it but I tell youse what. I give that little farker Frenzy a coathanger before he got anywhere near the fence this time. I still reckon it was that little prick that beat me to it back at Sutho Oval in May 1967. I've never forgiven or forgotten that little Kent.

Was that you in the white coat Quigs? Shit I never knew!

Quigs

Immortal
No Cools I was a skinny 12 year old back then. Not blessed with blistering speed or the good timing that could land a sweet left hook.

All I usually got was the remains. The torn shreads of what was left of a once upright solid cardboard black and white corner post.

When it came to that incontrollable pack, I was but a runt in a very big and vicious litter.

coolumsharkie

Referee
Yea was kinda having a dig, I remember that one guy that defended those corner posts like his job depended on it. Can remember his face in detail.

Weird the things you remember.

Quigs

Immortal
Yea was kinda having a dig, I remember that one guy that defended those corner posts like his job depended on it. Can remember his face in detail.

Weird the things you remember.

I can't remember that bloke. I always liked my chances at Sutho because the pack size was nowhere near the size of the Sports Ground pack. Plus you had to jump down off the elevated wall there. A lot of grounds were easy accessed. The SCG was a long run to the corner never got a look in at the big one.

Sutho Oval, the eastern side of the ground was always my best chance. Hardly anyone was over that side.

By the way those thoughts and thoughts like that are the early signs of your brain being in decline.

It will get weirder especially if you have a history of subjecting yourself to excessive alcohol and substance abuse. You are a muso arn't you?

Oh well, enjoy the memory flashes.

carinashark

First Grade
Something like a horn, but bigger than the Raiders. like the size of a jet engine, but what sound? We don't want to scare the kiddies. The only sound that springs to mind is a huge fart, could be hard to get past Lyall.