What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mobile phones / plans

Lambretta

First Grade
I have always gotten a new phone with a plan and have always had Samsung Galaxy phones

But to be honest, I don't need the latest Apple / Samsung tech as I really only use minimal things on my pocket held distraction device: Internet (a bit), Facebook, text, camera, whatsapp and that phone thingy to speak with people

i am on a joint plan with my daughter and she always uses up more of our data allowance, which means she has to pay extra money for gigs and that annoys me.

I looked at the latest plans and you can get 12 gigs of data on a $69 a month plan for the latest Samsung Galaxy
(Tmy daughter gets 3 gigs, so that would make 15 gigs of data per month)

OR, I could swap onto a SIM only plan where I pay $40 a month and get 30 gigs of data
This really appeals to me, but I know as soon as I do it, my phone will cark it and I'll have to buy a new phone outright

If I need to buy a phone, can I get something really decent for $500? If so what?
Or should I just go with the latest Galaxy again and play it safe even though it's extra moolah?

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
Motorola g5 is a Great phone for under $250, stock android is fast, god battery life, well made. I have a g4, wife has the g5. They've been faultless.

Lambretta

First Grade
Motorola g5 is a Great phone for under $250, stock android is fast, god battery life, well made. I have a g4, wife has the g5. They've been faultless.

I thought the Moto G5 was like $500
Its the G5 plus I was thinking of but they're only $350

This could be the thing which sways me. 32 gig phone (plenty for me), decent battery. Go SIM only.

If anyone has any other suggestions to check let me know

Pommy

Coach
Personally I’ve always been a fan of iPhones over android.
If you’re in the market for something basic but solid and that will have support from the manufacturer for a good time yet you couldn’t go very wrong with an iPhone SE.
Although there are rumours the new SE will be out next month.

Lambretta

First Grade
My wife and daughters have iphones
They baffle me. Pressing the same button slightly differently does different things

Seems dumb to me.

Or maybe I am doing it wrong

Lambretta

First Grade
I have switched to a SIM only plan for $45 a month which includes 30 gigs of data and free music streaming. Seems like a good deal

Now I have to choose a phone
Most likely going to go with a Samsung J5 Pro or a Samsung J7 Pro

Does anyone have one of these phones?