What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

More bad news for AFL

sorry EL D, yes they do do out of season testing

and yes carey jumped b4 being pushed but wife swapping and the like are rampant in all codes of footy.

and yes i am jealous i am not a single footy player!!!

El Duque

Bench
Here's an excerpt from this article http://old.smh.com.au/news/0203/07/sport/sport2.html

"The AFL is proud of a record that shows only two positive tests - one for a steroids, the other for amphetamines - in eight years of testing. However, given it abandoned out-of-season testing for recreational drugs more than a year ago, it can no longer claim to have the situation totally in hand."

during Abletts days there was testing and he was found to be clean everytime, but like i said that may have been better managment than being clean 24/7

E

Edwahu

Doesleague test for recreational drugs?
I have seen a few fairly wasted footballers in my time and I am suprised we dont hear about busts more often. Maybe recreational busts are kept in-house alot more?

El Duque

Bench
You forgotten about Field and McGuinnes?

There's been a lot more than those two busted over the last few years as well.

E

Edwahu

I did forget those twoand I alsoforgot the wholeCostin/Kennedy thing at Canberra.
I just remember Daley blowing up about rec drugs not been tested for a couple of years back, when did they change it?

Im pretty sure rec drugs have been tested since rod howe, adam mcdougall and a couple of others got caught in a short amount of time. The ASDA website should have something on it. McGuiness and Field only got caught because of using rec drugs, they were performance enhancers.

Moffo

L

legend

Well, the Swans today reported a loss of 1 million dollars which comes after a revision of their earlier forecast of a small profit. That's quite a turnaround and it shows the AFL clubs are living beyond their means. It sort of makes the NRL clubs look fiscally responsible and the NRL like Warren Buffet's with their "strict" policing of the salary cap.

Latest posts