What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mitchell Pearce

gordsy

Juniors
Laurie will pick him. NSW might have gotten rid of one half the worst Origin selection panel when Bozo fell on his sword, but Loz is still around to haunt them.

So true. I thought having Sterling as an advisor might help with selections but it seems with are doomed for another year of Farah .Pearce and the Morris duds.

Last edited:
The utterly gleeful thing for QLD supporters, is that win lose or draw the Origin Series, NSW will continue to select Mitchell Pearce. Year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year...

No repercussions for poor Origin form. Those situations seem to fall upon a selection blind-spot. The same excuse for his selection is trotted-out year after year after year after year after year after year after year.

"He is the form halfback in the competition. We can't overlook him".

The bottom line is that no matter how badly he plays in Origin, based on his non-Origin performances, seemingly without reference to his actual Origin form, Pearce will be included as the Origin half.

Is it any wonder that Origin seems to be Groundhog Day for the Blues? Remember fellows, that Pearce's continued selection is merely the symptom of the true problem. The cause of the problem lies within your Blues system. There is a mindset. A misguidedness at the uppermost levels of the Blues system that cannot admit that they are wrong, that will not entertain any other way than what has gone before. They are entrenched and they are more determined than ever, in the face of criticism, to stay with their course.

Bumblers who have their hands on the steering wheel and will never relinquish it even if they destroy the ship.

With Pearce's 'wealth of Origin experience', expect to see him handpicked to become one of the NSW's Blues Origin selectors/hierarchy after he retires from the game, as well.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Paul Kent on 360 tonight

'If he's picked this year he will be given full control of the side, he's never had that before'

Ahhhh ok...

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
I will always be mesmerized by the NSW footy media's obsession with Pearce in Origin. So because he got caught acting like a tool on the piss, he's suddenly a better player?

But please, select him again. QLD won't exactly complain

big hit!

Bench
Paul Kent on 360 tonight

'If he's picked this year he will be given full control of the side, he's never had that before'

Ahhhh ok...

Not if Farah's there

But I said it in other thread too.....he needs the conditions he gets at the rooters to have any chance of succeeding

Pedge1971

First Grade
Not if Farah's there

But I said it in other thread too.....he needs the conditions he gets at the rooters to have any chance of succeeding

Dont think you will get pissweak opposition and a million chances to nail a match winning field goal in origin unfortunately....

Knightmare

Coach
I've shit-canned NSW halfbacks in the past who went on to play good games (Finch, Noddy).

If Jnr Jnr gets picked and plays a strong game/ series I'll happily eat not just a slice, but the entire humble pie...

But the thing is...he's had so many chances to prove me wrong- and I'd love him to prove me wrong- but he's been average at best and completely shat the bed at worst.

Why he can't take his Roosters form into Origin is beyond me, but the fact is there are some players who step up for Origin and some who don't. Pearce (like Braith before him) is one such player. Laurie seems to keep hoping that being the son of Wayne Pearce means he'll make the same impact on NSW his dad did, but as much as we'd like it to happen...I doubt it.

Time to blood somebody else.

The thing that worries me the most is him actually winning the origin series this year with Queensland being vulnerable. If he does win you can be sure he'll be locked in for the next few years regardless of how NSW goes. For this reason I want Queensland to absolutely smash the Blues if he gets selected and hopefully that can be the end of him, Daley and Sterlo.

OldPanther

Coach
The thing that worries me the most is him actually winning the origin series this year with Queensland being vulnerable. If he does win you can be sure he'll be locked in for the next few years regardless of how NSW goes. For this reason I want Queensland to absolutely smash the Blues if he gets selected and hopefully that can be the end of him, Daley and Sterlo.

People need to lay off Sterlo. This is his first year.