What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Michael Crocker's try

Anonymous

Juniors
It should have been 27-0 and not 27-4.

I'm not trying to rub salt into the wounds of Queenslanders and those misguided Kiwis who support them.

It's more to do with Harrigan's quickness to award a try without getting an upstairs opnion.

There was clearly a question mark over the try... what do you think was going through Harrigan's mind?

Green Eye

Juniors
Do you think the grounding of the try was the problem?

I think from video reply he just got his hand on the ball before it hit the ground and I mean JUST!

Anonymous

Juniors
Well actually, I don't think he had control and knocked it on. But who knows what the video ref thought because Harrigan never gave it a chance. I'm just curious because there's no way it could have been a sure thing.

salivor

First Grade
No try - For mine he only made contact with the ball again when it was hitting the ground which would make it a knock on. Doesn't matter though as with their terrible form this year any decision could've been given by the video referee.

legend

Coach
I think it was done as a sympathy thing so Qld could at least get on the scoreboard and trouble the poor old scorer, who must have been asleep up until that stage. Inconsequential IMO.

~bedsy~

First Grade
The rules say that if you lose control of the ball before you ground it then it's a knock on..... It should have been a no try.

ozzie

Bench
as it was explained that if the player regains control of the ball prior to groundind it, it is a try. It was touch and go but I said at the time it was a try. I follow NSW by the way.