What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mickeylane and Lizzie Appreciation

We all have that one friend who's a Dragons supporter, who's constantly saying things like "it going to be a good year, I can feel it" or " today's the day we turn our season around" or "a win is just around the corner".

We all have them, and sometimes it's nice to humour them during visiting hours when they are let out to play with the sane people.

St Georgio

Juniors
We all have that one friend who's a Dragons supporter, who's constantly saying things like "it going to be a good year, I can feel it" or " today's the day we turn our season around" or "a win is just around the corner".

We all have them, and sometimes it's nice to humour them during visiting hours when they are let out to play with the sane people.
Maybe the insane should visit the sane Dragons players, they just might get through to the them on commitment,hunger,desire and belief!

BringTheNoise

Juniors
For the record I don't think anyone disagrees that everyone is entitled to an opinion.

However being entitled to an opinion certainly doesn't imply that all opinions are equal.

JDHD

Juniors
If anyone here listens to This Week In League, I haven't heard this kind of blind optimism since Real Dad's blind faith in the Wests Tigers.

Life's Good

Coach
If I have offended anyone, my wholehearted apologies. And I apologise in advance for when it happens again.

Now, where is my apology for having to watch the Knights game??

Old Timer

Coach
Agree 100%, it's obvious that the OP has an over inflated opinion of his own importance. Petulant in the extreme.
He gives plenty and he cops plenty so all fair in love and war.
OV just calls it as he sees it where others try to hide under the cover of a new nice posts here and there.
Mickelylane likes to call foul but when you read some of his posts he says plenty of nasty things and dishes it out but hates copping it and TBPH takes the club apologist position more often than not while telling others they are shit bags for not supporting all things club.
Lizzie is just a f**king idiot trying to whip up some frenzy in the place and also doesn't mind dishing it out but less comfortable in copping it.
In the end we are like we are because the coach and the club have f**ked up yet another season and most likely we have 2 more years of the forum looking exactly like it does today.
Some will find some a glimmer of hope and others will find little if none.
The pro club people will bag out the people who called it as they see it and the people who call it as they see it will bag the people who have continued optimism and expect everyone else to take the same position.
To think this place was pretty peaceful and harmonious for 10 rounds until the inevitable struck but the trouble was the inevitable was forecast by some and decried by others thus the wars began.
Anyway let's hope everyone keeps posting and that the passion in here might some how rub off on a few people in keep positions.

jay mac

Juniors
Some will find some a glimmer of hope and others will find little if none.
The pro club people will bag out the people who called it as they see it and the people who call it as they see it will bag the people who have continued optimism and expect everyone else to take the same position.

Valid point OT. For the first time in my life, I have found myself questioning what it is that i'm actually supporting. What is it that i'm standing for if those coaches, players and officials, who are privileged enough to be in a position to influence the success of this once great club, don't seem to have the passion, work ethic or talent to do its proud history justice, or the integrity to recognise this and fall on their sword?

I'm really starting to feel that the reality is this - I'm supporting a company and probably have done since the late 90's.

Old Timer

Coach
Valid point OT. For the first time in my life, I have found myself questioning what it is that i'm actually supporting. What is it that i'm standing for if those coaches, players and officials, who are privileged enough to be in a position to influence the success of this once great club, don't seem to have the passion, work ethic or talent to do its proud history justice, or the integrity to recognise this and fall on their sword?

I'm really starting to feel that the reality is this - I'm supporting a company and probably have done since the late 90's.
God summation and I agree
The trouble is our company doesn't have the basic business acumen and certainly has a snouts in the trough mentality.
In actual fact our club has always been like a business even back in the 60's but those guys had a ruthless streak and valued the shareholder which is a far cry from the position we have today

If anyone here listens to This Week In League, I haven't heard this kind of blind optimism since Real Dad's blind faith in the Wests Tigers.
Or maybe there's more to it then blind optimism?? just because you don't see something that someone else sees doesent mean it's not there