What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mitchell Pearce

tigertiger

Juniors
That's right I left out.

Pearce is really maturing as a player. He is a natural leader. He is very vocal with the guys. Guiding them around the park. He takes control of the plays. He is the organiser of the team. He is constantly working off the ball. He is a good defender. Did I mention that his game has really improved? He has a natural partnership with James Maloney. They won a premiership together. He kicked a field goal. He has learnt a lot from his previous Origin games. He has found a way to win. NSW are building a dynasty.

d3b0d7ba8d384bd9fb18034e7a767307a5955770c267d242244469ba29d7a7bb.jpg

forward pass

Coach
If we can win a series with Hodkinson at halfback then I don't see why we can't win one with Pearce.

He is the best of a bad bunch at the moment. I think we got what we expected from Pearce last night. There were other guys that I was much more disapointed with than Pearce - WOODS, PEATS, FIFITA, FERGUSON, CORDNER, FRIZELL and JACKSON.

Lol at anyone who would defend Pearce.
He isn't a forward, we don't grade him on guts and effort and backing up.
He is the halfback, we grade him on kicking passing and team organisation. He sux at all 3 essential skills every single Origin game.

To keep doing the same thing and expecting a different result isnthe definition of insanity.

Loz needs to go too. He got the squad he wanted. Time to pay the price for failure.

LOL @ Gus really pushing the Mitchell Pearce makes Origin plays late in the game.

oldmancraigy

Coach
LOL @ Gus really pushing the Mitchell Pearce makes Origin plays late in the game.

Exactly!
The only game we made Origin plays late was game 1 (after Pearce went off).
We probably lose that game if he stays on - we don't score the 16 points and Qld gains field position through his impotent kicking game.

gUt

Coach
In all seriousness, again Pearce didn't cost NSW the game but didn't contribute anything to promote a possible win either. IMO there were much worse players on the field but to be honest Qld were "on" last night. It was up to NSW's forwards to step and and really push the f**king intens-o-metre into the red, but apart from Klemmer it's hard to nominate a NSW forward who consistently put in for his state.

In the backs it's a similar story. Tedesco and Dugan played with fire and desire, Morris too perhaps, but the rest of them just looked uninterested.

Maloney has what it takes but you could see his head drop early in the second half.

Frailty

First Grade
I don't think anyone will deny there were other players in NSW that didn't perform - Hayne, Ferguson, Fifita, Woods, Dugan, etc. But realistically how many chances do they need to give Pearce? We've won one series in the last 12 - it's not coincidence that he didn't take part in that series at all.

His kicking game is awful. He can't read the oppositions defence - when to give early ball or when to take it to the line.

I don't give a shit about the 'we don't have anyone better'. How do we know? Origin isn't club football. Munster wasn't QLD's next best 5/8 after Thurston, but he was able to perform. Pearce can't and will never perform on an Origin level. NSW ruled out Kimmorley for better performances than Pearce has ever produced.

age.s

First Grade

It gets better :)

Career Prospects
The playing future of Mitchell Pearce looks bright, with a possible shift to AFL after strong interest was shown from the GWS Giants and Sydney Swans. It is reported they were impressed with his ability to consistently hit the Queensland fullback and wingers on the chest with his 5th tackle kicks. The Wallabies are also desperate for his signature after he has demonstrated traits crucial to Australian Rugby culture, such as losing important matches, missing tackles, getting bullied by his opponents, going missing in attack, and habitually disappointing his supporters on the big stage. Finally, it appears his movie star good looks will pay off. Directors are interested in Pearce replacing Rowan Atkinson for the upcoming ‘Johnny English 3’ due to his experience in somehow repeatedly getting selected in an important role despite seemingly being inept and incapable of performing it.

mxlegend99

Referee
The only game we won this series was the game Pearce failed to finish.
Yep. Game 1 and 2 were nearly identical... only Game 2 our lead was bigger.

Game 1 he gets injured and we run away with it.
Game 2 he stays fit and Queensland steal it from him

Anyone who has watched Pearce in blue before knew what would happen if he played 80 minutes of Games 2 and 3.

mxlegend99

Referee
His 'Origin plays' were a missed tackle and running a ball dead. How desperate do you need to be to use those points as good points?

Pearce is a great club halfback.
Pearce is the worst Origin player ever though.

Being better than a player at club level doesnt mean Pearce is a better option for NSW. He is not the same player at that level. How anyone can think otherwise is beyond me.

How many shit games and lost series does he need to be in before they realise there is only one possible outcome when you pick him? You pick him. You lose. Its simple and proven.

His opposition is irrelevant. No Inglis. Thurston. Scott. Boyd etc. And he still cant win.

Yet apparently the only reason Hodkinson won was Cronk was injured....

big hit!

Bench
Exactly!
The only game we made Origin plays late was game 1 (after Pearce went off).
We probably lose that game if he stays on - we don't score the 16 points and Qld gains field position through his impotent kicking game.

scored 16 points when he was on beginning of game 2. not defending him, just picking the holes in your argument.

pearce didn't lost this series on his own. much of it is also on the back of the starting forwards (ex frizell) and graham too

mozza91

Coach
Just watching a highlights video on channel 500 and they've actually edited the NSW try to make it look like Pearce did the kick when it was actually Maloney. f**king lol.

simmo05

Bench
It is quite astounding the sway he has over the media, and the coaches/selectors. 2014 they finally turf him, we win. Next year we turf the incumbent and we lose ever since.

His inability to find grass on his kicks give an immediate advantage to qld coming out of their own end. This is what bothers me most about him. The effort is there, the skills arnt. Surly he wont be, but if he is picked next year I will not be watching

oldmancraigy

Coach
scored 16 points when he was on beginning of game 2. not defending him, just picking the holes in your argument.

pearce didn't lost this series on his own. much of it is also on the back of the starting forwards (ex frizell) and graham too

Really? you MUST be a Pearce fan?

Watch game 1 again. 12-4 he gets knocked out and removed. First 10 of the second half the Maroons were threatening and Pearce kept doing the same old same old of kicking it to the FB on the full.
Pearce gets KO'd.
Tedesco scores
Fifita scores
Hayne scores.

The blues effort was good, no class on the right from the playmaker. Maybe we wouldn't have won the series playing someone else, but it is a guaranteed series loss to pick Pearce.

Latest posts