What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Middle 8s

adamkungl

Immortal
Massive games for Catalans and London this week, both on TV.
HKR basically have nothing to play for from here, hopefully they tank again

deluded pom?

Coach
HKR basically have nothing to play for from here, hopefully they tank again

A few of the first team regulars missing from what I can gather. The privilege of tying up promotion early but scant consolation to Leigh and Widnes if Catalans beat a weakened Dobbins outfit.

adamkungl

Immortal
A few of the first team regulars missing from what I can gather. The privilege of tying up promotion early but scant consolation to Leigh and Widnes if Catalans beat a weakened Dobbins outfit.

Zero shits given about Leigh and Widnes here

Catalans Remy Casty is out injured. Foud Yaha is also out (I don't know if injured or dropped).

Paul Aiton is back.

Hull KR are resting Jamie Ellis, Shaun Lunt, Adam Quinlan, Nick Scruton, Mose Masoe, Maurice Blair, and Lee Jewitt or Justin Carney.

Last edited:
They've given the themselves a lifeline. They effectively need to beat Widnes or Leigh now to stay up. If they don't beat the former they need to beat the latter. I'd suggest they have to win next week or they're done.

They've given the themselves a lifeline. They effectively need to beat Widnes or Leigh now to stay up. If they don't beat the former they need to beat the latter. I'd suggest they have to win next week or they're done.

I agree. Catalans form has been dreadful. They managed to beat a massively under strength Hull KR side by the skin of their teeth. I don't know how Krisnan Inu managed to drop the pass with the try line wide open. The team has too many imports who are out of form. The best Catalans players are the French forwards Julien Bousquet, Remi Casty, and Benjamin Garcia. I don't know if Casty will be back next week. But Greg Bird will be back if the Catalans are forced into the million pound game. Not that his presence will decisive. The team doesn't have a potent attack.

The club will have to promote Lucas Albert next year because Richard Myler and Luke Walsh are leaving. I don't know who will be the team's goal kicker then. I also don't know from where they are going to recruit another competent half. But they might do well to buy Michael Lichaa as a hooker replacement for Paul AIton.

NRLMad

Juniors
Most of the imports were terrible. I don't understand why you'd sign then in the first place. Inu was having a shocker, Williame needs to be chucked. The forwards are generally soft. What is Louis Anderson still doing there? He must be 35

adamkungl

Immortal
That was one of the worst winning performances I've ever seen. After f**king up everything they touched, against a team with a tanked squad and nothing to play for, they manage to find themselves in front and STILL try to f**k it up with a dumb penalty.

If they stay up it's pure luck. Full strength KR playing for promotion put 40 on them yesterday. Catalans are mentally shot and the offseason can't come quick enough.

Hopefully London get up this week to throw another spanner in the works for Widnes and Leigh

adamkungl

Immortal
Well, that's the end of London for another year. Fairly limp defensive effort against a switched on Widnes outfit.

Would love to see what London could achieve with a Toronto-like injection of funding and marketing weight.
To me the most promising thing about the Wolfpack is not that they're drawing 7000 people a game in Canada, specifically.
It proves that with marketing smarts, drive, and the funding to make it happen, the game can take off anywhere. If it can happen in Toronto, it can happen in London, Paris, Dublin, Glasgow.

Catalans v Widnes in Perpignan for 3rd place. Loser plays Leigh in the MPG. A draw sees Widnes claim 3rd on difference.
If Widnes and Catalans put in similar performances to last week it's Widnes in a canter.

NRLMad

Juniors
Catalans lost 12-10. They now play the knockout game vs Leigh. They were hopeless.

Fullback is useless, myler useless, horo more concerned with his hair, winger duport hopeless - why is he even in the team? He's super slow. Centre inu worst lazy guy ever. Really the only players who are any good are French - margalet, half who came on late, prop. Why persist with so many imports????

Louis Anderson - he must be 35.

They'll need all those championship standard players next year.

If the rfl don't bring back franchises that's the last we'll see of Catalans in SL.

deal.with.it

Juniors
If catalan get relegated, they'd be better grabbing toulouse and starting a pro french comp. Get 6 other sides, use the money they both would have spent travelling to uk and toronto next year and give $ to each of the other 6 teams. Provide the footage to french tv in return for selling advertising for the first year. You could even attract london and toronto to join the french pro comp, rather than the rfl.

Yep. But it will take longer than off-season. Toulouse, Catalans, Aude, Avignon, Villeneuve (Aquitaine) and maybe one other expansion city like Lyon or Montpellier if they can find a backer. Maybe invite London and Newcastle. It would need a TV deal and might start with smaller budgets than SL but it could build. It would be better than this weird Super 13 regional thing the FFRXIII are pushing, although they need not be exclusive.

Leigh Howlett

Juniors
Catalans lost 12-10. They now play the knockout game vs Leigh. They were hopeless.

Fullback is useless, myler useless, horo more concerned with his hair, winger duport hopeless - why is he even in the team? He's super slow. Centre inu worst lazy guy ever. Really the only players who are any good are French - margalet, half who came on late, prop. Why persist with so many imports????

Louis Anderson - he must be 35.

Can't work out why they didn't take the 2 points from a penalty close to full time, as the commentators pointed out a draw would have given them home ground advantage against Leigh, can't wait..............

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Will be a poor outcome for thr game if they get relegated, but if there is to be P&R between the leagues and I beleive there should be then this.was always a risk.

If they do go down it will be a very interesting championship season. Catalans, toulouse, Toronto and London you would fancy could make the top 4

Inkers75

Juniors
I had Leigh to be relegated early on but now seem sure it will be Catalan. They have been awful.

Tigers1986

Juniors
Catalans have nobody to blame but themselves. Not many finals appearances in their 11 years and facing relegation to the Championship on the back of a horrible, horrible season. Maybe it's a kick to the guts that they deserve to start developing a team properly.

Leigh Howlett

Juniors
It's the survival of the fittest,out there, I remember a few years back when a side was relegated because Toulouse was exempt, didn't deserve to be relegated but are still running around under a new name.