MLB Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sport and Pastimes' started by Snoochies, Mar 28, 2018.

1. Snoochies

Snoochies Bench

Any Baseball fans here?

I for one am looking forward to opening day and also have something else to watch besides Parra being hopeless and the media circus around rubbing balls the wrong way.

Looking forward to seeing if Judge, Stanton and Sanchez can live up to the hype.

2. T-Boon

T-Boon Bench

Yep. Go Yankees.
    MLB season interferes with my work because I work from home a lot and thats where Fox is.
    I bet Sanchez has the best season of the three.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2018
  3. Snoochies

Snoochies Bench

Be interesting to see how Judge adjusts this year, I don't think he'll hit as many homers but his % will go up. If they are planning on using him at number 2, he needs to cut down on the strikeouts so his focus will need to be more contact. Sanchez will be a very happy man behind Stanton but who might be even happier is Didi, he'll see a lot of fastballs.

4. T-Boon

T-Boon Bench

Yeah, I've heard they are going to use him at 1 a bit because even though he strikes out a lot he also gets on base a lot through walks.

5. T-Boon

T-Boon Bench

And Stanton homers with his first at bat in pin stripes.

6. Snoochies

Snoochies Bench

Great start by the Yanks, Stanton with 2 Hr's and Judge with 2 hits.

Been an eventful opening day all round.

7. AusKnightRKO

AusKnightRKO First Grade

The Yanks will be hard to stop with that batting lineup, not looking forward to Stanton at Fenway, he will pop at least 5 over the monster through the year.

Price is a bust for the sox, killing our payroll, need to have a yankees type rebuild.

8. T-Boon

T-Boon Bench

My prediction of Sanchez having a better season than Judge and Stanton is not looking good. Through 6 games he has 1 hit from 18 at bats.

9. Snoochies

Snoochies Bench

He's popping up a lot. He's seeing the ball but needs an adjustment.

Look at the stats of the bottom of the Yankees order, they are out hitting the top of the line up but that's to be expected at this stage. Pitchers are working around the top order guys and going after the bottom order therefore they are seeing a lot more pitches in the zone. I think I said back up there ^^^^ Didi would benefit most out of this and he certainly is.

Hope Stanton can at least start making more contact soon.

10. T-Boon

T-Boon Bench

WOW, just had a nasty brawl in the Yankees v Red Sox game. Fat lips, broken bats. A couple of big lads going at it. Really great stuff.

11. Snoochies

Snoochies Bench

Was great to see the rivalry continue. Mind you, ad an ex player, you never ever slide in with your cleats up. Wasn't surprised he got drilled when he came upto bat.