What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MILNE Not the Answer At Right Centre!

Tiger Woody

Juniors
Milne was absolutely attrocious at right centre - he's not the answer from what i saw tonite...
  • Cant defend
  • Makes wrong decisions in attack
Surely once everyone is fit Mann is the answer!
thanks mickey,
We Tigers were looking at him for 2018....I also have noticed he misses a lot of tackles......
Now i can pass it on to our suffering supporters.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
One game Mickey. I want to see a few more before passing judgement.
Me to...for starters he needs to have the complete backing and cooperation from his coach....like Mann hes stuffed around by Mary week in and out and positional changes etc...how can blokes feel settled and part of the team when from one week to the next they don't know if their in FG or where their playing.....for mine Milne should have started this year in FG instead of Lafai he deserved that for the way he put in in the latter part of 2016...now having said that Lafai's gone ok but at the start of the season Mary didn't know that did he...all this crap about he was outstanding in pre season training....if I was these 2 youngsters ( M&M) I would be very frustrated and not know what my role or place was in the side...as I said it wasn't just Milne but because Mann had one bad stint at fullback then he was treated poorly imo by the coach....personally Mary hasn't a clue when it comes to instilling any confidence in the youngsters and I will throw Vavili in that group as well

giboz71

First Grade
Too much instability in the backline. Injuries have been a part of it, but if we're going to play a compressed up and in defence, players need time in established positions. Big part of the defensive structure is decision making and communication and players can't be expected to just to slot in hap hazard.

Nighty, Mann and now Milne have been shifted the last few weeks, difficult to establish defensive combinations.

hazzbeen

Bench
Noone is coming to play right Centre ,he was seen at the Airport talking to Rangi Chase .....

possm

Coach
It's the defensive pattern on the right and the instructions Mary issues to the players. No matter who gets selected at right wing/centre, we get the same result. There has to be a common cause.

Milne was absolutely attrocious at right centre - he's not the answer from what i saw tonite...
  • Cant defend
  • Makes wrong decisions in attack
Surely once everyone is fit Mann is the answer!
Totally agree.
If they had kept Milne on the wing and Mann to centre after Aitken was injured, we would have been better off.
Milne is big and strong but looks pedestrian. His positional play is a nightmare.

possm

Coach
Totally agree.
If they had kept Milne on the wing and Mann to centre after Aitken was injured, we would have been better off.
Milne is big and strong but looks pedestrian. His positional play is a nightmare.
It seems to me that no matter who we put at right centre, the same problem raises it's head. Maybe we need to look at the structure and the coach's instructions to find a cure.

Milne is not a winger. Mann should have been left a 6, Field to fullback and Nightingale to the wing.