What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Milne gone to Tigers

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Heard this morning on breakfast radio that Taane Milne has signed with the Tigers effective immediately. Milne is leaving because he is growing frustrated at his lack of opportunities given to him in grade. A tigers fan also asked me if I know of Taane Milne as he has heard the news as well somewhere.

Has anyone else heard this?

I also heard Cleary is keen on bring in Kurt Mann as well. I hope they keep Tedesco and Woods because if they let them go they will have plenty of cash to spend and it looks like their flavour of the month is Dragons players with Widdop, Mann and apparently Duges on their radar. I even heard Packer was on Cleary's list. Packer was a Warrior during Cleary's time there so possible link their.

Ace-STi

Juniors
The thing we have going for us is current form, we are on fire and players re signing will want to be a part of this.

We have a lot of our pack and future sorted.

I watched Dugan last night and he wants to stay 100% and i think he will.

Widdop is the captain and is settled with a young family in the Gong, no way he would want to move too far and up root his family.

No way he will be captain if he moves anywhere else

There's no way we hold onto Milne, Mann, Widdop, Dugan and Packer with Tigers chasing each of them. But if I had to lose one it'd be Milne so let's hope we fend them off for the rest.

How about we lose Lafai instead of Milne?!

Thanks again baldy, you're a gem of a coach.

Straight Shooter

possm

Coach
Hearing we are clearing decks to re sign Dugan, Widdop and Packer as the club sees them obviously as the future.

From what I have read Packer done deal and Widdop close

Milne gone for more game time understandably
We needed to sign Dugan and Widdop first and then make our way down the list according to priority.

The Doc

Juniors
Dammm... if milne goes that pretty much means lafai will be staying on.
His been playing ok lafai but give milne a run and he outdoes lafai three fold imo.
Mann will also be a loss... from a fans perspective.
But given his "versatilty" tag the loss probably isnt that big in the clubs eyes. Pity.
I guess it means some of the youngsters some of you brag about (i havnt really noticed them) may be next years "Mann and Milne".

Dragon Revival

Juniors
If we move Milne on we will save $200,000 -$300,000 pro rata. I do not know why Wests would want him given that they have Idris and Naiqama and two good wingers in Nofaluma and ?.
I consider Dodd and Herbert better players than Milne.

Clifferd

Coach
If we move Milne on we will save $200,000 -$300,000 pro rata. I do not know why Wests would want him given that they have Idris and Naiqama and two good wingers in Nofaluma and ?.
I consider Dodd and Herbert better players than Milne.

Basically a replacement for Kevvy.

From a Tigers point of view, Moses Suli is seen as a long term centre at the Tigs and Naiqama isn't wanted next year and to be fair is probably the worst centre in the nrl.

Idris is also only contracted to the end of this year so unless he has a big year won't be resigned

possm

Coach
If they do a player swap and send us Nofoaluma in return I would be happy with losing Milne.
We don't have the salary cap, that is why we are letting Milne go. I'm sure Millward made this known early this year and that is why Milne has dropped his head and why he has gotten little mins. in first grade.

SaintElroy

Juniors
No biggie, is it that bad if him leaving now we get to maybe front end duges or Widdops next contract , keep Mann and or promote Herbert to the top squad who would be cheaper and by all accounts doing really well in the cutters?

Milne looks like a slick player but also has some unforced errors in his game but I would rather keep Mann for versatility.

Maybe it's all part of the moving parts for the future of our squad. We have plenty of young backs coming through. Just my two cents.

Latest posts