What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MERRIN ON THE OUTER ????

Drag Queen

Bench
Did Benji have a dig at the Dragons? I don't recall anything.
No he didn't KS. I'm fairly sure Benji was grateful for us giving him a lifeline after his failed attempt to play union for the poorest union team in NZ. Benji is a fairly shy and humble bloke. I'm not saying the other guys I mentioned aren't either. There just seems to be some bad blood behind their departures. I would hazard a quess it has something to do the Millward/McGregor dynamic. Could be totally off base here though.

Last edited:

Life's Good

Coach
If this is try then Merrin won’t look back on 2017 with any joy. Way down the rankings for rep honours was another filling in a sh*t sandwich he got served.

Spot On

Coach
He'd look comfortable in the Canberra pack where being (sorry to sound harsh) overweight by 15 - 20 kgs is a prerequisite to play first grade. Walk up start for the Green Machine. Get fit and he might hit some form.

RufusRex

Post Whore
Pass ... Jack is better and Sele coming through.

We need props and wings not locks and back rowers.

possm

Coach
No thanks his mouth is bigger than his heart . Rein merrin morris all wanted more now look at them .
My dear mom advised me to go through life with a character which forgives but does not forget. She said less stress and less likely chips on your shoulder. You know what, I can say that this was the best advice I received in my 63 years.

possm

Coach
Pass ... Jack is better and Sele coming through.

We need props and wings not locks and back rowers.
Maybe it's time for JDB to put on some extra muscle and join the prop rotation with Merrin at lock.

Vaughan
McInnes / Robson / Nichols
Graham
Sims
Frizell
Merrin

Ah Mau
De Belin
Host
Robson / Nicholls / Leilua

With Thompson moving on

Gareth67

First Grade
Yep , he made his bed , let him lie in it . As so many here have already said , the Dragons are full of class forwards and we simply do not require his services , perhaps the Gold Coast or the Knights .

Last edited:

Old Timer

Coach
Maybe it's time for JDB to put on some extra muscle and join the prop rotation with Merrin at lock.

Vaughan
Graham
Sims
Frizell
Merrin

Ah Mau
De Belin
Host

With Thompson moving on
I agree with your comment re JDB and have thought that for several years.
Re Merrin forget him as he is really a prop and there is no doubt Sele will develop good ball playing skills at lock which is what we need in the next phase of our teams development.

Datramp

Juniors
Id take him if the pennies are footing most of the bill. He is better than host/lawrie/sele et al.

Graham
Mcinnes
Vaughn
Thompson
Frizz
JDB

Ah Mau
Sims
Merrin
+1 on bench

BennyV

Referee

Vaughan
Graham
Sims
Frizell
Merrin

Ah Mau
De Belin
Host

With Thompson moving on
Sele will be better than Merrin.

Maxwell

Juniors
Its been a bad enough year for Trent Merrin both on and off the field this year but word filtering about that the former Dragon is being shopped around to other Clubs..!! Would seem odd as he recently signed long term but seriously what are contracts worth these days ..Source was via The Lurker but ...where's there smoke there's fire...
The Panthers app are still struggling to get under the cap for 2018 and have some outstanding Juniors coming through along with attempting to hold onto Cleary and Campbell Gillard long term ..
Mate , I spoke with my grandson Tuesday night, he trains with Panthers . He's in 30 man squad and he has heard nothing so far on merrin

SBD82

Coach

Vaughan
Graham
Sims
Frizell
Merrin

Ah Mau
De Belin
Host

With Thompson moving on
Have you seen him without a shirt this year?

How much more muscle do you want him to pack on without roids?

Anyway. Merrin is crap at lock. JDB is already better than him and still improving. It's a nobrainer for me.

Latest posts