What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mitch Rein

MrBlack

Juniors
Of course but we all know the answer to that.

The only player I can remember being wrong about is Nathan Smith.

Nathan Smith - Noticed he is still running around in Ron Massey Cup. Obviously not playing for money or contract, must just love it for the game....

Fangs

Coach
Time for some Rein:

ALL RUNS: 6
ALL RUN METRES: 54
TACKLES: 48
MISSED TACKLES: 9...
LINE BREAKS: 0
TRIES: 0

Well, at least he missed one less tackle than Nathan Cleary.

OldPanther

Coach
Time for some Rein:

The missed tackles were from rushing their big forwards which stopped their go forward. As a stat it looks bad but it was invaluable.

murraymob

Coach
Time for some Rein:

what stats don't tell is speed of the ruck that alone can create running space for the forwards.Rein is a better hooker than wallace

Fangs

Coach
what stats don't tell is speed of the ruck that alone can create running space for the forwards.Rein is a better hooker than wallace

Yessss.

There needs to be a revolution in the rugby league stats world. Plenty of stats we don't get to see. You are completely right about ruck speed. Though I think we will see Wallace return.

tripster

Juniors
Rein's performance has created a real dilemma. Purely based on form Wallace shouldn't come straight back into the starting side - Rein has been fantastic. The speed of his service and his ability to deliver long bullet passes out wide have really helped our attack close to the line.

I am and always will be a huge fan of Wallace but I am not really sure what we do at this point - both Wallace and Rein are 80 minute players so we lose a bench spot that could otherwise be used for an impact foward if we choose both in the side.

Kilkenny

Coach
When Gould signed Mitch Rein I was shot down on this forum for declaring what an astute signing. Despite what Dragons fans may have said he is a very very good player which he has shown given the opportunity. Mitch Rein is now our incumbent hooker and sadly Peter Wallace will not get the gig back unless Mitch gets injured. That's the it goes.

mxlegend99

Referee
His career is on the line. So he has more urgency then any player in our team.

He wasnt wanted by anyone including us a month ago. An injury to Wallace has given him a chance to show what he can do.

I never rated Rein. But considering our only hooker was Wallace I was never bothered by it either. He is clearly better than any of our young guys. Hopefully Egan works out. I dont think Katoa will.

martielang

Bench
When Gould signed Mitch Rein I was shot down on this forum for declaring what an astute signing. Despite what Dragons fans may have said he is a very very good player which he has shown given the opportunity. Mitch Rein is now our incumbent hooker and sadly Peter Wallace will not get the gig back unless Mitch gets injured. That's the it goes.

I am surprised, very unlike this forum....

Fangs

Coach

Lovely sentiment. I too was a fan of the signing and so was my wife.

But he won't keep his place over Wallace. He will have to hope for a position on the bench. I still see Rein as our long-term option though.

chrisD

Coach
Was good. No errors. Probably should try his hand some kicking on the last in attacking position, couldn't do any worse.