What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mitch Rein

MrBlack

Juniors
Settle down everyone - he has played 2 games.

Lets hope they are a preview of the next 30-40 games he plays for us.

When Wallace comes back I suspect Rein to the bench. Griffin has shown in the past that he likes a spare no.9 on the bench. This will probably be the way we transition Rein in and Wallace out (by next year).

OldPanther

Coach

When Wallace comes back I suspect Rein to the bench. Griffin has shown in the past that he likes a spare no.9 on the bench. This will probably be the way we transition Rein in and Wallace out (by next year).

I wouldn't mind a 2 hooker rotation but that would mean Peachy and Rein on the bench. That starts digging into the forward rotation surely.

Not sure carrying Peach and Rein on the bench will work

mxlegend99

Referee
Thats why you drop Whare and have Peachey on for 80 minutes at centre.

Rein has done more in 2 weeks to deserve his spot than Whare has done all year. Completely useless in attack. Not that our centres seem to be part of any of our attacking structures anymore.

franklin2323

Immortal
I wouldn't mind a 2 hooker rotation but that would mean Peachy and Rein on the bench. That starts digging into the forward rotation surely.

This Rein and Peachey missed as many tackles as the halves did on Sat. So can't see how it will work

martielang

Bench
Can't see a problem with Peach & Rein on the bench together. They play two different positions & we have the size & engines in our starting pack (& off the bench) to cover it.

I thought Rein was tremendous in defence given the traffic he had coming at him all game.

OldPanther

Coach
This Rein and Peachey missed as many tackles as the halves did on Sat. So can't see how it will work

To be fair to Rein he missed tackles because he rushed the big Raiders forwards and stopped their momentum. He got the missed tackle stat but it helped us a lot.

MrBlack

Juniors
Peachy to centre would be the way I would go.

Keep Rein on the bench. We don't know how good Wallace will be (health wise) after his return.

mxlegend99

Referee
To be fair to Rein he missed tackles because he rushed the big Raiders forwards and stopped their momentum. He got the missed tackle stat but it helped us a lot.
Moylan did the same a number of times. As far as missed tackles went they were not as bad as the usual missed tackle.

But when you have 5 guys doing that... Its notall that great since it means the tackles arent being made.

How about Dylan Edwards though... 15 tackle breaks. And people said they dont see anything special about him.

He has an erro4 in him. B6t when h3 offers 200m or so with ball in hand. Bounces out of tackles and still possesses the ball playing skills to keep a movement going... There's no better fullback at the club.

Hell one of his errors was a load of shit anyway. Wighton knocks on into him... Video ref says we can see the ball travels backwards. Time to f**k Panthers again.

OldPanther

Coach
Moylan did the same a number of times. As far as missed tackles went they were not as bad as the usual missed tackle.

But when you have 5 guys doing that... Its notall that great since it means the tackles arent being made.

How about Dylan Edwards though... 15 tackle breaks. And people said they dont see anything special about him.

He has an erro4 in him. B6t when h3 offers 200m or so with ball in hand. Bounces out of tackles and still possesses the ball playing skills to keep a movement going... There's no better fullback at the club.

Hell one of his errors was a load of shit anyway. Wighton knocks on into him... Video ref says we can see the ball travels backwards. Time to f**k Panthers again.

I completely agree with all of that. Obviously I was just talking about Rein as an individual. I am happy to see they are keen on the defensive side of things now.

On Big Dill. That call was rubbish. I love him as our 1. If he can be consistent we will have a world class fullback for years to come.

chrisD

Coach
I don't want Rein on the bench because I don't think there's anyway he'd play Cartwright at lock then, it'd leave us skinny in the front row. And I don't think Peachey is going back to centre, the way Chambers towelled him up was more a "yeah that's not your position and we finally got made to pay for it" sort of thing rather than just a bad day to write off.

Fangs

Coach
Another week with Rein in the starting side. How quickly things can change in the NRL. I'm glad he stuck around during all the release talk (Or more likely, he wasn't offered another contract by another club).

Hopefully we get to see more of Rein's legendary 'scoot' this Saturday.

Thirsty Panther

Juniors
Another week with Rein in the starting side. How quickly things can change in the NRL. I'm glad he stuck around during all the release talk (Or more likely, he wasn't offered another contract by another club).

Hopefully we get to see more of Rein's legendary 'scoot' this Saturday.

I believe the Eels were keen on him but Panthers wouldn't release him.

Just as well as its turned out.

Nealo 12

Bench
I think that Wallace and Cartwright will have to come back via NSW Cup , the team is going too good at the moment .

Fangs

Coach
I'd like to see Wallace or Rein play a similar role to Cameron Smith. Short kicks from dummy-half to help out Moylan who has struggled in that area. Smith flunked it last night in Origin II but he is usually very good at forcing a drop-out.

Latest posts