What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Minor Semi-Final (2007) Ninjas v Rabbitohs

antonius

Coach
Scores

Ninjas

edabomb
The Lost Art of Making a Comeback
743 Words
Good article, well written, good subject. A piece on some of the attempted comebacks in our game.
Score88

Raider_69
Pride and Passion
743 Words
A piece on commitment and consistency, I reckon just about every fan wishes those qualities from his team.
Score 86

Paul Quinn
How to make the game more confusing.
750 Words
A tongue in cheek look at improving the rules. The writer has come up with some amusing alternatives to decide some of the more contentious rulings during a game. I liked the replacement of the coin toss.
Score89

TiTTieS
Sean Hampstead and the Chambers of Secrets
750 Words
Cleverly thought out piece on referees and their perceived performance with the whistle. The article, to be honest was a little lost on me, but I guess that’s just a taste thing.
Score 87

Jamesgould
The Dying Days
750 Words
Good reading piece on the way some players retired from the game. The writer puts the thought across that it’s not all about going out in a blaze of glory.
Score 86

Souths

Marshall Magic
The Only Crisis is Form
749 Words
A bit of a brief run down on the performances of the Newcastle club in recent years. The writer goes on to say that Brian Smith should be given a fair go. Some of the spelling and grammar in this piece was poor, and made reading difficult. As a Knights fan I would say the crisis has been poor recruitment during the Hagan years.
Score 83

Pistol
Bargain Hunt
748 Words
Sussing out the bargain buy players. There were a couple of errors reading this, at the end of paragraph 4, and towards the end of paragraph 1, it looks like you’ve been editing, and left some unwanted words in.
Score 85

Master Vippo
Dogs of War Preach a Lesson of Peace.
732 Words
What an enlightening read. Something (as the writer points out) not too many people would be aware of. Doesn’t surprise me one bit that Hazem accepted it for what it was.
Score 89

Mr Fahrenheit
Andrew Johns: Man or Myth?
740 Words
The writer separates the myths from the facts. No doubting that Johns was one of the greatest footballers to pull on a boot, but was he one of the greatest men to pull one on? Thought provoking read, and perceptive writing. I can tell you from first hand that he is not without fault. The flattery in no way influenced your score.
Score 90

Bumble
Faraway, So Close
747 Words
The passion for his club pours onto the page of this piece, the writer shows no pretence, You can just tell he means every word. Well written.
Score 91

Result Souths 438 defeated The Ninjas 436 POTM Bumble

Excellent game, with varied articles, in the end it probably came down to two articles getting Souths across the line. The Ninjas were very consistent across all five of theirs. Bumbles piece was very simple really, but the writer was able to capture and put into words his/her feelings so well.
Congratulations to Souths who move on. Very well done to the Ninjas in 2007.
:clap: :clap:

Skinner

Coach
Magic stuff from both teams.

Well done to the Ninjas in their inaugural year....making a semi is fantastic and it
augers so well for next season.

To the Souths team. Very well done. Mr F and Bumble......90's don't come along very
often, fantastic, enjoy em and good luck for the Big One.

Cheers

Master Vippo

Juniors
Well done Ninjas, you will always be my 2nd team. From the PvP, to a inagural finals berth is an amazing job. I really thought you had us reading those scores. It was agonisingly close.

:clap:

Mr. Fahrenheit

Referee
:clap:

f**king awesome Bumble! i just hope you this translates into your ext 2, lol

good work team, and good luck with next year CNTDN, a good effort for your inaugural year.

Many thanks to the rapid marking from Antonious, the flattery was more of a joke lol, but thanks for the officating :)

Great effort Bunnies, great win.

Good luck in 2008 Ninjas, solid season, and a real heart stopper here.

Bumble you are a legend.

Pistol

Coach
fantastic work team

fantastic

my apologies for my piece but a huuuuuuuuge congrats to Mr F and Bumble for a huge contribution in helping get us over the line. It was a team effort.

Well done Ninjas. fantastic effort in getting this far. You certainly gave us a scare and nearly pulled it out.

To Souths....

Bring on the next phase :D

and a big thanks to antonius for a great piece of reffing

Bumble

First Grade
Wow, my highest mark this year by a long way came at the right time :D

Thanks antonius.

Bunnies, what a win! Roll on to next week!

Unlucky Ninjas, some great scores there too.

TiTTieS_[CNTDN]

Juniors
Thanks to everyone involved, and especially antonius with the swift as always marking. I guess it was a gamble writing a Harry Potter like piece, and that gamble proved a little costly :(

edabomb

First Grade
Congrats to the Rabbits, and good luck the rest of the way. Thanks for the quick turnaround and marking Antonius.

I guess theres always next season Ninjas, see some of you then.

paulquinn49

Bench
Yeah totally gutted, I thought we had it won. At least Vippo didnt beat me I guess. 10 bucks Chuck thinks we are losers now, thats all I need.

Congrats to Souths, no doubt you will take the Warriors team apart.

I would also like to thank the Chuck Norris Texas Death Ninjas for a sweet as year, making the finals in our first year...come a long way from the side who couldnt even get into the comp 2 years ago.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Great match. Well done Souths and well done Ninjas on what has to be rated as a colossal debut season. :clap:

byrne_rovelli_fan82

First Grade
paulquinn49 said:
Yeah totally gutted, I thought we had it won. At least Vippo didnt beat me I guess. 10 bucks Chuck thinks we are losers now, thats all I need.

Congrats to Souths, no doubt you will take the Warriors team apart.

I would also like to thank the Chuck Norris Texas Death Ninjas for a sweet as year, making the finals in our first year...come a long way from the side who couldnt even get into the comp 2 years ago.

Nothing's certain just yet ;)

Latest posts