What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mitch Rein

Fangs

Coach
A thread dedicated to the little Aussie battler, Mitch Rein:

The little champ looks like he will make his debut for the Panthers in a fortnight.

Lets send him our best wishes.

*No 2016 highlights available...hmm...

Fangs

Coach
He certainly has some potential.

He has had a whinge and tried to get a release. And by the looks of things no one is interested in signing him. So now he has a golden opportunity to show he can cut it in the NRL.

I'm interested to see how our attack will play with Rein at 9 and at this stage a mystery 6. We were in a similar situation last year when we moved Wallace to 9 and Cleary to 7. That ended up being a turning point for the club, for the better.

mxlegend99

Referee
It will be interesting to see how he stacks up against Wallace. Most of the reserve grade games I have seen he was shocking. But his last match he looked good. Our whole spine were strong.

franklin2323

Immortal
Rein wants to play FG perfect 4 or so games for him to show what he has whether for us or someone else. Needs a big few games here

betcats

Referee
I doubt(or hope) he is as bad as he appeared last season. There were a number of under performing guys at Saints last year who are now playing well, hopefully Rein can do something similar here at Penrith, he was considered a good hooker before Mary. We don't need much from him, just good service and defence(service was issue for him last year so we will see).

Fangs

Coach
He is in baby.

Looking forward to seeing him in action this weekend. If he plays to his potential then he could be our starting 9 for a long time to come.

IF.

Thirsty Panther

Juniors
He really is playing for his career.

Not loved at the Dragons, couldn't find another first grade team to take him on and being forced to play NSW cup for us. This is his chance to play well and either secure a first grade hooking role with us or make him an attractive option for another team. Either way I expect he will play his heart out.

Looking forward to Sunday.

MrBlack

Juniors
Lets not forget he was short listed for State of Origin.

Playing in that Dragons side, then being overlooked at Penrith would not be very motivational for him.

This is his chance and I expect he will do very well.

All he needs to do is tackle well and often, and deliver good ball to the halves. He is more than capable of both these tasks.

Black Magik

Juniors
I thought he should have been on the bench for our first game against the Dragons. He would have had a point to prove etc and could have changed our start to the season.

Instead we played like busted's and are where we are now.

I hope he wreaks havoc out there with some incisive dummy half runs.

tripster

Juniors
He had a superb game. I hope he keeps it up. Is he only contracted with us until the end of this year or do we have him signed for 2018 as well?

chrisD

Coach
Was no difference to having Wallace out there besides the lack of kicking I thought, and that one time he did everything he could to try and make RCG drop the ball.

But realistically he's playing to try and be an impact bench hooker so unless he shows us some good running from DH he'll remain injury back up.