What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Metal thread \m/

Vic Mackey

Referee
Didn’t realize Steel Panther were still around. Loved them about 5 years ago but they got old fairly quick

What’s the Sepultura lineup these days?

Vic Mackey

Referee
My wife watches the voice. I was subjected to seeing one of the little diseases that perform on this show like a trained seal.

They dressed him in a f**king Overkill T-shirt.

I can't stand seeing these pop singers wearing metal tees as a fashion statement.

I once spoke to a chick wearing an Iron Maiden shirt who didn’t even realise they were a band...

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Didn’t realize Steel Panther were still around. Loved them about 5 years ago but they got old fairly quick

all I can tell you is they are not all original, played in Byron last month $81 a ticket

Vic Mackey

Referee
saw them at Soundwave a few years back

they are not metal, f**king terrible

Surely no one takes them seriously as a metal band, however for a year or two I thought they were good value. Saw them live and were great. You’ve got to think of it as more like a show as opposed to a concert.

Eelementary

Post Whore

Eloy Casagrande
Andreas Kisser
Paulo Jnr
Derrick Green

Sepultura sucks so hard these days.

beave

Coach
Surely no one takes them seriously as a metal band, however for a year or two I thought they were good value. Saw them live and were great. You’ve got to think of it as more like a show as opposed to a concert.

Went and saw them a month ago in Brissy, they are great muso’s, surprised Twizz hates them. They’re a piss take, they are a metal comedy show, they’re not meant to be taken seriously.

Russ Parish is an amazing guitarist, he was also in Halfords little side band Fight in the mid 90’s.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Went and saw them a month ago in Brissy, they are great muso’s, surprised Twizz hates them. They’re a piss take, they are a metal comedy show, they’re not meant to be taken seriously.

Russ Parish is an amazing guitarist, he was also in Halfords little side band Fight in the mid 90’s.

That’s why I think they’ve been so successful, the guys are absolute top shelf mucisians. As you say Russ is a shredder of the highest quality, Michaels vocals are fcking immense, the notes he hits are incredible.

adamkungl

Immortal
Man I feel old and jaded, theres about two bands there I’d even pop down to the Stag or Factory to see. Kinda sucks now that I finally have the financial means to do euro/American festivals, I generally don’t have any interest in the lineups, 10 years ago I’d have cream over most of them.

Tough to please if you can't find anything worthwhile in there!

Trollhammaren

Juniors
Any recommendations along the lines of Blind Guardian, Nightwish, Epica, Rhapsody and Eluveitie?

I really really really dislike all those bands you mentioned but there is one power metal band that I feel kinda rules.

Heavenly from France. It's basically Queen on steroids. Sadly they aren't up to much lately.

https://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Heavenly/1433

Check out 'Dust to Dust' first. Dragonforce even recruited one of their members.