What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mercenary Fat Frank at it again

Haffa

He's entitled to go where he want's. It's not like he's going to Spurs, Arsenal or QPHahaha.

Haffa

:lol: Maybe we should retaliate by signing Shaun Goater as a backup striker?

Jimbo

Immortal
If he takes points off other teams and bottles it against Chelsea, I don't really see what the big deal is

I'm sure he'd like the opportunity to score a couple more against West Ham before he heads across tge pond

Jimbo

Immortal
Umlike mong, I have more meaningful life goals than trying and failing to annoy strangers on the Internet

Mong

Post Whore
Lol@ Chelsea fans saying shite like "Lampard is dead to me" and possibly burning Lampard shirts.

Last edited:

Jimbo

Immortal
d84eb0e2c2ad11e068f2d999558412651928e031d6d459165089cc8bf9a6c8f4.jpg

Mong

Post Whore
Lol. Jimmy is melting down again.

21 September could be a very amusing day..

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Read Frank has requested he not be selected against Chelsea. Fair request on his behalf I reckon, also think Pelligrini is a classy enough bloke to grant the request. Barring some horrendous injury toll happening to city of course.

Mong

Post Whore
Didn't Pelligrini say that if he's a city player he will play as required?

He's supposed to be a professional, if he chooses to play for another EPLclub then he should've prepared for such things.

In saying that, I haven't read that he has definitely asked for this to happen.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Only read something online last night, tbh I think city are strong enough in the Mid to not have to use frank against Chelsea so it'll probably be a bridge they won't have to cross.

I get what you're saying tho, you'd want him to be available for all games if the move does happen. But I don't think it's too far out question for the issue to at least be raised.

Jimbo

Immortal
Given that mong's imagination is proving as poor a source as ever, let's have a look at what people are really saying...

Frank Lampard: Man City move 'won't damage' Chelsea reputation

By Gary RoseBBC Sport

Former Chelsea winger Pat Nevin does not believe midfielder Frank Lampard's reputation as a Blues legend will be damaged by his move to Premier League rivals Manchester City.

Lampard, 36, was released by Chelsea in the summer and signed for Major League Soccer side New York City in July.

He has joined City on loan and Nevin said: "It won't damage the way Chelsea fans feel about him long term."

Chelsea fans' groups agreed, saying they will "not begrudge" him the move.

"You always get one or two idiots but the majority of fans will not go against him," Chelsea Supporters' Group chair Trizia Fiorellino said.

"It will be strange to see him in a Manchester City shirt but I could not begrudge him."

Lampard, who scored 211 goals in 649 matches over 13 years at Chelsea to become the club's record scorer, signed a two-year deal at New York City last month.

However, with the MLS season not getting under way until March 2015, he has joined Premier League champions City, who own the MLS franchise, until mid-January.

Real Madrid boss Carlo Ancelotti, who worked with Lampard while in charge of Chelsea between 2009-11, was shocked by the move, saying on Friday: "I'm really surprised because I thought he was coming to the USA to play.
"But he's a good signing for Manchester City."

According to David Johnstone, spokesperson for cf**k fanzine, Lampard had said as recently as last month that he would not play for any Premier League side other than Chelsea.

"He told me in the first week in July that he would not go to any other Premier League club and that he had season tickets for this year at Stamford Bridge and would come down," he said.

"But he is an absolute professional and if New York City want to loan him out he will do as he is told.

"He is the greatest player of my generation - a credit to Chelsea and England, and for English football as a whole."

Chelsea fans could potentially see Lampard line up against their side at the Etihad Stadium on 21 September.

Nevin, who made 193 appearances for Chelsea before moving to Everton in 1988, said: "I had to play against Chelsea after leaving them and I scored against them. There was enough pain felt for doing it, but there was great respect from both sides.

"In fact, the Chelsea fans applauded me when I scored. I suspect they would be the same for Frank if he did play against them.

"In time people will look back and recognise him as such a fantastic servant to the game."

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/28619578

Anyone who has further doubts about how Chelsea fans treat club legends who play for other clubs need only to look at the reception Drogba received last season

We certainly know how to treat our former players far better than the likes of West Ham

Mong

Post Whore
Only read something online last night, tbh I think city are strong enough in the Mid to not have to use frank against Chelsea so it'll probably be a bridge they won't have to cross.

I get what you're saying tho, you'd want him to be available for all games if the move does happen. But I don't think it's too far out question for the issue to at least be raised.

True, they probs don't have a whole lot of use for him anyhow. We wouldn't want the Chelsea fans rioting in the streets out the front of the etihad after the game because the fat man played for city.