What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MINOR SEMI FINAL. Panthers v Warriors

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well speaking of cookies, the best ones are at a shop called Cookie Time in Christchurch NZ.

The home of the worlds largest ever cookie (even featured in the guinness book of records) surely Jesbass has had a few, It was one of the first things I did when I wen to NZ last year with mrs unit.

Pistol

Coach
results up once the crew of sts 130 have announced their mission patch

oh they have so here they are

Pistol

Coach
Panthers

Madunit with Underbelly: A Tale of Two League Identities = 92

A different angle on the recent TV series. Well researched and well structured.

Broncosman with National Rugby League Competition Membership = 84

Nice idea on how to support your team when not living in that area. A solid hitup which gained a bit of ground but didn’t bend the back of the defensive line.

LeagueNut with A rose by any other name = 92

Nice work. The writer dipped deep into the creative fountain to produce a well written article.

Azkatro with In the spirit of the game = 86

Those boys can certainly learn from Keith Senior.

Big Mick with The World has gone mad – Sponsorship Conflict = 87– 20 for being over the limit

Good effort. The article seemed a tad rushed though. Harmed by the large word count

Warriors

Kid Dynamite with Winner Takes All = 86

So many have criticised this system. The writer goes ahead to describe its advantages.

Antonius with He’ll Never Know. = 90

Great yarn.

MKEB with Crestfallen - A Tale Of Fading Preconceptions = 91

Well described and constructed article. You weren’t loquacious by any means.

Rayroxon with Who Are The People On Your 7s Team? = 85

An article describing the writers team. Solid, lacking the X factor.

Jesbass with Keeping Faith = 95

Its one thing to write an article about a fallen solider, but its another to capture the feeling, and marry that with description. This did it really well.

Warriors defeat the Panthers 447 – 421

POTM Jesbass

I want to say that this wasnt an easy match to mark. I really want to congratulate all the writers. You have done well.

gutted.. so very guttted.

well done to the warriors lol, i really wanted to play next week but hey, this gives me alot of time to do some articles for 2010. well done to the warriors, and Big Mick, thanks for being so awesome for this year.

well done all and good luck to the warriors. :(

Bad luck Penrith, but what a season! You've written some amazing words this year, looking forward to seeing the majority of you in the Quad Nations.
Warriors, well done, good luck for the Titans! Jesbass especially, just wow.

Big Mick

Referee
Pistol I know it doesn't mean anything, but you sure it was over the word count?

Quotes from resources I didn't think were included in the word count. Hence why I didn't include it as it wasn't really part of my article.

Ah well no matter.

Live and learn I guess.

Well done Warriors. Congrats to Jesbass I had a feeling it'd score very well.

To my fallen soldiers...i'm sorry i've let you down. Once again my ability wasn't up to par and I apologise.

Pistol

Coach
You're an awesome skipper Mick. There's no arguments on that point. You've let nobody down. You've kept the Panthers together. You've been there since day dot.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Mick, you're a champion in the F7s and haven't let anyone down.

Difficult decision for the ref.

But this was a great match.

Congrats to the Warriors and to the Panthers on a top shelf season. :thumn

Big Mick

Referee
Difficult decision for the ref.

But this was a great match.

Totally understand. I've had a chat to Pistol and I can see that point of view.

It was my own stupid mistake that I didn't read the references fine print enough.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Well mate, I still reckon it doesn't take anything away from what you've achieved. Good luck in 2010. Long live the Panthers. :D

LeagueNut

First Grade
Congrats Warriors. I'll be on your bandwagon for the rest of the F7s finals series now. :clap:

Cheers to Pistol for the marking, and for setting a new F7s record for "number of tease posts by a referee in a match thread". (Can we get that added to the F7's Awards this year??)

Now which way to the Mad Monday bar? :alcho::alcho:

Jesbass

First Grade
Captain's Knock:

To the Panthers, well done on a hard fought season. You're a team that can crush an unsuspecting opposition. I look forward to seeing you guys do another lap in 2010. :cool:

To the referee, many thanks for the quick marking, especially under difficult circumstances. Week 3 awaits! :D

To the Warriors, congrats! We needed to give it our all, and Penrith ensure that nothing less would suffice. Carn, Warriors! Titans, here we come! ;-)

And on a personal note...wow. Just wow. I wanted to do Sonny justice, and to get a personal record score in the process is incredibly humbling.

Jesbass

First Grade
To my fallen soldiers...i'm sorry i've let you down. Once again my ability wasn't up to par and I apologise.

Mate, that's nonsense. The Panthers have had a great season - don't be sorrowful. Instead, walk tall among the giants. You've let absolutely nobody down.

Latest posts