What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MERCURY CHALLENGE :: 23 Feb :: Dragons 40 Bulldogs 30 @ Wollongong, NSW

Bulldogs_4_Life

Juniors
I just don't like people claiming players as their own to make their club sound better. Patten was nothing at Dragons and was/is a star at the Bulldogs. It would be like the Bulldogs saying "Jonathan Thurston, the former Bulldog, ripped them apart" when clearly he is a star at the Cowboys.

Stupid, minor issue I know, but it just ticks me off.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Timmah said:
I wasn't the one who pointed it out tbh
No, you just pop your head up and added your 2 cents. lol

Bulldogs_4_Life said:
I just don't like people claiming players as their own to make their club sound better.
That's one way of looking at it, but I thought it just gave the reader a little more info about the player(s) mentioned.
Bulldogs_4_Life said:
Patten was nothing at Dragons and was/is a star at the Bulldogs. It would be like the Bulldogs saying "Jonathan Thurston, the former Bulldog, ripped them apart" when clearly he is a star at the Cowboys.

Stupid, minor issue I know, but it just ticks me off.
So you are equally at home with this view whenever a media reports decribes a player as 'former bulldog'? Sure. lol

Thanks for expanding upon that Bulldogs_4_Life. I know I've given it enough airtime. ;-)

t-ba

Post Whore
Timmah said:
That's like referencing Fittler as a former Panther... his career was glorified when he was a Rooster FFS.

Wansn't he a premiership winning player and also the captain of NSW and Australia whilst at the Panthers?

Bulldogs_4_Life

Juniors
Willow said:
No, you just pop your head up and added your 2 cents. lol

That's one way of looking at it, but I thought it just gave the reader a little more info about the player(s) mentioned.So you are equally at home with this view whenever a media reports decribes a player as 'former bulldog'? Sure. lol

Thanks for expanding upon that Bulldogs_4_Life. I know I've given it enough airtime. ;-)
F'ing oath. I'm not biased and anyone who knows me will know this.

Johns Magic

Referee
Timmah said:
TEAM SHEET - DRAGONS TRIAL
19 Feb 2008

Team sheet for this weekends trial verse the Dragons at Win Stadium:

1. Luke Patten
2. Hazem El Masri
3. Andrew Emelio
4. Cameron Phelps
5. Matt Utai
6. Ben Roberts
7. Daniel Holdsworth
8. Jarrad Hickey
9. Corey Hughes
10. Charlie Leaeno
11. Kane Cleal
12. Andrew Ryan
13. Lee Te Maari

Interchange:
14. Justin Tsoulos
15. Aaron Groom
16. Tim Winitana
17. Michael Sullivan
19. Heka Nanai
20. Danny Williams
21. Gary Warburton

http://www.bulldogs.com.au/main.php?page=article&id=1498

Who's missing from that side besides SBW and Maitua?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Tonga & Millard, then a number of second-string players.

Bulldogs_4_Life

Juniors
Johns Magic said:
Who's missing from that side besides SBW and Maitua?
The players missing from the trial for the Bulldogs where:

Sonny Bill Williams, Reni Maitua, Willie Tonga, Daryl Millard, Chris Armit, Nick Kouparitsas, Brad Morrin, Leon Bott and Luke Thompson.

A fair few players missing. Ok, so 3 of them won't be in FG, oh well.