What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MND link up

Nuke

Staff member
Joondalup started this about 6yrs ago, as a former juniors coach and passionate Giants supporter was suffering with MND. We teamed up with Nth Beach, as their club also had a close experience with the disease. For a few years, Giants vs Sea Eagles played for the MND Shield and wore specially designed socks (white with the two shades of blue, as per the logo). There was talk at the back end of my time as President of expanding it to being a comp-wide thing ... and maybe 2020 there was a full dedicated round to it? I can't remember now, but I THINK it either did take place, or was put on ice last-minute due to the covid shutdown.

I'm really happy that it has gained wider exposure as time's gone on, and I have absolutely no doubt that those who started it at Joondalup and Nth Beach (I won't mention any names in case they don't want to be known) are stoked to see it get the attention it is. I also am sure Trevor, the Giants guy who had MND, would be looking down and proud of where it's going.